Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Meet Your Hobbit Cast - Updated Dec. 7, 2010

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 21 2010, 10:05pm

Views: 13321
Shortcut
Meet Your Hobbit Cast - Updated Dec. 7, 2010 Can't Post

This post contains the latest confirmed casting. We will update this list as new cast members are officially announced, so check back often!

Martin Freeman - Bilbo Baggins

Martin John C. Freeman (born 8 September 1971) is an English actor. He is known for his roles as Tim Canterbury in the BBC's Golden Globe-winning comedy The Office, Arthur Dent in the film adaptation of Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Dr. John Watson in Sherlock.

Freeman has appeared in at least 18 TV shows, 14 theatre productions, and several radio productions. His most famous role remains that of Tim Canterbury in The Office. He also appeared in the sitcom Hardware. Additionally Freeman has appeared in several films, including Sacha Baron Cohen's Ali G Indahouse (2002) and Richard Curtis' Love Actually (2003). As well as his various comic roles, Freeman has also appeared in serious dramatic parts. His most prominent dramatic role to date has been as Lord Shaftesbury in the 2003 BBC historical drama Charles II: The Power and The Passion. He can also be seen making a brief appearance in the first episode of the second series of This Life, helping himself to £30 from Milly and Egg's bedside table before unknowingly swigging a mouthful of Egg's urine from a lager can. Freeman also starred in the BBC's television series The Robinsons. Freeman also had a cameo performance in episode 1 of Black Books.

He had a cameo in Hot Fuzz (2007), a film written by Shaun of the Dead writers Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, and had a brief non-speaking role in Shaun of the Dead as Yvonne's boyfriend, Declan. He is in the 2007 film The All Together written & directed by Gavin Claxton. He also appeared along side Roger Lloyd Pack, Jamie Hogarth and Christopher Mellows in the 2007 Bill Kenwright theatre production of The Last Laugh.

He also features in the video for Faith No More's cover of "I Started a Joke". He has recently covered a few shows on BBC 6 Music. In May 2009 he starred in a comedy, called Boy Meets Girl - a four part drama that charts the progress of characters Veronica and Danny after an accident which causes them to swap bodies.

Freeman plays Dr. John Watson in Sherlock, the BBC contemporary adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes detective stories. The first episode, "A Study in Pink", was broadcast on 25 July 2010 to critical acclaim.

Richard Armitage - Thorin Oakenshield

Richard Armitage (born 22 August 1971) is an English actor. At 17 he joined a circus in Budapest for 6 weeks to gain his Equity Card. Armitage returned to Britain to pursue a career in musical theater. He appeared on stage in various musicals, including Cats as Admetus and Macavity.

Dissatisfied with this career path, he returned to school to study acting at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA). "I had started on a certain road in musical theatre and I was about 21 when I suddenly thought this is not quite the right path I am taking. I needed to do something a bit more truthful than musical theatre. For me it was a bit too theatrical and all about standing on stage and showing off. I was looking for something else, so that's why I went back to drama school."

After completing LAMDA's three year program he returned to stage to appear as a supporting player with the Royal Shakespeare Company's productions of Macbeth and The Duchess of Malfi, as well as Hamlet and Four Alice Bakers with the Birmingham Repertory Theater while taking a series of small roles in television and films.

His first major television role was in the BBC drama Sparkhouse (2002) as the shy but noble John Standring. "It was the first time I went to an audition in character. It was a minor role but it was something I really got my teeth into...I couldn't go back. I knew I had to approach everything the same way." After this he took a variety supporting roles in the TV productions of Between the Sheets, Cold Feet (series 5), and Ultimate Force (Series 2).

Then in 2004 he appeared in his first leading role, that of John Thornton in the BBC adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. Armitage felt personally drawn to the role due to his northern working-class family background. "My father's family were weavers and spinners. It was where I came from and it was exciting to think I could be a part of it." He also cited Thorton's dualism as drawing him to the character. "The dichotomy between the powerful, almost monstrous, entrepreneur and this kind of vulnerable boy is exciting for me to look at."

In 2005, he played Peter MacDuff in Macbeth as part of the BBC's ShakespeaRe-Told series and appeared in the Inspector Lynley Mysteries episode "In Divine Proportion" as recovering gambling addict and suspect Phillip Turner. He starred in the BBC's The Impressionists, in which he played the young Claude Monet, and as Dr Alec Track in ITV's The Golden Hour, a medical series based on the London Air Ambulance. He also played his first substantial role in movies with the independent film Frozen.

