Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The hobbit in total film

Welsh hero
Gondor

Nov 26 2010, 7:18pm

Post #1 of 13 (1202 views)
Shortcut
The hobbit in total film Can't Post

Can somone get us some scans

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/total-film-magazine-issue-175

http://www.facebook.com/hobbitnz

(This post was edited by Welsh hero on Nov 26 2010, 7:23pm)

Bound
Rohan

Nov 26 2010, 7:34pm

Post #2 of 13 (522 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't be much in it... considering they haven't started filmining...

Welsh hero
Gondor

Nov 26 2010, 7:36pm

Post #3 of 13 (539 views)
Shortcut
true [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a look at the to small to read screen cap, it had the set and casting info

Welsh hero
Gondor

Nov 26 2010, 8:55pm

Post #4 of 13 (496 views)
Shortcut
Total film suggested martin freeman in 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/who-should-play-bilbo-baggins/martin-freeman-1#content

He is a good choice. As long as we get both Sherlock and the Hobbit, it will be the best thing ever

carrioncrow
Lorien

Nov 27 2010, 12:39pm

Post #5 of 13 (413 views)
Shortcut
Sherlock [In reply to] Can't Post

due to issues mostly having nothing to do with the actors, my love for this series is fading fast.

Welsh hero
Gondor

Nov 27 2010, 12:42pm

Post #6 of 13 (429 views)
Shortcut
I Loved the series [In reply to] Can't Post

I found it to be one of the best thing on TV this year

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Nov 27 2010, 1:47pm

Post #7 of 13 (363 views)
Shortcut
I find Sherlock the series fascinating [In reply to] Can't Post

It is the first modern take on the myth that I find credible and fun. Please tell us what your problem with it Is.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
New Zealand is Middle-earth & today life is good.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.

Photobucket

Doriath
Rivendell

Nov 27 2010, 8:15pm

Post #8 of 13 (349 views)
Shortcut
if you're a Sherlock fan in general... [In reply to] Can't Post

check out the series that was done in the '80s starring Jeremy Brett. I got addicted to it a few months ago and bought the whole series. His portrayal of the character is really fun.

Gives it to us in glorious 2D!

Ruijor
Rohan

Nov 28 2010, 9:27pm

Post #9 of 13 (253 views)
Shortcut
80īs Sherlock Homes [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
check out the series that was done in the '80s starring Jeremy Brett. I got addicted to it a few months ago and bought the whole series. His portrayal of the character is really fun.

"Really fun" is an understatement, Jeremy Brett was the Man. He embodied the character like no other actor did...

squire
Valinor

Nov 28 2010, 9:57pm

Post #10 of 13 (267 views)
Shortcut
Brett is the best [In reply to] Can't Post

I fell in love with him and Hardwick as Holmes and Watson, to the point where I have a hard time watching any other on-screen Holmes's and Watsons.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd (and NOW the 4th too!) TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 28 2010, 10:21pm

Post #11 of 13 (292 views)
Shortcut
Oh, me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been a fan of the original stories since I first encountered them in elementary school, and I never could stand any of the adaptations until I saw the Granada series. Not only a superb Holmes but two...two non-bumbling Watsons! A stupid Watson will make an adaptation completely unwatchable for me, even if the Holmes is ok. I hate stupid sidekicks, especially when it's not how the character was written.

I did find myself quite enjoying the new Sherlock, which surprised me a little since I'm so picky about my Holmes. But I appreciate the nods to canon and the update was cleverly done and well cast.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

carrioncrow
Lorien

Nov 28 2010, 10:43pm

Post #12 of 13 (310 views)
Shortcut
i certainly like the two lead actors... [In reply to] Can't Post

and i really enjoyed the first episode.

the idea of 21st cuntury setting and the use of technology is good.

but at the heart of the stories...there is a bit of laziness...not maybe in the writing..but in the story-telling.

Boromir2k
Bree

Dec 3 2010, 4:18pm

Post #13 of 13 (240 views)
Shortcut
Too much Hollywood [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Robert Downey as an actor, but the Sherlock he plays is too much of a Hollywood action hero than
the calmer, sneakier, cultivated eglish man Sherlock is in the books..

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.