Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Guillermo says scripting has begun ...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Elven
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 4:43pm

Post #1 of 30 (2179 views)
Shortcut
Guillermo says scripting has begun ... Can't Post

Ive just got home from an early screening of Hellboy II The Golden Army hosted by PopcornTaxi at the Greater Union Cinema in Sydney, where Guillermo did a telephone Q & A from Berlin after the film - (which I thought was fantastic!) ...
Guillermo spoke on a few subjects - his love for timepieces and mechanical devises, his voicing of 90% of the monsters in the film (though he did say he was NOT doing the voice for Smaug Wink) , he spoke about fairies and monsters, the benefits of each: animatronics, CGI and 3D ...

The last question though related to the Hobbit - and Guillermo said that although there was nothing to add at the moment - he can say that scripting has started - and he described the process as something 'beautiful' ...
There will be a podcast of the Q&A with Guillermo, though this was only a couple of hours ago so its not available yet - when it is I will transcribe it.

As an aside, myself and 2 others were each given a poster of Hellboy II for travelling such a long way for the screening LOL!! Laugh What a fantastic night - and its only Monday!

Cheers
Elven x

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Woodyend
Gondor

Aug 18 2008, 6:07pm

Post #2 of 30 (868 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the update, and all the extra work you do for us. [In reply to] Can't Post

It dose not go unnoticed. Looks like we are in safe hands with the scripts.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Sunflower
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 6:57pm

Post #3 of 30 (736 views)
Shortcut
Just the title of this thread gave me shivers. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a million, Elven...you lucky so and so....I'vepassed this info on the folks at his site, I know HM will want to read/hear this!

Elven
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 7:08pm

Post #4 of 30 (737 views)
Shortcut
Im hoping to get the .. [In reply to] Can't Post

wording down pat on this - as I could not record anything in the theatre (a big sign said anyone doing that would be kicked out Blush ) ... but Im waiting on the podcast to get the exact wording because it was expressed so sincerely and enthusiastically ... it was a pity it was almost the last thing he spoke about during the Q&A ... I hope Guillermo might post something about it here on tORN ...

Cheers Sunflower
Elven

deej
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2008, 7:10pm

Post #5 of 30 (727 views)
Shortcut
It's all happening! [In reply to] Can't Post

*happy dance* Cool

"...and back again."

Artanis
Rohan

Aug 18 2008, 7:13pm

Post #6 of 30 (726 views)
Shortcut
Scripting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

....has begun...........

I am looking at the "smileys" to the left and can't quite find one to fit how EXITED I am.

Artanis

Reading: I, Robot - Isaac Asimov, J. Hudson Taylor A Man in Christ - Roger Steer

Listening: Downhere -Wide Eyed and Mystified, The Silmarillion, Eden's Bridge - Celtic Worship

Random Delights: Tea, chocolate, Lavendar plants and TORn

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 18 2008, 7:22pm

Post #7 of 30 (720 views)
Shortcut
Oh boy, oh boy... [In reply to] Can't Post

shivers, excited.

They started!

Happy!!!

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 7:48pm

Post #8 of 30 (689 views)
Shortcut
Lucky you! [In reply to] Can't Post

That must have been exciting! And they have started scripting, yay! I really look forward to the transcript, Elven! Heart

Well, that was the perfect start for the week, I'd say Smile

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Zmulady
Rohan

Aug 18 2008, 7:49pm

Post #9 of 30 (720 views)
Shortcut
yesssssssssssss [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if they had started yet. It's very exciting!!! I wish I was a fly on their wall.