In 2006, Armitage took on the major role of Sir Guy of Gisborne in the BBC series Robin Hood. "In order to sustain the character of Guy, you have to find the conflict within him. He's constantly pulled between good and evil, between who he wants to be and who he actually is. He could have been a good man, but he is forever dragged down by his fatal flaw - that he wants glory at all costs." "I have to say I think baddies are always the most fun to play because you get to be rude and aggressive and you get to do things that you can't really do in everyday life. We have to be civilized and nice and polite. And when you play the bad guys you get to play all those notes of your personality. There's a little bit of me in Guy, I think, sort of the aggressiveness. No, it's great fun; I love it." The final series of Robin Hood, series 3, started on 28 March 2009.

Armitage appeared in a two-part 2006 Christmas special of The Vicar of Dibley, as Harry Kennedy - the vicar's new love interest (and eventual husband). He reprised the role in 2007 for Red Nose Day. On 8 April 2007, he starred in George Gently, a detective drama, with Martin Shaw and Lee Ingleby. Armitage played biker Ricky Deeming. On 9 May 2007, he appeared in the BBC Four production of Miss Marie Lloyd - Queen of The Music Hall. playing Marie Lloyd's first husband, Percy Courtenay. He also appeared in the Granada TV production of Agatha Christie's novel Ordeal by Innocence as the character Philip Durrant.

Armitage joined the cast of Spooks for series 7 which began on 27 October 2008, in the UK, as the character Lucas North. "On the surface Lucas is an amiable character but eight years in a Russian prison has had a profound effect on him. His personality is divided between who he was before he was imprisoned, the prisoner, and the person he has become. He has an outer facade which is personable, but underneath is someone who has been through a big trauma...He has no knowledge of how damaged he is emotionally until memories start to work their way to the surface." "I love films with a combination of action and good characters. That's why Lucas is interesting as I get to play someone with a complex psychology who goes out there and tries to save the world." Armitage gained notoriety during the filming of series 7 when he allowed himself to be subjected to waterboarding in order to film a flashback sequence.

In March 2009, he began filming for Series 8 of Spooks, which began airing in November 2009. In July 2010 he finished filming series 9, due to be broadcast in late September.

On 20 May 2009, he appeared in the BBC1 drama Moving On as John Mulligan.

In May 2010 he starred as John Porter in "Strike Back" for Sky 1. On playing John Porter Armitage stated, "On paper it is pretty obvious what kind of drama "Strike Back" is, but the driving challenge for me and the scriptwriters and directors was to find the emotional centre of John Porter. How does a man become a trained killer and then go home and put his arms around his wife and rock his baby daughter to sleep? How can a soldier not have a conscience about what he is being asked to do?" Elsewhere he said, "In the end it was the character I was attracted to, the story of a man who makes a decision under pressure and that decision has a knock-on effect on his whole life. He goes in search of atonement still believing he did the right thing even though it cost the lives of three of his friends....I admire the tenacity of standing up and saying "I made a mistake, I'm going to take the consequences. I'm going to search out the reason it was a mistake." There's anger and there's injustice. It's like, "I did the right thing, with the wrong outcome.""

Sky1 has commissioned a second series of "Strike Back", due to be broadcast late in 2011.

In recent years, Richard Armitage has also performed a great deal of voice work such as reading poetry for various radio programmes and starring as Robert Lovelace in BBC Radio 4's production of Clarissa: A History of a Young Lady in April 2010. He has recorded audio books from those based on BBC's "Robin Hood", to Bernard Cornwel's The Lords of the North, to three Georgette Heyer novels for Naxos AudioBooks: Sylvester, Venetia, and The Convenient Marriage which was released in August 2010. He has provided the narration for documentaries such as "Homes From Hell", "Empire's Children", "Too Poor for Posh School?", "Forest Elephants: Rumble in the Jungle", and "Surgery School". He has also provided the voice over for several advertisements.

Aidan Turner - Kili

Aidan Turner (born 19 June 1983) is an Irish film and television actor. He is perhaps most notable for playing a vampire, John Mitchell, in Being Human (since 2009), a drama-comedy television series first aired on BBC Three, a United Kingdom television network.

He briefly appeared, uncredited, as Bedoli in the first episode, "In Cold Blood" (2007), of The Tudors, an Irish/Canadian-produced historical-fiction television series first aired on Showtime, an American premium-television channel.

Turner also appeared as Ruair McGowanre in two seasons of The Clinic (2008-2009; 18 episodes), a medical-drama television series first aired on RTÉ One, an Irish television channel. He appeared as Dante Gabriel Rossetti in Desperate Romantics (2009; six episodes), a costume-drama television series first aired on BBC Two, a U.K. television network.

Since 2009, he has been appearing as John Mitchell in Being Human.

Turner has also appeared in several films, including two short films as well as appearing as Mal in the feature film Alarm (2008).

Rob Kazinsky - Fili

Robert Kazinsky (born Robert John Appleby; 18 November 1983) is an English actor and model. He is best known for his appearance as Casper Rose in Sky One drama Dream Team in 2005/2006 and Sean Slater in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders from 2006 to 2009.

