The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TORn Comic-Con presentation on front page

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jul 30 2009, 12:13am

Post #1 of 10 (1675 views)
Shortcut
TORn Comic-Con presentation on front page Can't Post

You will have to go there to read it. Its a nice place if you haven't visited much.

I even provided a link.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 30 2009, 2:00am

Post #2 of 10 (709 views)
Shortcut
Okay.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Have to run, Mr Cere, more tomorrow, but let me say in passing I enjoyed your interview with Quickbeam. You know, you look a lot like David Thewlis.
Should I call you Remus (as in Lupin) from now on?TongueWink

weaver
Half-elven

Jul 30 2009, 2:35am

Post #3 of 10 (642 views)
Shortcut
thanks for the heads up... [In reply to] Can't Post

...not quite like being there, but close enough.

Nice to see you and other torn-folk in action, and it's always fun to hear Richard Taylor talk about the cool things Weta-folk get to do for a living. Wish I had a job like that!

Weaver

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 30 2009, 5:07pm

Post #4 of 10 (676 views)
Shortcut
I'm reading. I'm watching. I'm Smiling. I'll be back! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 31 2009, 12:06am

Post #5 of 10 (688 views)
Shortcut
Same here.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Never fear. Mr. Cere, we'll have replies right here. Wink

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jul 31 2009, 6:11am

Post #6 of 10 (658 views)
Shortcut
Well, you all know all this stuff already [In reply to] Can't Post

There wasn't a lot of news for people on these boards. However, announcing to people that Howard Shore was confirmed was a revelation to the room, which surprised me. You all know as much about 'The Hobbit' film as anybody in that room except Richard Taylor and he sure isn't sharing.

The point is, there isn't that much for you all to respond to, aside from the very cool Richard Taylor stuff. The real reason to be in that room is to see and be with other fans and because its fun, not to learn new revelations. No need to respond, just a responsibility to share.

But thanks for caring and posting. 8)

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 31 2009, 6:27am

Post #7 of 10 (646 views)
Shortcut
Really... [In reply to] Can't Post

How could people be surprised at the inclusion of Howard Shore? Mr. Shore owns Middle-earth musically just as John Williams did the Star Wars Universe.
But if it makes people enthusiastic!...Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 31 2009, 9:18am

Post #8 of 10 (618 views)
Shortcut
That's the fun of it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Having all of the action, conversations, revelations to make me feel like I'm hanging out with everyone. Richard and Peter both look so lit up with excitement at being there and enjoying the energy. I hope they know that our appreciation for them hasn't diminished and is not only there because of the upcoming projects.

It IS exciting and wonderful to have something we fought for for such a long time being realized. There's such an incredible connection with them, and having them at ComiCon to celebrate is so perfect. So it's not just the announcement and already knowing (for the most part) what's going on... it sharing it with them face-to-face. They can feel the love and devotion... and we can feel it coming right back at us! I'm loving these reports and clips... so very much.

Thanks MrCere :)

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2009, 7:45pm

Post #9 of 10 (684 views)
Shortcut
People in the audience... [In reply to] Can't Post

...were also surprised by the other artists listed (besides John Howe and Alan Lee). I don't know if you could hear everyone, but the mention of Mike Mignola got a lot of "OMG!"'s. Smile

"...and back again."

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 31 2009, 11:20pm

Post #10 of 10 (675 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to admit that I was one of many who had to make a little--no, make that a BIG--mental adjustment when Mignol'as name was first mentioned. Of course I knew he and Del Toro obviously went way back and were huge fans of each other-as their collaborations show. But adding a celebrated comic book hero creator and anime illustrator, with his distinctive style, is a new and intruiging twist on The Professor's "branching out" theory--wish these two could have sat down in a pub for a chart in an alternate universeLaugh.
Even knowing the areas he is working on and having some ideas how this might turn out, being familar with his work--you never know though, he might be expanding and broadening his palette..that's what makes this so excting: Del Toro's pemise that this project will be "unlike anything he's done before" and so goes for everyone on the project down!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.