Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
TORn parents: Post pics of your kids (or grandkids, nieces/nephews, pets, whomever you'd like to share...)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 17 2007, 8:26pm

Post #1 of 34 (5162 views)
Shortcut
TORn parents: Post pics of your kids (or grandkids, nieces/nephews, pets, whomever you'd like to share...) Can't Post

Here are my two oldest from this past Christmas morning: Lucas is on the left of the photo, he turns two in a few weeks. Nicholas is on the right, he just turned three the other day:

And here is my little Joey - he's just under five months old (the pic is from when he was three months - he looks pretty much the same at the moment Angelic ):

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 17 2007, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 34 (4306 views)
Shortcut
Wow Fingon, [In reply to] Can't Post

your two oldest boys look like twins!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Patty
Immortal

Feb 17 2007, 8:32pm

Post #3 of 34 (4333 views)
Shortcut
My daughter dresses the grandkids up on Christmas Eve.. [In reply to] Can't Post

in Christmas garb. It's very cute.Smile

OnPartyBusiness

Ugly Troll
Rivendell

Feb 17 2007, 8:47pm

Post #4 of 34 (4332 views)
Shortcut
Re: TORn parents: Post pics of your kids (or grandkids, nieces/nephews, pets, whomever you'd like to share...) [In reply to] Can't Post

Those glowing red eyes are a bit...devilish

Wynnie
Rohan

Feb 18 2007, 2:17pm

Post #5 of 34 (4278 views)
Shortcut
kitty pic [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, good excuse to figure out how to post pictures here.

My two cats, Iris and Artemis:

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Patty
Immortal

Feb 19 2007, 5:21am

Post #6 of 34 (4303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wynnie] kitty pic [In reply to] Can't Post

lovely couch, Wynnie.

I admit to not being much of a pet person--especially now that we just got rid of two cats that found their way down into our crawlspace to keep warm during this cold snap, and their wailing and crying (poor things) drove my son nuts. (He is autistic, and sometimes noises that wouldn't bother us disturb him greatly.) We ended up having to pay to have them removed because there is so much snow on the ground here we couldn't get to them. Now, of course, we've seen to it that the crawlspace cover has been replaced.

But they are cute cats, and truly the couch is lovely.

Lord Peter Wimsey's Main Squeeze

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

Feb 19 2007, 8:39am

Post #7 of 34 (4300 views)
Shortcut
TORn parents: Post pics of your kids (or grandkids, nieces/nephews, pets, whomever you'd like to share...) [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it would be fun to join in. Here are some photos of my dog Joy. She's getting old now but she still has lots of energy barking at the neighbor dogs and running down the drive way hill. I dont know her exact age but I'm pretty sure she's at least ten. My family got her when I was about 13 or 14. She's my first and only dog.

When the seas and mountains fall and we come to end of days, in the dark I hear your call calling me there, i will go there and back again.

(This post was edited by YodatheHobbit on Feb 19 2007, 8:42am)

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2007, 3:22pm

Post #8 of 34 (4212 views)
Shortcut
Ohh, she's a pretty girl. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dunkie is my first, too. There is nothing like having doggy company around the house.

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but then TX seceded.

McGroovy

Feb 19 2007, 5:06pm

Post #9 of 34 (4261 views)
Shortcut
Let's see how this works. [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the latest addition to the family, Lono.

And Pele, chilling in the sink.

“I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree then perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die” ~ Eddie Izzard

(Elithraniel_M on the old boards)

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2007, 5:12pm

Post #10 of 34 (4243 views)
Shortcut
Heehee! Whenver I see kitties chillin' in the sink [In reply to] Can't Post

there's a really bad part of me that wonders what would happen if someone turned on the water. (And no, I would never do that.)

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but then TX seceded.

McGroovy

Feb 19 2007, 5:15pm

Post #11 of 34 (4222 views)
Shortcut
Pele actually *likes* water! [In reply to] Can't Post

She sometimes hops in the shower with me. She doesn't completely submerge herself, but she'll sit at the far end with no problem. Strange cat.

Lono, on the other hand doesn't like water all that much. If he's walking along the edge of the tub Pele pushes him in.