Kazinsky was born in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, England, the son of Phyllis and Paul Appleby, and grew up in Brighton. He has an older brother, Michael. Kazinsky is Jewish, descended from immigrants from Poland and Russia. He was educated at Hove Park School in Hove, from 1995-2000. Kazinsky was expelled from both Hove Park School and later, his college. He appeared in their productions of Bugsy Malone and A Midsummer Night's Dream. He achieved a grade B in his drama GCSE in 2000.

Kazinsky trained as an actor at the Guildford School of Acting from September 2002 to July 2005. He took his grandfather's middle name as his stage name. He has appeared in Israeli television commercials. He made his acting debut in 2005 when he had a guest role in an episode of the CBBC children's show The Basil Brush Show, playing a character named Sven Garley. He then got a role in Sky One's football drama Dream Team where he played Casper Rose from late 2005 until 2006, when he was killed off towards the end of the ninth series after Kazinsky announced his intention to leave.

It was announced on 18 May 2006 that he would be playing Sean Slater in EastEnders, and he made his first appearance on 22 August 2006.

It was announced on 18 January 2008 that Kazinsky, after starring in the soap since August 2006, will leave EastEnders. Speaking to This Morning on 31 July 2008, Kazinsky confirmed that he would not be pursuing a career in Hollywood but would instead begin an apprenticeship as a mechanic when he leaves EastEnders, saying: 'With the writers' strike and the newly confirmed actors' strike, it's not the best time to go (To America)'.

Kazinsky has also been penning a new television series inspired by Sex and the City which is set to air sometime in 2010. George Lucas offered him a part in his new Second World War fighter film Red Tails. Kazinsky plays a "pilot who has to adapt to being among African-American comrades."

On YouTube, Kazinsky was featured as the presenter in the EastEnders launch video since they had launched their new video channel on Youtube.

Graham McTavish - Dwalin

Graham McTavish (born 1961) is a British television actor.

He has played the character Warden Ackerman in Red Dwarf in five episodes of series 8. McTavish has also had many supporting roles in British dramas and films such as Casualty, Jekyll, The Bill, Taggart and Sisterhood. He also played the ill-tempered Mercenary Commander Lewis in Rambo, had a role as Desmond's drill sergeant in the fourth season of Lost, starred in Ali G Indahouse as a Customs Officer and played a Russian pirate in NCIS. He played Ferguson in 4 episodes of season 4 of Prison Break. He has also starred in the film Green Street 2 which was released on 23rd March 2009. McTavish provided the voice and motion capture work for the evil psychopath war criminal Zoran Lazarevic in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the voice of the main protagonist Dante Alighieri in Dante's Inferno, Restoration leader Commander Lucius in the Shadow Complex video game, and the Decepticon Thundercracker in Transformers: War for Cybertron. He played Russian Foreign Minister Mikhail Novakovich in the eight season of 24. McTavish has also been cast in upcoming film The Wicker Tree, Robin Hardy's much anticipated sequel to 1973's The Wicker Man.

John Callen - Oin

John Callen has been a voiceover artist for more than 35 years. He has performed in hundreds of radio plays and narrated more than 120 documentaries as well as a variety of commercial work, straight and character, for New Zealand and around the world. A true professional and a pleasure to work with.

Stephen Hunter - Bombur

Unwittingly cast as "the clown" from an early age, Stephen is at home with comedy roles, and has developed a great sense of comic timing from his many years on stage. This has resulted in him being cast in dozens of comedic roles in TVC's, and Television Comedy. Stephen is also a very strong dramatic actor, scoring leading guest roles in many TV dramas. And he keeps himself sharp for the next role with regular "Meisner" training at The Actors Pulse in Redfern.

Mark Hadlow - Dori

Mark Hadlow (born 1957) is a New Zealand actor and comedian. Hadlow is perhaps best known internationally for the role of Harry in King Kong.

Hadlow's early film appearances were in serious roles, such as in Beyond Reasonable Doubt, but he is perhaps better known in New Zealand for his comedy roles, particularly in the television sitcom Willy Nilly, and some of the voices for the 1989 Peter Jackson puppet film, Meet the Feebles. He also starred alongside New Zealand Maori comedian, Billy T James in "The Billy T James Show". Hadlow has also released an audio CD called "Tall Tales". It consists of classic children's stories narrated and performed with a Kiwi twist.

Between films and television, Hadlow works in Christchurch's Court Theatre, where he has directed, produced, and acted in many plays. Hadlow is known for interacting with the audience whenever possible. This is made easy in the theatre's intimate, 200-seat setting, where the audience is literally next to the stage.

While appearing in a one-man play, he met his wife. They met in the audience before the start of the play because Hadlow always started off in the audience. In his wife's words, "this nice man who I didn't recognise sat next to me and we started chatting. Within minutes he knew a lot about me. Suddenly he got up and started acting in the play."

