Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Gollum and Gandalf arrived in NZ!

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 21 2011, 11:58pm

Post #1 of 21 (3590 views)
Shortcut
Gollum and Gandalf arrived in NZ! Can't Post

According to the Noldor Blog, that is.

http://nznoldor.blogspot.com/

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2011, 12:29am

Post #2 of 21 (1793 views)
Shortcut
That's good to here [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, though it wasn't related to TH, I liked:
"No photos sorry - their security looked stronger than me."
*snert* Laugh

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Hamfast
Rohan

Feb 22 2011, 12:29am

Post #3 of 21 (1775 views)
Shortcut
Thanks macfalk. [In reply to] Can't Post

All good news. I went ahead and added the blog to my favorites....don't know why I waited this long. Great to hear Andy's back in NZ getting ready.

KAOS82
Rohan

Feb 22 2011, 12:34am

Post #4 of 21 (1764 views)
Shortcut
I do the same way; now waiting 4 Gandalf!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
All good news. I went ahead and added the blog to my favorites....don't know why I waited this long. Great to hear Andy's back in NZ getting ready.

TÚRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA & NIENOR NÍNIEL

duats
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2011, 12:50am

Post #5 of 21 (1796 views)
Shortcut
That blog... [In reply to] Can't Post

Says Freeman and the Thirteen Dwarves arrived in Wellington last week. I thought that they've been there for four-five weeks.

(This post was edited by duats on Feb 22 2011, 12:50am)

lurtz2010
Rohan

Feb 22 2011, 12:56am

Post #6 of 21 (1799 views)
Shortcut
Awesome... but there's another Christchurch quake [In reply to] Can't Post

Why are disasters always happening in the same place more than once lately

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Feb 22 2011, 12:59am

Post #7 of 21 (1761 views)
Shortcut
They have [In reply to] Can't Post

And McKellen made it pretty clear that he wasn't going to be in New Zealand until next month. I would take this with an arkenstone-sized grain of salt.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

duats
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2011, 1:07am

Post #8 of 21 (1777 views)
Shortcut
Looks like it's true [In reply to] Can't Post

From Sir Ian himself:

A wizard is never late: but I hadn¹t intended last Thursday to arrive in Wellington for The Hobbit filming, five weeks early. Yet, what¹s new? Just a year ago, touring New Zealand with Waiting for Godot, I had expected to start shooting in July 2010, with Guillermo del Toro in charge. I was staying at his spare house on Breaker Bay, close to the Jackson compound. There he told me why he was abandoning Middle Earth, as Warner Brothers and MGM got perilously close to postponing The Hobbit forever and he worried about his commitments to other work. So my plan to jump straight from Beckett to Tolkien had to be abandoned and I flew home for a prolonged break.

A year on, filming was to start at the end of February 2011. I curtailed a holiday in India to make sure I would be on time.

Then, while I was away, Peter Jackson had his stomach operation. The insurance company has insisted on five weeks recuperation. Which is why, yet again, I¹m here early. Waiting for Bilbo.

I was hoping to see Peter up and kicking at the party Philippa Boyens threw last week for the actors and again the following day, when Graham Mactavish and Gwen had a house-warming party in their garden and house overlooking the Wellington harbour. No luck: but there were many others to say hello to; beginning with 13 dwarves.

To be continued.

http://www.mckellen.com/...bit-movie/110222.htm

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 22 2011, 1:15am

Post #9 of 21 (1746 views)
Shortcut
Bless Jack the Blogger! [In reply to] Can't Post

He's so gifted at being at the right place at the right time and telling the right people... US!!! :D

He saw Andy who saw Sir Ian! *fist in the air* YES!!! The troops have landed!!!!

I took a picture of the Blogger-king and his cup o' coffee when I saw him last year. I should send it on to him :)

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Feb 22 2011, 1:16am

Post #10 of 21 (1730 views)
Shortcut
I stand corrected! [In reply to] Can't Post

And glad to be!

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

sphdle1
Gondor

Feb 22 2011, 1:26am

Post #11 of 21 (1781 views)
Shortcut
Maybe it's a sign [In reply to] Can't Post

that the hobbit movies are going to rock the world!Cool

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

Steven Van der Berg
Rivendell

Feb 22 2011, 1:28am

Post #12 of 21 (1729 views)
Shortcut
Quit a throng, already! [In reply to] Can't Post

I see at least one other must have a FaceBook account and is subscribed to Ian's feed.. ;) And here, I thought, I'd sneak in, all-clever-like and mention his blog post. It's never good to underestimate a Wizard or their fans! ;)

Good news all-around, though!