“I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree then perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die” ~ Eddie Izzard

(Elithraniel_M on the old boards)

Auxerre
Rivendell

Feb 19 2007, 6:57pm

Post #12 of 34 (4262 views)
Shortcut
In Memoriam - NEW [In reply to] Can't Post

My beloved Elsie, who went peacefully to her rest on Saturday:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morwen
Rohan

Feb 19 2007, 7:03pm

Post #13 of 34 (4212 views)
Shortcut
Aww, she was beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so sorry you lost her, but glad that her end was peaceful.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Feb 19 2007, 10:14pm

Post #14 of 34 (4231 views)
Shortcut
My kitties [In reply to] Can't Post

The orange one is Emily and the B&W is Toesie (uncreatively named because she has too many toes). I wish I had a picture of the two together, but they don't play well together. Emily is rather particular about who she will sleep next to, and Toesie just doesn't cut it apparently.

My Livejournal

My Costuming Site

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Feb 19 2007, 10:17pm

Post #15 of 34 (4211 views)
Shortcut
My condolences [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate losing pets. Thank goodness her end was peaceful.

My Livejournal

My Costuming Site

Patty
Immortal

Feb 19 2007, 11:00pm

Post #16 of 34 (4192 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm sure you are enjoying having an Ugly Troll even more. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dunkie is my first, too. There is nothing like having doggy company around the house.

Lord Peter Wimsey's Main Squeeze

Morwen
Rohan

Feb 20 2007, 2:35am

Post #17 of 34 (4213 views)
Shortcut
Well, here goes [In reply to] Can't Post

Thomas (nephew #1)

Tyler (nephew #2)

Sydni (niece)

Bo and Lydia (Bo's the hairy one)

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night

(This post was edited by Morwen on Feb 20 2007, 2:44am)

Owlyross
Rohan

Feb 20 2007, 3:16pm

Post #18 of 34 (4199 views)
Shortcut
Here's our monkey [In reply to] Can't Post

Our budgie Monkey that is Wink

just click on the attachment...

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
Attachments: monkey-1.jpg (131 KB)

Annael
Immortal

Feb 20 2007, 4:24pm

Post #19 of 34 (4214 views)
Shortcut
oh, she looks like a sweetie [In reply to] Can't Post

I lost my most beloved shepherd Jenny last summer, at the ripe old age of 13 years and 8 months. A good age, but it's always too soon for them to go.

I'm now planning for my next shepherd, who should be born in June if things go as plan. Here's her mommy-to-be:

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Feb 20 2007, 4:24pm)

Annael
Immortal

Feb 20 2007, 4:29pm

Post #20 of 34 (4226 views)
Shortcut
oh boy, brag time [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are my extremely gorgeous and smart nieces and nephews:

From the left they are Molly and her brother Evan, Evan's wife Amy, and their cousin Adam. Evan & Amy are expecting their first child in two weeks - I'm about to be a great-aunt!

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 20 2007, 5:22pm

Post #21 of 34 (4167 views)
Shortcut
re [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I lost my most beloved shepherd Jenny last summer, at the ripe old age of 13 years and 8 months. A good age, but it's always too soon for them to go.

I'm now planning for my next shepherd, who should be born in June if things go as plan. Here's her mommy-to-be:

Good looking doggie there. I'm sure your new pup will be great. Shepherds are the best dogs!

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

Annael
Immortal

Feb 20 2007, 7:31pm

Post #22 of 34 (4228 views)
Shortcut
and the other member of my household [In reply to] Can't Post

Mandu the Small but Doughty. I got him at the shelter three years ago; he had fleas & ear mites & a respiratory infection, so his first week with me involved a lot of dosing with medicine, but what a payoff. Best cat I've ever had.

This is Chairman Meow, his buddy from next door, also a shelter rescue, making himself at home on my couch. Isn't he a handsome cat?

Foe
Lorien

Feb 20 2007, 7:54pm

Post #23 of 34 (4189 views)
Shortcut
Here's 1 of Buster and Zoe [In reply to] Can't Post

Zoe likes to smile and show those dentures.

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Wynnie
Rohan

Feb 20 2007, 8:22pm

Post #24 of 34 (4166 views)
Shortcut
sending my sympathy [In reply to] Can't Post

> My beloved Elsie, who went peacefully to her rest on Saturday

So sorry for your loss. She looks like a sweet one -- such beautiful green eyes! It must have been hard to say goodbye.

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Sundoulos

Mar 2 2007, 5:45am

Post #25 of 34 (4196 views)
Shortcut
Belle the Terrible(ly) Cute, Devourer of Baseboards [In reply to] Can't Post

at least when no one is keeping a close eye on her. She is, after all, still a bit of a puppy. We adopted her last year, and it's been a treat!

This is her future "husband" Snowy, who is owned by my in-laws. He's about a year old now, but this pic is too cute not to share.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.