Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ian McKellen 'The aim is to start filming in January'

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 11 2010, 7:14am

Post #1 of 22 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Ian McKellen 'The aim is to start filming in January' Can't Post

Ringer Kookie sends us this link to The Bolton News where Ian McKellen was promoting a new project, but also spoke briefly on The Hobbit films. Everyone's favorite Gandalf confirms recent reports that the planned start of filming is January 2011.
FILMING on The Hobbit, the long-awaited prequel to The Lord of the Rings, should start in the new year, according to former Bolton School boy Sir Ian McKellen.

“The aim is to start filming in January,” he said.

Learn more about his new project through the following link. [Read More]

Ruijor
Rohan

Sep 11 2010, 12:45pm

Post #2 of 22 (742 views)
Shortcut
We shall see about that my dear Gandalf, we shall see... [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing it to believe it is the motto nowadays...Tongue

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 11 2010, 12:48pm

Post #3 of 22 (751 views)
Shortcut
I don't know why, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I have a feeling he's gonna be right this time. We'll see though Cool

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Sep 11 2010, 12:49pm

Post #4 of 22 (765 views)
Shortcut
That's what he told me months ago... [In reply to] Can't Post

...And what I was told in June. I passed the message on to the board! Shooting begins in New Zealand summertime.

So how is this news? Unless I'm being ignored!? TongueBlushFrown

(This post was edited by Bond-Of-Blood on Sep 11 2010, 12:53pm)

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 11 2010, 12:56pm

Post #5 of 22 (732 views)
Shortcut
January in Hobbiton. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have asked the US Defense Department to reposition a satellite for good spy shots.

Kangi Ska

Make the Hobbit Happen Now!

Photobucket

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2010, 1:00pm

Post #6 of 22 (680 views)
Shortcut
Do I dare hope? [In reply to] Can't Post

I really want to believe this...and January would (weather-wise) be a great time to start shooting in New Zealand...

TEAM MARTIN!

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2010, 1:02pm

Post #7 of 22 (743 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry BoB [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember you saying it and I believed you. Laugh

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

Tim: No I don't talk about my love life for a very good reason, and that reason is I don't have one. Which is very good news for the ladies-I am still available. I'm a heck of a catch, cos, er well look at it. I live in Slough, in a lovely house, with my parents. I have my own room, which I've had since yep, since I was born. That's seen a lot of action I tell you. Mainly dusting. I went to university for a year as well, before I dropped out, so I'm a quitter. So, er, form an orderly queue ladies.

Rogash
Bree

Sep 11 2010, 1:11pm

Post #8 of 22 (751 views)
Shortcut
If it is true... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that's great ! Cool
But what about Peter Jackson decision? The rumor on Blomkamp is probably wrong,he has a project called ''Elysium'' ?

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Sep 11 2010, 1:14pm

Post #9 of 22 (783 views)
Shortcut
See my comments on Blomkamp thread. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...that's great ! Cool
But what about Peter Jackson decision? The rumor on Blomkamp is probably wrong,he has a project called ''Elysium'' ?

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Sep 11 2010, 3:26pm

Post #10 of 22 (663 views)
Shortcut
We won't really know if it's true... [In reply to] Can't Post

...until these signs start popping up all over New Zealand. Smile

Photobucket

Pre-Pre-production goes ever on and on...

Rogash
Bree

Sep 11 2010, 5:33pm

Post #11 of 22 (656 views)
Shortcut
''Neill Blomkamp directing Elysium but not The Hobbit'' [In reply to] Can't Post

''
OK, first up, no great surprise that when Neill Blomkamps representatives finally spoke up about the rumor that he would direct The Hobbit, their response was, uh, no.
At the end of last week a report from The One Ring, firmly characterized even there as rumor, suggested that Blomkamp was the choice to direct The Hobbit. Easy to see where that would come from, given his prior experience working with Peter Jackson on District 9. But Vulture talked to an insider from Blomkamps agency, WME, who said that he isnt directing and hasnt even been contacted.
But the more interesting news to come out of Vultures report is that the sci-fi film Blomkamp has talked about over the past year is called Elysium. A recap on details about that one after the break.
Vultures report that nixes the Blomkamp in the Shire rumor says that hes working on Elysium, an original sci-fi script of his, for Media Rights Capital.
That makes Elysium the name of the film that he mentioned back in October

