Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Join the Struggle Against Sauron! On Facebook!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Dec 1 2009, 2:26pm

Post #1 of 5 (2280 views)
Shortcut
Join the Struggle Against Sauron! On Facebook! Can't Post

The One Ring Game LogoFacebook users, get ready for an adventure! You can now experience the world of Tolkien via your Facebook account with the officially licensed Facebook app - 'The One Ring.' Microcosm Games has developed a great app which allows you to explore Middle-earth as one of the heroes of The Lord of the Rings, and join in the struggle against Sauron. The official description and screen can be found through the link below. We'd love to hear what you think of the app, so please join in the conversation in our forum. Check out the official app page on Facebook, as well as their official website to get started. [The One Ring Facebook App] [Official Homepage]

The One Ring Facebook Game - Screen Shot 1The One Ring Facebook Game - Screen Shot 2
The One Ring Facebook Game - Screen Shot 3

Official Description
The One Ring is an exciting new Facebook game of heroic combat and adventure, which allows you to explore the world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth. Take on the role of one of the heroes of The Lord of the Rings, and join in the struggle against Sauron!

You will play a Hero from Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, such as Aragorn or Legolas. And to begin with, your Hero will be relatively inexperienced. However, as they travel the world, seeking out adventure and battling the forces of darkness, they will grow in power, improving their abilities, gaining Companions, and finding new equipment.

There is no single way to win The One Ring; rather there are many paths to victory. Some are harder than others – can you win them all?

the_argonath
Lorien

Dec 1 2009, 2:55pm

Post #2 of 5 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Yey how exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Another thing for me to get addicted to Wink
Finding it slightly complicated though.....

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

Nimloth
Lorien

Dec 2 2009, 4:12am

Post #3 of 5 (1168 views)
Shortcut
Looks fun [In reply to] Can't Post

I will give it ago. Thanks for links. Smile

John Davis

Dec 4 2009, 11:46am

Post #4 of 5 (1308 views)
Shortcut
What do people think? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just wondering what people think of the game. (And I admit that as the person responsible for the writing in the game, I might have a bit of a vested interest!)

Anything you particularly like, love, dislike or hate? Anything you'd like to see in it? If so, do let us know, either here or on our own game forum: http://forum.oneringgame.com

(This post was edited by John Davis on Dec 4 2009, 11:47am)

botham

Apr 7 2010, 7:05am

Post #5 of 5 (3500 views)
Shortcut
comment [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was just wondering what people think of the game. (And I admit that as the person responsible for the writing in the game, I might have a bit of a vested interest!)

Anything you particularly like, love, dislike or hate? Anything you'd like to see in it? If so, do let us know, either here or on our own game forum: http://forum.oneringgame.com

The people take the games as the source of enjoyment and nothing else. I love games and consider best activity to get rid form the boring routine of life. What say?Wink

botham

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.