Peter Hambleton - Gloin

Joined the Council in 1996. Graduate – New Zealand Drama School. A well-known actor and theatre director, Peter has worked in stage, radio, television and film. His many performances at Circa include A Doll’s House, I Hate Hamlet, Angels in America, Arcadia, The Herbal Bed, The Bach, Copenhagen (for which he won a Chapmann Tripp Theatre Award for Actor of the Year), Democracy, Home Land, and Who wants to be 100?. He has directed Marathon, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Wait Until Dark and All the World’s a Stage. Recipient of the SGCNZ Artistic Fellowship to Shakespeare’s Globe 2002, and Winston Churchill Fellowship 2007. Member of the Programming Committee. One of the capital’s most well known actors, Peter has appeared in over 70 professional productions, most recently at Circa in Blood Wedding, and in Four Flat Whites in Italy. Earlier this year he starred in The Letter Writer during the NZ International Arts Festival, and he takes the stage next in The Birthday Boy. As a director his work includes Marathon and All The World’s A Stage in Circa Two, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Wait Until Dark, and last year’s comedy hit The 39 Steps. Peter is a Circa Council Member, a winner of several Chapman Tripp Theatre Awards, and was awarded a S.G.C.N.Z. International Artistic Fellowship to Shakespeare’s Globe in London (2002), and a Winston Churchill Fellowship to study Shakespeare productions in the U.K. (2008).

James Nesbitt – Bofur

James Nesbitt (born 15 January 1965) is a Northern Irish actor. Born in Ballymena, County Antrim, Nesbitt grew up in the nearby village of Broughshane, before moving to Coleraine, County Londonderry. He wanted to become a teacher, like his father, so began a degree in French at the University of Ulster. He dropped out after a year when he decided to become an actor, and transferred to the Central School of Speech and Drama in London. After graduating in 1987, he spent seven years performing in plays that varied from the musical Up on the Roof (1987, 1989) to the political drama Paddywack (1994). He made his feature film debut playing talent agent Fintan O’Donnell in Hear My Song (1991).
Nesbitt got his breakthrough television role playing Adam Williams in the romantic comedy-drama Cold Feet (1998–2003), which won him a British Comedy Award, a Television and Radio Industries Club Award, and a National Television Award. His first significant film role came when he appeared as pig farmer “Pig” Finn in Waking Ned (1998). With the rest of the starring cast, Nesbitt was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award. In Lucky Break (2001), he made his debut as a film lead playing prisoner Jimmy Hands. The next year, he played Ivan Cooper in the television film Bloody Sunday, about the 1972 shootings in Derry. A departure from his previous “cheeky chappie” roles, the film was a turning point in his career. He won a British Independent Film Award and was nominated for the British Academy Television Award for Best Actor.
Nesbitt has also starred in Murphy’s Law (2001–2007) as undercover detective Tommy Murphy—a role that was created for him by writer Colin Bateman. The role twice gained Nesbitt Best Actor nominations at the Irish Film & Television Awards (IFTA). In 2004, he starred in the fact-based drama Wall of Silence as the father of a murdered boy, a role that gained him another IFTA nomination. In 2007, he starred in the dual role of Tom Jackman and Mr Hyde in Steven Moffat’s Jekyll, which earned him a Golden Globe Award nomination in 2008. Nesbitt has since appeared in several more dramatic roles; he starred alongside Liam Neeson in Five Minutes of Heaven (2009), and was one of three lead actors in the television miniseries Occupation (2009) and The Deep (2010). He also has roles in the movies Outcast (2010) and Emilio Estevez’s The Way (2010).
Nesbitt is married to former actress Sonia Forbes-Adam, with whom he has two daughters. He is a patron of numerous charities and in 2010 accepted the ceremonial position of Chancellor of the University of Ulster.

Adam Brown – Ori

Adam (born 29 May 1980) trained in Performing Arts at Middlesex University, London with John Wright. He is co-founder of the comedy theatre company ‘Plested and Brown’ and has written and performed in all seven shows to date: Carol Smillie Trashed my Room, The Reconditioned Wife Show, Flamingo Flamingo Flamingo, Hot Pursuit, Minor Spectacular, Health & Stacey and the most recent The Perfect Wife Roadshow. He is a regular at the Edinburgh Festival and has toured with his company across the UK as well as performances in Armenia, South Korea and New Zealand.
With the rest of the ‘Plested and Brown’ team (Amanda Wilsher and Clare Plested) he has worked with David Sant (Peepolykus), Phelim McDermot (Improbable/Adams Family Musical), Cal McCrystal (Mighty Boosh) and Toby Wilsher (Meta Morpho/Trestle). For the past four years Adam has delighted audiences at the Corn Exchange, Newbury in the Christmas pantomime. Most recently Adam has appeared as Oswald Potter in a new children’s series for the BBC. He can also be seen in a several commercials (Money Supermarket, Cheesestrings, Standard Life & Virgin).

