First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 9 2007, 3:01pm

Post #1 of 28 (1168 views)
Shortcut
Movie Trivial Pursuit -- Week of April 9 Can't Post

Hi everyone:

We're back to regular trivia, after taking a break for a great Magpie music game last week!

Questions for the Week of April 9:

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell?

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond?

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf?

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites?

5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown?

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship?

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras?

Reminders:

• All questions are taken from the LOTR Movie Trilogy Trivial Pursuit Game.
  • Quizzes will be posted each Monday.
  • Answers and scores will be posted about a week later -- you have until next Sunday afternoon to play!

Thanks for playing and have fun!

Weaver

hasufel
Rivendell

Apr 9 2007, 3:38pm

Post #2 of 28 (973 views)
Shortcut
Here goes [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell? Himself.

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond? I think there were four.

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf? Minis Morgul

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites? Juicy sweeeet!

5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown? Blond

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? John Rhys Davies? I seem to recall an interview of how difficult it was to constantly make him appear so short, consdidering he was so tall in real life. I would love to read this interview again, I should have saved it.

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras? Aragorn and Boromir carried hobbits. Gandalf led the way, and Legolas walked on top of the snow. So that leaves Gimli to lead Bill?

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 9 2007, 3:46pm

Post #3 of 28 (987 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mario Andretti, but he was busy.

Enough to screw in a light bulb.

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf?

Minas New Line

“Tassty, crunchy, and cheessy
The tassty ssnack that ssmiless back
Until you bite their headsies off”

Depends on how often Sam curries it.

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship?

Strangely enough, “Tall Paul” Randall.

Bonus Round:
7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras?

Rebecca Fitzgerald, the front part of panto-bill.

I met a Balrog on the stair
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 9 2007, 6:12pm

Post #4 of 28 (964 views)
Shortcut
My answers... [In reply to] Can't Post

Himself

Three

Minas Morgul

Juicy Sweeeeet

Blond

John Rhys-Davies

Bonus Round:

Sam

ringhead91
Rivendell

Apr 9 2007, 10:39pm

Post #5 of 28 (956 views)
Shortcut
my answers [In reply to] Can't Post

himself
Minas Morgul
"we only wish to catch a fish so juicy sweet"
brown
John Rhys-Davies
Bonus Round:

Sam

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Menelwyn
Rohan

Apr 9 2007, 11:27pm

Post #6 of 28 (955 views)
Shortcut
glad it's back [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if it's difficult....

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell? Aragorn himself

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond? 4

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf? Minas Morgul

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites? juicy sweeeeeeeet!

5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown? blond

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? John Rhys-Davies

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras? Sam, I suppose

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 10 2007, 1:29am

Post #7 of 28 (958 views)
Shortcut
Tricksy, that last one! [In reply to] Can't Post

Himself.

I think I remember two besides Gimli, so that would be three.

Minas Morgul.

So juicy sweeeeet!

Black?

John Rhys-Davies (Gimli).

Bonus Round:

Tricky! No one - because Bill wasn't there! It was two extras in a pony costume.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for shear delight, and he stood up and cried: 'O great glory and splendour! And all my wishes have come true!'"

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Apr 10 2007, 7:55am

Post #8 of 28 (947 views)
Shortcut
oh dear... [In reply to] Can't Post

...guesssed at too many of these, guess I'll just HAVE to go watch the DVDs again! [Laugh

Hi everyone:

We're back to regular trivia, after taking a break for a great Magpie music game last week!

Himself

Three

Minas Morgul

Juicy sweet

brown

Ian McKellan

Bonus Round:

Sam

Art Gallery Revised, my drawings,
Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

FarFromHome
Valinor

Apr 10 2007, 8:50am

Post #9 of 28 (952 views)
Shortcut
Poor old Bill [In reply to] Can't Post

He plans to go himself, until Arwen convinces him she's a faster rider (if he'd known how much criticism this decision would come in for, perhaps he'd have sent Frodo off alone to satisfy the book purists!)

I've never noticed this. I'll guess 4 (I'd like to guess 7, as it would suit PJ's sense of humour, but nah... I'll go with 4)

"The Nine have left Minas Morgul..." (although in fact we've already seen this for ourselves earlier).

So juicy-sweet.

Blond - although the various Bills all seem to have slightly different colouring to me - I keep meaning to keep track of all the shots of him, but I always forget once I start watching the movie.

That must be JRD. The magic of cinema!

