Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Press Release from New Line/Warner Bros.: OSCAR WINNER PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT "THE HOBBIT" IN TWO INSTALLMENTS
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 15 2010, 9:03pm

Post #1 of 134 (3566 views)
Shortcut
Press Release from New Line/Warner Bros.: OSCAR WINNER PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT "THE HOBBIT" IN TWO INSTALLMENTS Can't Post

OSCAR WINNER PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT "THE HOBBIT" IN TWO INSTALLMENTS
Peter Jackson Set to Direct J.R.R Tolkien's "The Hobbit" In a Two-Part 3D Production of Extraordinary Scope

(Los Angeles, October 15, 2010) The two films based on "The Hobbit" are now greenlit and will begin principal photography in February 2011, under the direction of Peter Jackson, it was jointly announced today by Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Operating Officer, New Line Cinema, Alan Horn, President and Chief Operating Officer, Warner Bros. and Steve Cooper, co-Chief Executive Officer of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc..

"Exploring Tolkien's Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience" Jackson says, "It's an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We're looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM".

"Peter is a filmmaker of incomparable ability; having him return to Middle-earth to produce and direct is a dream come true. A true original, Peter is a gifted story-teller, visionary director and pioneer in film technology," said Emmerich. "Reuniting with Peter, Fran and Philippa truly makes it feel like we are going 'there and back again'."

"There is no human being on the planet as qualified as Peter Jackson to direct these films," said Horn. "Peter is incredibly talented and has the creative vision and experience to bring this beloved property to life in a way that no other filmmaker could. And the team of Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens has proven through their work on the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy that no one is more skilled at transforming Tolkien's written words into a vibrant, living language that makes the audience believe they are not merely visiting Middle-earth, but actually living in it. We couldn't be more thrilled and look forward to seeing "The Hobbit" take shape under Peter's stewardship and the team he is putting together."

"MGM is excited to move forward and add to the successful 'Lord of the Rings' franchise," said Cooper. "Under Peter's direction, the films will undoubtedly appeal to fans of the original 'LOTR' trilogy and also bring the stories to a new generation of fans."

Jackson, who directed all three "Lord of the Rings" films, will helm the two films back-to-back, telling the story of "The Hobbit" in two parts. Jackson will utilize groundbreaking visual effects and his incomparable story-telling to bring J.R.R. Tolkien's novel to the big screen. Both Hobbit movies will be filmed in Digital 3-D, using the latest camera and stereo technology to create a high quality, comfortable viewing experience. Jackson also co-wrote the screenplays with Fran Walsh, Phillipa Boyens and Guillermo del Toro.

"The Hobbit" is being co-produced by New Line Cinema and MGM, with New Line managing production, Warner Bros Pictures handling domestic distribution and MGM distributing internationally. Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Carolynne Cunningham are producing the films, with Phillipa Boyens as co-producer and Ken Kamins as executive producer.

The Oscar-winning, critically acclaimed LOTR trilogy grossed nearly $3 billion worldwide at the box office. In 2003, "Return of the King" swept the Academy Awards, winning all of the 11 categories in which it was nominated, including Best Picture - the first ever Best Picture win for a fantasy film. The trilogy's production was also unprecedented at the time.

ABOUT NEW LINE CINEMA:
New Line Cinema continues to be one of the most successful independent film companies. For more than 40 years, its mission has been to produce innovative, popular, profitable entertainment in the best creative environment. A pioneer in franchise filmmaking, New Line produced the Oscar®-winning "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, which is a landmark in the history of film franchises. New Line Cinema is a division of Warner Bros.

ABOUT PETER JACKSON/WINGNUT FILMS:
Peter Jackson is one of the world's most successful filmmakers. His monumental achievement co-writing, co-producing and directing The Lord of the Rings trilogy (with fellow Academy Award winners and frequent collaborators Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens) earned a total of 30 Academy Award nominations and 17 Academy Awards. Jackson and Walsh received their first Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay for their acclaimed film Heavenly Creatures. Jackson, through his New Zealand-based Wingnut Films banner, also was responsible for the globally successful 2005 remake of King Kong which earned over $500 million worldwide and 3 Academy Awards. Jackson most recently directed the Academy Award nominated The Lovely Bones; an adaptation of the acclaimed best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, which to date has earned nearly $100 million worldwide; and produced the global sensation, District 9, which received an Academy Award nomination for Best Picture. He is also developing a trilogy of films with Steven Spielberg based on Tintin, the world renowned comic book series by Herge. In 2010 he received a Knighthood for his services to film.