Ken Stott - Balin
Bio coming soon

Jed Brophy - Nori
Bio coming soon

William Kircher - Bifur
Bio coming soon

Cate Blanchett - Galadriel
Bio coming soon

Sylvester McCoy - Radagast the Brown

Sylvester McCoy (born 20 August 1943) is a British actor. A comic act and busker he appeared regularly on stage and on BBC Children’s television in the 1970s and 80s but is best known for playing the seventh incarnation of the Doctor in the long-running science fiction television series Doctor Who from 1987 to 1989 and a brief return in a television movie in 1996. He came to prominence as a member of the comedy act “The Ken Campbell Roadshow”. His best known act was as a stuntman character called “Sylveste McCoy” in a play entitled An Evening with Sylveste McCoy (the name was coined by actor Brian Murphy, part of the Roadshow at the time), where his stunts included putting a fork and nails up his nose and stuffing ferrets down his trousers, and setting his head on fire. As a joke, the programme notes listed Sylveste McCoy as played by “Sylveste McCoy” and, after a reviewer missed the joke and assumed that Sylveste McCoy was a real person, Kent-Smith adopted this as his stage name. Some years later, on discovering that there were thirteen letters in ‘Sylveste McCoy’ and feeling that this might be unlucky, McCoy added an ‘r’ to the end of ‘Sylveste’.[citation needed] Notable television appearances before he gained the role of the Doctor included roles in Vision On (where he played Pepe/Epep, a character who lived in the mirror), an O-Man in Jigsaw and Tiswas. He also appeared in Eureka, often suffering from the inventions of Wilf Lunn. McCoy also portrayed, in one-man shows on the stage, two famous movie comedians: Stan Laurel and Buster Keaton. He also appeared as Henry “Birdie” Bowers in the 1985 television serial about Robert Falcon Scott’s last Antarctic expedition, The Last Place on Earth. McCoy also had a small role in the 1979 film Dracula opposite Laurence Olivier and Donald Pleasence.

Mikael Persbrandt - Beorn
Bio coming soon

Ryan Gage - Drogo Baggins
Bio coming soon

TORn Official Cast Page

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Dec 9 2010, 6:15am)