Bonus Round:

Well, in the first scene (where Boromir picks up the Ring) it's Sam as usual. In the second scene, with the avalanche, it's not Gandalf, nor Legolas who pulls Gandalf back from the edge, and it's not either Aragorn (carrying Frodo and Sam) or Boromir (carrying Merry and Pippin). So by a process of elimination, it has to be... Gimli.

...and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew,
and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth;
and the light of the glass of Galadriel that Frodo bore
glimmered and was lost.

Nuradar
Rohan

Apr 10 2007, 11:42am

Post #10 of 28 (956 views)
Shortcut
Movie Trivial Pursuit - April 9 [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell? Himself

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond? Three, I think...

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf? Minas Morgul

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites? Our only wish, to catch a fish, so juicy sweet...

5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown? Blond/light beige

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? I believe it was John Rhys-Davies

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras? mmm, this is tough. I'm almost certain is was Gimli, because the hobbits were being carried by the two men.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 10 2007, 3:11pm

Post #11 of 28 (953 views)
Shortcut
Questions -- and answers and guesses ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Himself, of course. Just like a man, to not consider a woman could do the job just as well.

Well, there was Gimli, of course, and Gloin, and I *think* two others. One had a very black beard, IIRC.

"The nine have left Minas Morgul" or, colloquially, "bats out of hell"

So juicy sweeeeet! (I had to listen to this many times this weekend since my g'son likes to push the buttons on my talking Gollum!)

Blond, but it's actually flaxen.

That'd be JRD, unless you're counting the doubles, then it's the one they called Tall Paul.

Bonus Round:

This is like one of those logic puzzles (that I was never very good at) where, if Legolas is walking on the snow, and Aragorn and Boromir both have armfuls of hobbits (easy there, fangirls), then that only leaves Gimli as Gandalf was pretty busy himself.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

FarFromHome
Valinor

Apr 10 2007, 4:17pm

Post #12 of 28 (957 views)
Shortcut
Your no. 5... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had an awful vision of pony curry for supper one night...

Poor old Bill. ;-0

...and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew,
and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth;
and the light of the glass of Galadriel that Frodo bore
glimmered and was lost.

Lossefalme
Gondor

Apr 10 2007, 7:56pm

Post #13 of 28 (939 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I'm game for some more humiliation! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi everyone:

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell? Strider himself, of course!

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond? Oh geez. I think there were three. Ugh. (Not Ughluk Tongue)

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf? I know they crossed the river Isen...perhaps they set out from the Morgul Vale?

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites? So nice and sweet? A tasty treat? I know there was a rhyme in there somewhere. I'll go with juicy sweet. That doesn't seem right; a juicy, sweet fish, but there you have it. Final answer.
5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown? Ummmmm. Brown? I have a 33% chance of getting this right, but I still think I'm wrong. Do I get credit for my math??? Blush

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? Do you mean the giant stand-in or regular actors? That's a tough one. I only had eyes for Viggo, so it's hard for me to picture the others. Hmmm. It could easiy be Sean or Orlando - even Ian I suppose. I know it's not right, but I'll go with Viggo because I'm a V-girl and that's what counts!

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras? My first thought was Sam, but I actually think it was someone else. Boromir maybe? That doesn't seem right, either, but there you have it. That's my guess. I really need to watch these again!

Reminders:

• All questions are taken from the LOTR Movie Trilogy Trivial Pursuit Game.
  • Quizzes will be posted each Monday.
  • Answers and scores will be posted about a week later -- you have until next Sunday afternoon to play!

Thanks for playing and have fun!

(Formerly Lossefalme3, just in case you're wondering)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. 'Elendil!' he cried. 'I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!' TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: 'Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.' RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Apr 10 2007, 8:42pm

Post #14 of 28 (935 views)
Shortcut
no cheating!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Arwen

hmmm, a logical 'stab in the dark' at 7?

...'Isen on midsummers eve, disguised as riders in black'.

..To catch a fish, so juicy sweeeeeeeeeet!

Brown

um...I don't know...um...guesses at....John Rhys Davies (Gimli)?

Bonus Round:

Samwise Gamgee

-e_H-

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 10 2007, 8:51pm

Post #15 of 28 (941 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, [In reply to] Can't Post

some tricky ones in here.

1. Strider.

2. Three.

3. Minas Morgul.

4. “So juicy sweeeeet!”

5. Blond.

6. Sean Bean. (It was either him or Ian McK, but I’ll go for Bean.)

Bonus Round:

7. Guess: Gimli. (Aragorn and Boromir were carrying Hobbits, Gandalf lead the way and Legolas was walking on snow.)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 10 2007, 8:55pm

Post #16 of 28 (976 views)
Shortcut
Ah, crud. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? John Rhys Davies? I seem to recall an interview of how difficult it was to constantly make him appear so short, consdidering he was so tall in real life. I would love to read this interview again, I should have saved it.