ABOUT METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS INC.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, interactive media, music, and licensed merchandise. The company owns the world's largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC, MGM ON STAGE, MGM Music, MGM Consumer Products and MGM Interactive. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries. For more information, visit www.mgm.com.

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Oct 16 2010, 4:39am)

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Oct 16 2010, 2:16am

Post #2 of 134 (1521 views)
Shortcut
THANK GOD!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

YES!!!SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile Finally!

Photobucket

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2010, 2:17am

Post #3 of 134 (1579 views)
Shortcut
"In a hole in a ground..." [In reply to] Can't Post

Fantastic news! This is what I needed to end the day. Looking forward to the coming months and seeing what Pete and Co. will bring us this time. Smile

"Welcome. Wilkommen to Kino Das Bang Bang Boom Boom 1970 Gjong Hai Ich Habe Diese Nacht Wilkommen, 2004."

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 16 2010, 2:29am

Post #4 of 134 (1572 views)
Shortcut
WHERE... [In reply to] Can't Post

IS IT GOING TO BE FILMED, DANGIT?!?! (and yes, I am "screaming" in caps)...

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ME, UNTIL IT IS CONFIRMED THAT THE HOBBIT IS BEING FILMED 100% in NZ (WELL, ACTUALLY ALMOST 100%, WITH ANY OF CHRISTOPHER LEE"S WORK IN ENGLAND BEING THE EXCEPTION, IF HE IS ONBOARD IN AnY WAY.)

The absence of a location spot in this press release is conspicuous, given current events. COULDN'T YOU FOLKS AT THE STUDIOS WAIT JUST ANOTHER WEEK TO SORT THAT OUT BEFORE DUMPING THIS ON US? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO ANNOUNCE NOW? I could easily have waited another week... and what would it have cost you? Nothing.

ARE WE BEING PREPARED FOR A HEARTBREAKING DISAPPOINTMENT HERE?? A spoonful of sugar, to make the bitter go down sweet? Well, I'm not having it, and I hope you haven't used Peter in any way, to get YOUR way......I'm waiting for HIS word on this all-important subject.

After 6 yrs of heartbreak, excuse this fan if she is not exactly jumping up and down for joy... I'm not fooled so easily.

*out*

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 16 2010, 2:37am)

Lindele
Gondor

Oct 16 2010, 2:47am

Post #5 of 134 (1497 views)
Shortcut
I completely understand [In reply to] Can't Post

where you are coming from. If The Hobbit wasn't created in NZ it would be bitterly heartbreaking. However, today is a milestone. We fans have suffered so much over the last 7 years, wondering and fearing for this project. Today we received the second best news imaginable. THAT IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AND PJ IS DIRECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! We must be thankful!!!!! True, hearing it will also film in NZ would be the BEST possible news. But this is pretty @%#&$ good!!!!!!!!!! We've gotta take what we can get and we are already getting close to the best! THANK YOU theonering.net for all of your help and faithful support of this project!!! You will always be my number one source for everything Tolkien/Jackson!!!!!! Go Wingnut!!! Go New Line! Go WB and MGM!!!! You guys are about to make history!!!!...again!!!!!!!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Oct 16 2010, 2:52am

Post #6 of 134 (1447 views)
Shortcut
YES!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

~TORnado Babies 2009~ ~TORnado Babies 2010~ ~10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's~ ~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal~
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Owain
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2010, 2:59am

Post #7 of 134 (1344 views)
Shortcut
This is great news! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations to Peter Jackson and his team. Best of luck to New Zealand as the choice for filming location.Smile

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2010, 3:02am

Post #8 of 134 (1390 views)
Shortcut
COWABUNGA! *does cannonball* [In reply to] Can't Post

That was me doing a celebratory leap into the Long Lake.Cool

Where's Frodo?