Subject User Time
Meet Your Hobbit Cast - Updated Dec. 7, 2010 News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Oct 21 2010, 10:05pm
    Congrats all! Doriath Send a private message to Doriath Oct 22 2010, 5:16am
    Links to pics Owain Send a private message to Owain Oct 22 2010, 5:22am
    Awesome news! Congrats to them all! I really like... Owain Send a private message to Owain Oct 22 2010, 5:26am
    Fantastic Growlithe the Grey Send a private message to Growlithe the Grey Oct 22 2010, 6:16am
        I am completely at Jackson's mercy here duats Send a private message to duats Oct 22 2010, 6:28am
            Agreed on all points Growlithe the Grey Send a private message to Growlithe the Grey Oct 22 2010, 6:44am
            I recognise... Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Oct 22 2010, 9:26am
            Totally agree with you duats! // Eruthurin Send a private message to Eruthurin Oct 22 2010, 1:41pm
                ????????? Legolas Greenleaf Send a private message to Legolas Greenleaf Nov 5 2010, 12:01pm
            This is the first I've heard of Bill Nighy sphdle1 Send a private message to sphdle1 Oct 25 2010, 4:07pm
                Bill Nighy phredegar Send a private message to phredegar Nov 2 2010, 1:59pm
        Elijah Wood's Accent Junesong Send a private message to Junesong Oct 22 2010, 5:35pm
            I thought Sean Astin's accent was quite good Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 22 2010, 5:36pm
                Agreed. It's one of the things that really helps me believe in his performance. The Party Tree Send a private message to The Party Tree Oct 22 2010, 10:40pm
            you're right but Doriath Send a private message to Doriath Oct 22 2010, 6:15pm
                Well, he based Middle-earth upon England really // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Oct 22 2010, 6:27pm
                    The Shire is definitely based on England Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 22 2010, 6:35pm
                    and Doriath Send a private message to Doriath Oct 22 2010, 6:38pm
                        Doriath rolls a 20. Well reasoned! // SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Oct 22 2010, 6:55pm
                            Heh Doriath Send a private message to Doriath Oct 22 2010, 7:07pm
                    I'm not expert on accents but overlithe64 Send a private message to overlithe64 Oct 25 2010, 2:19pm
            I had no problem with Elijah's accent... Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Oct 22 2010, 6:48pm
            I'm from the UK and Elijah's accent was perfect in my opinion Halcyon Send a private message to Halcyon Nov 2 2010, 7:12pm
                Really? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 2 2010, 7:44pm
                    I'm from Manchester, UK and I can't hear he's american. Halcyon Send a private message to Halcyon Nov 2 2010, 8:07pm
                        Fair enough... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 2 2010, 8:09pm
                            This is like watching tennis... Tim Send a private message to Tim Nov 2 2010, 8:12pm
                                Sorry, Tim! ;-) // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 2 2010, 8:13pm
                                    Aww, nah I wasn't complaining. ;-) // Tim Send a private message to Tim Nov 2 2010, 8:14pm
                            Sometimes yes, Twit Send a private message to Twit Nov 5 2010, 5:23pm
                                I thought Sam was supposed to sound Irish Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Nov 5 2010, 5:42pm
                                    Really? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 5 2010, 6:11pm
                                        yes Twit Send a private message to Twit Nov 5 2010, 6:37pm
                                        But what do I know? Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Nov 5 2010, 9:49pm
                                            Sorry, I wasn't meaning to insult you dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 5 2010, 10:48pm
                                                No offense taken Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Nov 6 2010, 3:42am
                                                    Ah - not that West country! ;-) dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 6 2010, 8:17am
                                                        Variety in the West Country? Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Nov 6 2010, 6:15pm
                                                            Yes..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 6 2010, 6:29pm
                                                                He's probably worked on that accent. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Nov 6 2010, 9:06pm
                                                RE: Dormouse Ref Send a private message to Ref Nov 6 2010, 11:51pm
                                                    From IMDB: Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Nov 7 2010, 12:15am
                                                        RE: Elizabeth Ref Send a private message to Ref Nov 7 2010, 12:44am
                                                    Oops... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 7 2010, 12:17am
    And I must say Doriath Send a private message to Doriath Oct 22 2010, 6:32am
        I can't help duats Send a private message to duats Oct 22 2010, 6:39am
            Exactly! // Patty Send a private message to Patty Oct 22 2010, 3:40pm
    Big congrats to all the announced cast members Garfeimao Send a private message to Garfeimao Oct 22 2010, 7:03am
        welcome flodwyns Send a private message to flodwyns Nov 6 2010, 11:20am
        Cate Blanchett ?? mulubinba Send a private message to mulubinba Nov 9 2010, 4:34am
            Very likely. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Nov 9 2010, 8:10am
                I've just found this comment from Cate Blanchett.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 9 2010, 6:11pm
                    That's amazing :) R4W13Y Send a private message to R4W13Y Nov 9 2010, 6:19pm
                        Speaking of Ian rings7 Send a private message to rings7 Nov 11 2010, 9:24pm
                    Thanks so much Dormouse. Patty Send a private message to Patty Nov 9 2010, 6:33pm
                    I think this all but confirms Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Nov 9 2010, 7:19pm
                        Message from her agent, perhaps..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 9 2010, 7:42pm
                            Wonder TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 9 2010, 9:01pm