Tricky forced-perspective red herring! I believe you're right.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 10 2007, 9:31pm

Post #17 of 28 (939 views)
Shortcut
Yep. [In reply to] Can't Post

Jackson thought it was neat how he could shoot Rhys-Davies and the hobbits without doubles. There was just the right height differential between dwarves and hobbits.

I met a Balrog on the stair
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Stapper
Lorien

Apr 11 2007, 10:24am

Post #18 of 28 (922 views)
Shortcut
My try [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Strider himself, I think
2. Five?
3. Black gates
4. Juicy and sweet
5. Blond
6. John R-D (I don't dare typing his last name out of fear for typo's)
7. Aragorn & Boromir carry the Hobbits, Legolas' walking OVER the snow, Gandalf's leading the buch on his own, so... Gimli?

Belinda's law: The chance a computer crashes is proportional to the importance of the document you're working on

FOTR:50 links / Samwise's cookbook / TORn birthday calendar / 'Things you never (want to) hear people say' list

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 11:01am

Post #19 of 28 (926 views)
Shortcut
Giving it a (hesitating) try... ! [In reply to] Can't Post

GLORFINDEL
GLOIN, GIMLI, & A THIRD ONE = 3
THE MORGUL VALE
???
BLOND
JOHN RHYS-DAVIES

Bonus Round:
LEGOLAS?...

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 11 2007, 2:01pm

Post #20 of 28 (930 views)
Shortcut
whew... a spare moment [In reply to] Can't Post

himself

three?

Minas Morgul

so juicy swe-e-e-t

um... blond?

oh dear.... total guess: Viggo

Bonus Round:

it's gotta be Sam, don't ya think?

Enjoy the LOTR movie soundtracks?
Why not join us for fun and discussion in
the current Movie Music Trivia Game.

SPECIAL *APRIL* EDITION OF THE GAME

Rivendweller
Lorien

Apr 11 2007, 4:17pm

Post #21 of 28 (924 views)
Shortcut
Oh! May I play? [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell? Why, that would be Strider himself!

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond? Erm....4?

3. From where did the Black Riders set out, according to what Saruman tells Gandalf? "They crossed the river Isen...." * mind blanks out* The Nine have left Minas Morgul. Yes! Final answer - Minas Morgul

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites? " Rock and pool - is nice and cool" " We only wish to catch a fish so juicy sweeeeet!!"

5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown? Methinks it was blonde.

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? John Rhyes Davies - that tricksy dwarf!

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras? *Frantically shuffles through LOTR Cedco calendar for picture* *fails* OK...let's go with Aragorn? I seem to remember seeing him lead Bill. Then again - I could be totally wrong!!

Around the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by
A day may come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon East of the Sun

Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

(This post was edited by Rivendweller on Apr 11 2007, 4:23pm)

rosiegirl2711

Apr 11 2007, 9:12pm

Post #22 of 28 (914 views)
Shortcut
I'll give this a try [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Who is Strider's first choice to ride with the wounded Frodo to Rivendell? Himself

2. How many dwarves attend the Council of Elrond? 6

4. How would a fish taste, according to Gollum in the rhyme he recites? Juicy and Sweet

5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown? Blond

6. Who was the tallest of the actors who portrayed the members of the Fellowship? Viggo Mortensen

Bonus Round:

7. Which member of the Fellowship leads Bill through the snow-covered Pass of Caradhras? Aragorn

MsC
Bree

Apr 11 2007, 11:37pm

Post #23 of 28 (902 views)
Shortcut
Guessing... [In reply to] Can't Post

Himself
3?
Minas Morgul
juicy sweet
blond
John Rhys Davies (sp?)
Bonus Round:

Sam?

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 12 2007, 8:24pm

Post #24 of 28 (902 views)
Shortcut
some late answers [In reply to] Can't Post

1. himself
2. 3 ?? -- once Legolas enters all thought just stops for most of the women in the audience
3. from Minas Morgul
4. so juicy sweet -- not unlike Juicy Fruit gum, I suppose
5. brown? -- geez, multiple choice and I still have no idea
6. John Rhys-Davies -- tricksy forced perspective
7. Sam?

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

Owlyross
Rohan

Apr 13 2007, 9:21am

Post #25 of 28 (894 views)
Shortcut
Very late answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Himself?

Three

Minas Morgul

So juicy sweet

Brown

John Rhys Davis

Bonus Round:

Aragorn

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.