Rivendell

Feb 22 2011, 1:29am

Post #13 of 21 (1751 views)
Shortcut
Question for you Mac: [In reply to] Can't Post

Any recent Bard Rumors? I didn't see anything in the rumors section and have not been around the boards to read the latest grumblings(using the net now involves a few liters of diesel and my truck, so not much time for message boarding)

Tx

W

"I Told you I was Freaky"

"I can see through Metal boys, and that's no lie."

K (I was going to carve an E, but it was too many letters.)

lurtz2010
Rohan

Feb 22 2011, 1:35am

Post #14 of 21 (1783 views)
Shortcut
maybe... but people are dead [In reply to] Can't Post

Owain
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2011, 7:02am

Post #15 of 21 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Good to see the cast is mingling... [In reply to] Can't Post

Getting to know one another... Will translate well on screen Wink

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

(This post was edited by Owain on Feb 22 2011, 7:03am)

sphdle1
Gondor

Feb 22 2011, 1:09pm

Post #16 of 21 (1570 views)
Shortcut
I didn't see the news until sometime after I posted [In reply to] Can't Post

That's horrible. I didn't realize it was that bad.

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

(This post was edited by sphdle1 on Feb 22 2011, 1:10pm)

B.R.n
The Shire

Feb 22 2011, 6:33pm

Post #17 of 21 (1536 views)
Shortcut
A day of mourning for NZ [In reply to] Can't Post

Off-topic:
First of all, my condolences go with all the ones perished in Christchurch.I've never heard of an earthquake in that area before.
Secondly, is this video I discovered today fake or not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baInF-t1eQM&feature=related It looks counterfeited from a 100 miles away, yet nobody bellow the video commented against so I'm confused .

(This post was edited by B.R.n on Feb 22 2011, 6:42pm)

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2011, 6:58pm

Post #18 of 21 (1476 views)
Shortcut
That's fake. [In reply to] Can't Post

The video description is a lie. The shot is taken from the fan-made film Born of Hope, or perhaps The Hunt for Gollum. I've definitely seen it before but I can't remember which one it's from. We were discussing the Dol Guldur design shown in the video a few weeks ago.

Ruijor
Rohan

Feb 22 2011, 7:43pm

Post #19 of 21 (1451 views)
Shortcut
That shot is from LOTR - Born OF Hope fan film [In reply to] Can't Post

The uploader seems to dislike the truth since he seems to have erased my comments where I stated it is not from The Hobbit...

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Feb 23 2011, 5:04am

Post #20 of 21 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good tidings you bring.

In Reply To
From Sir Ian himself:

A wizard is never late: but I hadn¹t intended last Thursday to arrive in Wellington for The Hobbit filming, five weeks early. Yet, what¹s new? Just a year ago, touring New Zealand with Waiting for Godot, I had expected to start shooting in July 2010, with Guillermo del Toro in charge. I was staying at his spare house on Breaker Bay, close to the Jackson compound. There he told me why he was abandoning Middle Earth, as Warner Brothers and MGM got perilously close to postponing The Hobbit forever and he worried about his commitments to other work. So my plan to jump straight from Beckett to Tolkien had to be abandoned and I flew home for a prolonged break.

A year on, filming was to start at the end of February 2011. I curtailed a holiday in India to make sure I would be on time.

Then, while I was away, Peter Jackson had his stomach operation. The insurance company has insisted on five weeks recuperation. Which is why, yet again, I¹m here early. Waiting for Bilbo.

I was hoping to see Peter up and kicking at the party Philippa Boyens threw last week for the actors and again the following day, when Graham Mactavish and Gwen had a house-warming party in their garden and house overlooking the Wellington harbour. No luck: but there were many others to say hello to; beginning with 13 dwarves.

To be continued.

http://www.mckellen.com/...bit-movie/110222.htm

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 24 2011, 3:12am

Post #21 of 21 (1379 views)
Shortcut
It's in-Hobbit-IMPOrtant? [In reply to] Can't Post

IF life...... is a FEAST..
TRUST...NZ!
we know NZ is one of the World's FInES..T countrys,
.......so do what you can. to HELp NZ...

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Feb 24 2011, 3:17am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.