                                How about Hermi and the Bumble Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 9 2010, 11:01pm
                                    ???? TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 10 2010, 12:27am
                                Galadriel... sticklebat Send a private message to sticklebat Nov 19 2010, 12:25pm
    Oh, and if you're listening Smaug Doriath Send a private message to Doriath Oct 22 2010, 7:11am
        Visit this link duats Send a private message to duats Oct 22 2010, 7:32am
    Great calls in general macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Oct 22 2010, 8:24am
        Agree! ShyElf Send a private message to ShyElf Oct 22 2010, 12:28pm
        I find it very interesting that Balin hasn't been cast yet Kyriel Send a private message to Kyriel Oct 23 2010, 4:49pm
            He'll be cast soon Tim Send a private message to Tim Oct 23 2010, 4:51pm
            Yeah, Kyriel, I am pretty sure he will be in there... Patty Send a private message to Patty Oct 23 2010, 4:54pm
        Beorn geoboy Send a private message to geoboy Nov 2 2010, 3:26pm
            Absolutely! ;-) dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 2 2010, 4:11pm
    Casting FrodoEyes Send a private message to FrodoEyes Oct 22 2010, 8:34am
    Some fantastic news for a change!!! Bexlin Send a private message to Bexlin Oct 22 2010, 8:52am
    Roles yet to be announced? macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Oct 22 2010, 10:33am
        Cameo idea The Party Tree Send a private message to The Party Tree Oct 22 2010, 1:34pm
            Seriously rings7 Send a private message to rings7 Oct 22 2010, 1:38pm
        I hope we can assume Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 22 2010, 2:37pm
            Balin...Thrain ? Daisy Gold Send a private message to Daisy Gold Oct 22 2010, 3:05pm
                James Nesbitt Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 25 2010, 5:27pm
            I hope so too... mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Oct 31 2010, 11:52am
                Wouldn't Aragorn Be 50 years Younger TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Oct 31 2010, 9:28pm
                    Where does it say Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 31 2010, 10:04pm
                        Minus TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Oct 31 2010, 10:20pm
                            My mistake Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 31 2010, 10:35pm
                        Bard has to be youngish... Destrier Send a private message to Destrier Nov 1 2010, 3:27pm
                            Doesn't Bard TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 1 2010, 11:45pm
                            WOW Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Nov 2 2010, 5:37am
                                Ron ... Hellmistress Send a private message to Hellmistress Nov 2 2010, 7:32am
                                    Rumors Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Nov 5 2010, 6:06am
                                        I really hope this doesn't end up being the case duats Send a private message to duats Nov 5 2010, 6:12am
                            a possible Bard.... flodwyns Send a private message to flodwyns Nov 6 2010, 8:03am
                                Never heard of him Garfeimao Send a private message to Garfeimao Nov 7 2010, 10:08pm
        Macfalk, possibly Drogo as well... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 22 2010, 7:42pm
            The Necromancer Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 22 2010, 7:45pm
                ^^ Yeah, that would be fantastic! Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 22 2010, 7:52pm
        Tom Waits phredegar Send a private message to phredegar Oct 25 2010, 8:02am
            I have been campaigning for Tom Waits, Nick Frost, and Simon Pegg as dwarves.// Owain Send a private message to Owain Oct 27 2010, 7:44pm
                I wonder if PJ will use Thomas Kretschmann in some role...voice? Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 28 2010, 9:26pm
                    Hmmm. I really like him a lot. He was also in The Pianist... Owain Send a private message to Owain Oct 28 2010, 9:27pm
                        Another actor who was in The Pianist and King Kong Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 29 2010, 10:32am
        Sir Ian McKellen mulubinba Send a private message to mulubinba Nov 2 2010, 9:01am
            McKellen: "I haven't heard anything". Not very promising. // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 2 2010, 11:23am
                Well... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 2 2010, 11:57am
                Small crumb of comfort here..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 5 2010, 11:51am
                More on Ian McKellen.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 5 2010, 3:49pm
                    Thanks for that dormouse. // Tim Send a private message to Tim Nov 5 2010, 4:40pm
    Very excited about "The Hobbit" luvgabe Send a private message to luvgabe Oct 22 2010, 10:45am
    New Here - Dumb Question Lillith Send a private message to Lillith Oct 22 2010, 12:29pm
        Putting My Trust in Peter Jackson Lillith Send a private message to Lillith Oct 22 2010, 12:50pm
            welcome to TORn tennie75 Send a private message to tennie75 Oct 25 2010, 11:18am
    OMG!!!! Eruthurin Send a private message to Eruthurin Oct 22 2010, 1:37pm
        Another cool thing about Bill Nighy.... The Party Tree Send a private message to The Party Tree Oct 22 2010, 2:12pm
            Wooooooow!.... Eruthurin Send a private message to Eruthurin Oct 22 2010, 3:19pm
                Please tell me.... smokerings Send a private message to smokerings Oct 22 2010, 3:59pm
        Anyone Hear About Nimoy TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Oct 28 2010, 12:27am
        Thorin flodwyns Send a private message to flodwyns Nov 6 2010, 11:23am
    Great news! deej Send a private message to deej Oct 22 2010, 1:59pm
    very good Bilbo; surprising Thorin Steelsheen Send a private message to Steelsheen Oct 22 2010, 2:01pm
        VERY surprising!! Goldberry of the river Send a private message to Goldberry of the river Nov 3 2010, 9:00pm
    I'm happy. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Oct 22 2010, 2:11pm
    Wow! Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 22 2010, 2:36pm
    You wait for this day for so long, and then you just don't know what to say... _V_ Send a private message to _V_ Oct 22 2010, 2:57pm
    Haha...just came across this... Salmar Send a private message to Salmar Oct 22 2010, 4:13pm