Solos
The Shire

Oct 16 2010, 3:46am

Post #9 of 134 (1415 views)
Shortcut
There are no words.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing can express the joy flowing through me right now!!! I couldn't care less about 3D and I do hope it's shot in NZ, but as long as I get to be transported back into the world of Middle-Earth who cares!!!SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

rings7
Rohan

Oct 16 2010, 3:47am

Post #10 of 134 (1330 views)
Shortcut
FINALLY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

LOVE IT!!!

TolkienOtaku
Rivendell

Oct 16 2010, 3:49am

Post #11 of 134 (1323 views)
Shortcut
I must share this news with the world! [In reply to] Can't Post

*runs off to the Tolkien fashion thread on Gaia Online*

So many are still waiting for their new beginning. Their birth by sleep. Even me, and even you.

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Oct 16 2010, 3:57am

Post #12 of 134 (1328 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

NOW WE ARE IN A NEW GROUND! FINALLY... CONGRATS TO SIR. PETER JACKSON, HIS WHOLE TEAM and TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 16 2010, 4:16am

Post #13 of 134 (1382 views)
Shortcut
And I completely understand... [In reply to] Can't Post

where you and everyone else is coming from, but I can't help but feel that we are being very cleverly manipulated like slavering Pavlov dogs here.

How quickly our dances of joy will turns to howls of shock and outrage (or many of us, anyway, if not everybody,..but certainly a LOT of folks would be less than happy) if WB followed this announcement with a change of location. (whether planned all along or not. They'd want to wait a discreet week untilall the globe had hads time to absorb this..then the clock will be ticking on Peter.

Someone mentioned that they picked up from the press release that WB never intended to have anyone else other than Peter direct. And the more I read the release, the more I am bothered by this. They could have tossed the man a feeble bleating bone, Alan Horn offering up something like this: "While we appreciate all the time and effort Guillermo piut into this project during his two years spent in NZ..." etc. But no, instead he is ceremoniously tossed into the dustbin of history, with only sa fleeting mention.

This is even more jarring in light of the fact that Del Toro's latest project, a film he was producing called "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark," has been suddenly and very unceremoniouly dumped by Disney at the very literal; eve of when that studio was due to begin marketing it. G has been devestated by this, and has made no attempt to hide it. The film is now stuck in limbo pending the sale of Mirimax.

So between that and this lovely press release, it's a glorious two-fingered salute--one finger per hand, one hand for each studio---to Guillermo Del Toro.

They'd never do things like that to Peter Jackson--or maybe they are in the process of doing it.

I can only hope that the premature release of this official greenlight was done with Peter's willing, *uncoerced* permission, either as a sign that the union dispute is indeed on the verge of resolvement, or last-ditch as a way of pressuring the unions to get their act together NOW...and not asa sign of defeat from him that the production is indeed moving on to other places, and they're using our ecsastic response as a way of blackmailing him to "accept the inevitable."

"Everything is set to go, and the fans are eager. Come on, Peter, no use in not being a gentleman and a team player. You wouldn't want to let your fans down, now would you?"

There is a certain film I am thinking of now, reading this, a film I am going to watch...and it is not Lord of the Rings. Nor is it anyhting of Del Toro's. ..

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 16 2010, 4:24am)

Eldameldo
Bree

Oct 16 2010, 4:17am

Post #14 of 134 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Doing the happy Hobbit dance!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best news ever! Need a glass of wine to celebrate!
Cool

verityfate
The Shire

Oct 16 2010, 4:29am

Post #15 of 134 (1316 views)
Shortcut
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS [In reply to] Can't Post

no words. no words whatsoever.

I can't wait to be watch everything unfold, as I was too young for LotR.

*crosses fingers for nz location*

duats
Grey Havens

Oct 16 2010, 4:31am

Post #16 of 134 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Someone mentioned that they picked up from the press release that WB never intended to have anyone else other than Peter direct. And the more I read the release, the more I am bothered by this. They could have tossed the man a feeble bleating bone, Alan Horn offering up something like this: "While we appreciate all the time and effort Guillermo piut into this project during his two years spent in NZ..." etc. But no, instead he is ceremoniously tossed into the dustbin of history, with only sa fleeting mention.

