Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TheOneRing.net Podcast - Hobbit Director GDT Steps Down

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

May 31 2010, 4:01pm

Post #1 of 5 (1098 views)
Shortcut
TheOneRing.net Podcast - Hobbit Director GDT Steps Down Can't Post

With all the traffic TORn has been getting since the GDT resignation story first broke, we were not able to post this podcast in a 'hasty' manner. But now that things are a 'bit' slower, here's TORn's very own Quickbeam with reaction to the news that Guillermo del Toro has resigned from The Hobbit project.

Elven
Valinor

Jun 1 2010, 12:07am

Post #2 of 5 (572 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou Quickbeam ... [In reply to] Can't Post

A nice piece to add to the breaking news - thankyou so much.

Cheers
Elven

rings7
Rohan

Jun 1 2010, 4:13am

Post #3 of 5 (605 views)
Shortcut
Not over yet [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still not over this news. I was so looking forward seeing GTD doing the Hobbit. It was exciting to have him for this project. But i know i have to move on. Only if PJ himself steps in, or Cuaron (front runner imo) would make up for this drastic twist.Unsure

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 2 2010, 2:18am

Post #4 of 5 (552 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh... Quickbeam! Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Having you here for this and getting your insight into what it all means is so welcomed. I join you in praising GdT for his involvement with the story, the films, and with us. It was incredible every time he came in to chat, and his enthusiasm... nearly bursting at the seams... about what they were creating for us was palpable. Losing him now is such a sad shock. He's been the voice and face of this project for so long...it's hard to think of it without him. Thankfully, we seem to still have what he's brought to the films so far; and it's (I'm sure) more than a lot. I'll bet it's massive!

I'm so very happy to see you, Quickbeam... but I'm sad for the circumstance. *warm hug*

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jun 2 2010, 2:28am

Post #5 of 5 (540 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Quickbeam [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way we named our son Rowan. Your namesake had a lot to do with it.

Kangi Ska

At night one cannot tell if crows are black or white.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.