    WHITHER BALIN ?!? carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Oct 22 2010, 11:23pm
        This is exactly what worries me too!!! feanorbg Send a private message to feanorbg Oct 23 2010, 4:54pm
            not exactly carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Oct 23 2010, 8:57pm
        Balin Aiglos Send a private message to Aiglos Oct 27 2010, 7:23pm
    I am one happy hobbit right now! KateTheHobbit Send a private message to KateTheHobbit Oct 23 2010, 1:04am
    5 hours carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Oct 24 2010, 11:13pm
        Yes Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 24 2010, 11:26pm
        I'm quite sure Tim Send a private message to Tim Oct 25 2010, 12:56am
            Nonsense... Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 25 2010, 12:59am
            The more I think about it duats Send a private message to duats Oct 25 2010, 1:00am
                Me too.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 25 2010, 8:13am
        It's likely... R11 Send a private message to R11 Oct 25 2010, 6:20pm
    I watched Martin Freeman's performance as Dr. Watson... Owain Send a private message to Owain Oct 25 2010, 7:48am
    Alan Howard (voice of the ring) is still the best choice for Smaug! // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Oct 25 2010, 4:21pm
        I'd prefer him to voice the Necromancer. // Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Oct 25 2010, 4:24pm
    Fili and Kili Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 25 2010, 5:33pm
        Never mind Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 25 2010, 5:51pm
    Great snippet/interview of Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson... Owain Send a private message to Owain Oct 26 2010, 8:25am
    Meet Bombur QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Oct 28 2010, 10:33am
    Interview with Mark Hadlow Destrier Send a private message to Destrier Oct 28 2010, 3:14pm
        clickable dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 28 2010, 3:32pm
        Thanks so much!! R4W13Y Send a private message to R4W13Y Oct 28 2010, 6:02pm
        I like him! Calafalas Send a private message to Calafalas Oct 28 2010, 6:15pm
    Andy Serkis on Hobbit staying in NZ macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Oct 28 2010, 6:11pm
    The new EW is on stands now duats Send a private message to duats Oct 28 2010, 8:38pm
    Freeman is absolutely the best choice. Daeorn Aldalómë Send a private message to Daeorn Aldalómë Oct 29 2010, 4:51pm
        Welcome back! Nice to see you here again. // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Oct 29 2010, 4:58pm
            Anyone concerned duats Send a private message to duats Oct 30 2010, 8:00pm
                I always Wondered TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Oct 31 2010, 1:00am
            Yeah, all this excitement for The Hobbit... Daeorn Aldalómë Send a private message to Daeorn Aldalómë Nov 13 2010, 5:15pm
    Yay for Richard! LuthienBono Send a private message to LuthienBono Nov 1 2010, 7:12am
        What ABout Nimoy TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 1 2010, 2:17pm
        He's a great actor duats Send a private message to duats Nov 1 2010, 11:41pm
            They can easily make a 20-30s age actor look older Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 1 2010, 11:57pm
    Thanks for this list - so are all of "The Doctor" names I've been hearing just rumors still? SteveDJ Send a private message to SteveDJ Nov 2 2010, 6:56pm
        Sylvester McCoy has been "cast but not signed" Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Nov 4 2010, 12:17am
    We have a winner... sticklebat Send a private message to sticklebat Nov 3 2010, 7:03pm
        RE: Sticklebat Ref Send a private message to Ref Nov 4 2010, 6:40pm
            Armitage... sticklebat Send a private message to sticklebat Nov 5 2010, 11:04pm
        Dwarven stamina Garfeimao Send a private message to Garfeimao Nov 4 2010, 6:51pm
            Good point... Owain Send a private message to Owain Nov 4 2010, 9:00pm
        Richard Armitage as Bard... flodwyns Send a private message to flodwyns Nov 6 2010, 11:40am
    Some of the roles will have very few lines, other than muttering Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Nov 3 2010, 9:07pm
    nightmare amanda Send a private message to amanda Nov 5 2010, 9:32am
    I have a hunch duats Send a private message to duats Nov 9 2010, 6:17am
    IMBD has removed the "rumoured" status on Cate Blanchett macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 10 2010, 11:10am
        It's IMDb duats Send a private message to duats Nov 10 2010, 6:23pm
        I think we can add macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 8 2011, 4:39pm
            wood merlwynd Send a private message to merlwynd Jan 9 2011, 5:25am
    casting Cagliostro Send a private message to Cagliostro Nov 30 2010, 4:34pm
    *Sigh* duats Send a private message to duats Dec 2 2010, 11:32pm
        Expectations JWPlatt Dec 3 2010, 12:42am
    McKellen duats Send a private message to duats Jan 11 2011, 12:34am
    We are about two weeks from the start of filming and key roles Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 3 2011, 10:04pm
        Which key roles? // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 3 2011, 10:10pm
            Bard, Thranduil, Goblin King, Smaug's voice, Mayor of Laketown Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 3 2011, 10:21pm
        It depends duats Send a private message to duats Feb 3 2011, 10:20pm
            But, we know PJ usually shoots out of sequence.... Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Feb 3 2011, 10:22pm
                but at least in general Oiotári Send a private message to Oiotári Feb 3 2011, 10:23pm
                Well duats Send a private message to duats Feb 3 2011, 10:24pm
                    It does not necessarily have anything to do with when an actor is appearing BlueMan Send a private message to BlueMan Feb 4 2011, 12:32am
                        The shooting schedule also depends upon other factors. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 14 2011, 7:45pm
                    I still think duats Send a private message to duats Feb 13 2011, 4:21am
        I assume that PJ's children, now probably teenagers, will have Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Mar 21 2011, 9:23pm
    Casting left for Film One duats Send a private message to duats Mar 23 2011, 5:55am
        cast list CrazedHobbit Send a private message to CrazedHobbit Apr 16 2011, 2:47pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.