Read more: Neill Blomkamps New Sci-Fi Film is Called Elysium; Reps Say He Wont Direct The Hobbit | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/...bit/#ixzz0zF9F86L4''

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2010, 5:59pm

Post #12 of 22 (617 views)
Shortcut
Neill seems to have more to gain from Elysium [In reply to] Can't Post

Not only did his camp say that they were working on Elysium, but that they were NOT part of The Hobbit. It seems to make more sense to me that Blomkamp has more to gain (personally) from working on something he's created himself rather than something PJ and GDT created. This makes it more likely in my little mind that Neill is not working on The Hobbit and that this rumor (that he is) is false.

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

Tim: No I don't talk about my love life for a very good reason, and that reason is I don't have one. Which is very good news for the ladies-I am still available. I'm a heck of a catch, cos, er well look at it. I live in Slough, in a lovely house, with my parents. I have my own room, which I've had since yep, since I was born. That's seen a lot of action I tell you. Mainly dusting. I went to university for a year as well, before I dropped out, so I'm a quitter. So, er, form an orderly queue ladies.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 11 2010, 7:49pm

Post #13 of 22 (576 views)
Shortcut
It's not news. [In reply to] Can't Post

We heard it here first from you. Smile But the home page reports every new article that comes out, even if it only repeats what's been said a hundred times before.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

rings7
Rohan

Sep 11 2010, 11:03pm

Post #14 of 22 (566 views)
Shortcut
Ok, i'll try to believe [In reply to] Can't Post

But if this was true, like really true, i think that by now we would at least know who the heck is gonna play Bilbo.

Elven
Valinor

Sep 11 2010, 11:43pm

Post #15 of 22 (606 views)
Shortcut
If thats the case then Sir Ian... [In reply to] Can't Post

should be pleased.
Dont want to loose our favourite wizard, do we Cool

merlwynd
Rivendell

Sep 12 2010, 10:58am

Post #16 of 22 (542 views)
Shortcut
a little faith [In reply to] Can't Post

have a little faith people....listen to Bob - hes a man in the know!
As a wise man once said - 'be cool'!Cool

MERLWYND

jschomburg
Rivendell

Sep 12 2010, 5:13pm

Post #17 of 22 (555 views)
Shortcut
I'll be looking for photo's of the "Warning" sings in NZ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Those would be great for the scrapbook.

phredegar
Bree

Sep 13 2010, 10:20am

Post #18 of 22 (439 views)
Shortcut
Heyyy... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, no - your insistence on staying cool has just started this up in my sad mind...

Arthur Fonzarelli...Gandalf
Richie Cunningham...Bilbo
Arnold...Thorin
Ralph Malph, Potsie, Laverne & Shirley et al ...Dwarves
Chachi and Joanie...Fili/Kili
Mr Cunningham...Gloin

...sorry...

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 13 2010, 11:04am

Post #19 of 22 (476 views)
Shortcut
Not that cool! ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18 2010, 2:02am

Post #20 of 22 (284 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle-hugs Ian M* [In reply to] Can't Post

I JUST LOVE THAT MAN!!! He's so great about giving us these little tidbits of hope and encouragement! BLESS 'IM!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 18 2010, 6:05pm

Post #21 of 22 (317 views)
Shortcut
I'm not really up for flying tackling anyone.... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... knowing me, I'd miss! But I know what you mean about Ian McKellen. I'm watching the Extended Edition appendices of RotK at the moment and there are two favourite moments - in the costume section when he says they haven't invented any suitable underwear for Gandalf, and gives a sneaky wink to the camera, and the other, when he says that if he feels down he has only to think of the welcome they received before the Wellington premiere. There's so much of what made the films special for me, just in those two remarks.

Mithrandr
Lorien

Sep 20 2010, 7:22pm

Post #22 of 22 (396 views)
Shortcut
Ian mckellen [In reply to] Can't Post

my personal hero:) thanks for the info!

I'm becoming a believer again!

Social Science's biggest problem, is social science.

"The ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.