I mentioned this in another thread. While I am happy about the greenlight, certain comments from the execs bothered me. Especially the one where they said Jackson was the only man for the job. Did they forget that they had an Academy-Award-nominated director working on this project for two years? It's like Del Toro was never even on board at all.

I was ecstatic when Del Toro was signed. When Jackson said he wouldn't be returning to the director's chair, Del Toro was who I wanted. The man is a master of his craft, and has a truly unique eye for fantasy. It was a marriage made in heaven, as far as I was concerned. So people will have to pardon me for being so troubled by this. I understand PJ delivered a financially and critically successful trilogy. But give GDT his due credit, please.

(This post was edited by duats on Oct 16 2010, 4:34am)

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 16 2010, 4:46am

Post #17 of 134 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

And so you get the feeling now that maybe just as they wanted the "blockbuster franchise guy" for the job, (as opposed to the other Oscar-winner director) adn were willing to (perhaps) manipulate the chips--and oh so patiently, for years--tighening the thumbscrews on Del Toro, perhaps, to pressure him into quitting---even willing to go to the lengths of pulling him off a *Stepehn Spielberg collaberation*--they knew full well the possibilty of a schedule conflict?

Perhaps they foget the example of Irvin Kershner. But that's right, it took over a decade for TESB to be properly appreciated by fans and critics.

So who';s to say, then, that Kangi isn'r right and they've had a non-NZ scenario in the works all along, b/c if the production stays in NZ it will give Peter too much power and control over the production? We've seen he has already lost 2 key battles: the 3D battle, and let's not forget, he had no input whatsover on the LOTR theatrical Blu-Ray release.

What other compromises in quality and control is Peter going to be forced to make (and we fans accept)?

Think about it: they'd want to cut himn down to size. No lawsuits against *WB* for "studio accounting" for TH!

*Ph boy..I must leave before I jump the gun, reveal the film I am watching, and speak my true thoughts....but glad to see there is another healthy skeptic here. We can hang out here and wait for the other shoe to drop....while the (hopefully not misguided) party goes on.

I am hoping the news will be decent. I cannot say "good" b/c too much has been lost already, at the cost of so much heartbreak for so many talwnted people, Some of whiom would have joined us at the boards on TORN. One or two still might, if they are involved...

I had better turn back to what I am watching now, and continie to write the essay that is pending TORN in my head. It's been brewing for a week now...

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 16 2010, 4:51am)

Lindele
Gondor

Oct 16 2010, 4:51am

Post #18 of 134 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was not insinuating that I don't appreciate del toro. like you, I was ecstatic when he was the first choice when Jackson didn't want the job. Of course I always wanted Jackson the most, in the back of my mind.
When stating your concern about the studio execs comments about always wanting Jackson, You must remember that Del Toro was on board long before alot of those execs were around. Back before MGM went bankrupt. When WB took over, I am sure that they would have prefered a bigger name than Del Toro to lead this $500 million project. Of course his films are good, and popular, but they have nowhere near the draw that Jacksons films do. Studios like big names when dishing out big money.
If Del Toro was secretly booted, then I am sorry. That would be unfair. But I don't believe that. I think he needed to move on from a potentially stale project. And that tells me he wasn't the man for the job. PJ and team has Tolkiens work imbedded deep into their hearts, and they needed to see this through. They have invested so much into this world, and have diligently been there for the fans. This was always meant to be their project, and legacy.
If The Hobbit production moves away from NZ, I will cry for at least a week. But I will find comfort in knowing that whatever happens, Wingnut films is in control, and I know I can trust them. And boy have they earned that trust.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2010, 5:00am

Post #19 of 134 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Another perspective - I don't see this as much Pavlovian conditioning but more Public Relations... [In reply to] Can't Post

for a film mired in negativity. Perhaps the studio is getting behind it's writer/producer that is now the director. He is the only one that has been there and will now seemingly, go back again.

Don't misunderstand - I hope that Guillermo Del Toro will receive his due. He will be credited as a co-writer. It remains to be seen how much of his work will survive and make it's way into the final films.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Oct 16 2010, 5:03am

Post #20 of 134 (1350 views)
Shortcut
Hey Sunny [In reply to] Can't Post

have you seen this report, from the LA Times

'The Hobbit' finally escapes the trolls

Found this little bit interesting
Smile

Production on the first film starts in February in New Zealand (again, pending that labor issue). The second gets shot right after, or even overlaps a little with it, and the movies would hit theaters in December of 2012 and 2013.

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

~TORnado Babies 2009~ ~TORnado Babies 2010~ ~10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's~ ~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal~
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

duats
Grey Havens

Oct 16 2010, 5:03am

Post #21 of 134 (1323 views)
Shortcut
Final thoughts on GDT [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But I don't believe that. I think he needed to move on from a potentially stale project. And that tells me he wasn't the man for the job. PJ and team has Tolkiens work imbedded deep into their hearts, and they needed to see this through. They have invested so much into this world, and have diligently been there for the fans. This was always meant to be their project, and legacy.

I don't mean to turn this into a GDT-PJ debate, so this will be my last post on the issue.

I remember back when Del Toro signed, he and PJ held an online chatroom where they answered questions concerning The Hobbit. I remember reading GDT's comments, and seeing how committed and focused he was on this project. Just hearing him discuss the thematic aspects of Bilbo's journey left no doubt in my mind that he "got" it. He was even going to include the talking animals, and show off more of Gandalf's magical nature. I'm sure TORN has a transcript of chat somewhere. If you haven't read it, I strongly encourage it.

At the end of the day, the man put his other projects on the back-burner, relocated across the world, and poured two years of his life into developing these movies. If that doesn't show committment and passion for Tolkien's work, I don't know what does.

(This post was edited by duats on Oct 16 2010, 5:07am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2010, 5:06am

Post #22 of 134 (1364 views)
Shortcut
Since when [In reply to] Can't Post

has an official studio announcement of a film/director ever been less than glowing, even for films doomed from the beginning, that turned out to be bonafide turkeys? GDT has been out of the project for months now (an absolute eternity in studio-time), and it's not the Hollywood way to acknowledge anything other than the present moment, or that they ever meant to do anything other than they're doing now. Of course, we love GDT and we acknowledge him, but I'm not at all surprised the suits want to pretend than none of the near-disasters of the past few years ever happened. Put on the big happy face and smile for the camera everyone! Tongue

Honestly, they probably always did want PJ to direct. So did most fans, including a large number of regulars here at TORN, if you remember. If you don't remember, do a search here on the boards and see how many posts there were, ranting and wailing that if PJ wasn't directing the movies they wouldn't be worth watching. When he announced he wasn't going to, many people were very upset, even to the verge of panic. It took a while for a lot of people to get used to the idea of GDT. And once we got used to the idea and got to know him, most of us were very happy again. And then we lost him, and we were very sad. Again. And now we're readjusting to what we originally wanted. And most of us will be happy. Again.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Oct 16 2010, 5:07am)

duats
Grey Havens

Oct 16 2010, 5:11am

Post #23 of 134 (1377 views)
Shortcut
As far as the 3D issue goes [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt they forced Jackson to do it. Remember, the suits wanted Jackson for the directing job. Jackson was content to give it to someone else. If he was 100% against filming in 3D, I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to it. I doubt the studios would risk him walking away.

We've come a long way since 2008, when Jackson and Del Toro said "no" to 3d outright. Since then, Weta stunned the world with its 3D work on Avatar, and it is currently working away on a 3D Tintin film. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson saw the work they've been doing on Tintin and started warming up to the idea.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2010, 5:12am

Post #24 of 134 (1312 views)
Shortcut
It does show commitment... [In reply to] Can't Post

but he walked away - reluctantly and with great personal pain - of his own volition. I am a huge fan of GDT and was very sad to see him go. But I am also a Peter Jackson fan and admire his tenacity and endurance to stick with the project no matter how tough it got. I understand why GDT moved on and it is probably for the better. Hopefully GDT will be able to have many prosperous projects in his future.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2010, 5:16am

Post #25 of 134 (1333 views)
Shortcut
I think a lot of this is PR-talk [In reply to] Can't Post

The studios are gushing about the current production team to make the announcement as positive as possible. It's not that they don't appreciate Guillermo, but they want to avoid any less-than-great news. If the press release mentions Guillermo, it also has to go in to the history of him leaving the film. Why taint the announcement?

sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.