Woodyend
Gondor

Aug 18 2008, 8:02pm

Post #10 of 30 (684 views)
Shortcut
Elven did he say if he was still on his vacation? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just curious to know if he has started writing yet, or if it was just PJ&Co.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Sunflower
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 8:17pm

Post #11 of 30 (715 views)
Shortcut
Oh, we know he will! [In reply to] Can't Post

Once it was put up as a story on the Homepage....he tends to reply to threads refed on Home! I hope he won't be breaking up his vacation, though....I know how hard it is to get back into the grooveLaugh Though if he does reply I'll likely miss it...German time being even more ahead foe me, I'll be at work...I always miss being there in threads when he's postingCrazy

I know I'm going to be walking around 2 feet off the ground the rest of the day...just SO GLAD today's the day I work evening shift, and had no terribly imprtant errands to run, and could get this info "live", so to speak.... if I could only get a look at that sacred piece of paper he jotted down his first ideas on (with Guillermo you know it's paper, not on a computer, lol) and then I'd gild it. or encase it in "imperishable crystal" like Gimli did with Galadriel's strands of hair.

Ok, I'm going overboard, but the headlines have not been too happy lately...we need a bit of good news! The world can't truly be going to the dogs if *this* is going forward!

Have to leave for work in a bit, hope the Podcast is up when I get home...

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Aug 18 2008, 8:24pm)

Sunflower
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 8:25pm

Post #12 of 30 (682 views)
Shortcut
Who was it who said... [In reply to] Can't Post

"There is no emoticon for what I am feeling right now?"

LOL....Wink

DiveTwin
Rohan

Aug 18 2008, 8:47pm

Post #13 of 30 (682 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Eleven, thanks for that bit of news. Doesn't that mean that he's been over to New Zealand then - so the commuting has begun? Ah, Guillermo will be nailing those frequent flyer miles by the bushel (and considering how the airlines are upping the rewards numbers, it couldn't hurt).

Darn, now I'll never get anything else done today.... Cool

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

luvgabe
The Shire

Aug 18 2008, 10:02pm

Post #14 of 30 (685 views)
Shortcut
Woo Hoo!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's finally begun! Cool

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --Gandalf the Grey

Buchanicus
Lorien

Aug 18 2008, 10:47pm

Post #15 of 30 (637 views)
Shortcut
Really exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

At last, the creative process has truly started! I think my excitment level just got bumped up a notch now that work has actually begun (if that was possible)! It's just exciting to know that GDT, PJ, Fran and Phillippa are all brainstorming and feeding off of each other! It's gonna be a great few years!

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

Elven
Valinor

Aug 18 2008, 11:07pm

Post #16 of 30 (634 views)
Shortcut
Writing has started ... [In reply to] Can't Post

and it sounded collaborative.
but he didn't say anything about the vacation ...
MrCere said in the transcription post on main that he had already taken his vacation (its not in the main body of the transcript, but a post underneath it) ... so i am assuming or speculating that his vacation time is over.
He also mentioned that he would do a live chat in Australia, seeing he was going to be so close (being in NZ) at some stage down the track - so I look forward to that.

Cheers
Elven x

Woodyend
Gondor

Aug 18 2008, 11:15pm

Post #17 of 30 (654 views)
Shortcut
Thanks again. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's exciting to know that we here, are with (at least in sprit) them, from almost day one of the writing.

~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~

Eldameldo
Bree

Aug 19 2008, 1:07am

Post #18 of 30 (616 views)
Shortcut
Fabulous news!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad there are signs of it moving forward now for real!
Thanks for letting us know.
Smile

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Aug 19 2008, 4:00am

Post #19 of 30 (586 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info! It's all slowly happening... 2011 is way too far into the future.

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 19 2008, 5:16am

Post #20 of 30 (598 views)
Shortcut
Yipee *doing cartwheels* [In reply to] Can't Post

seeing as I couldn't join you, I can still enjoy your report *hugs*

and

He also mentioned that he would do a live chat in Australia, seeing he was going to be so close (being in NZ) at some stage down the track - so I look forward to that.

Geeking out gramma style CoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Kel xHeart

Valinor, O Valinor
Andav yny hyarya
Tumna y nyna minya fa
An Valinor, liss Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )
Is TORn...Is Good

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 19 2008, 9:14am

Post #21 of 30 (600 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! I figured his [In reply to] Can't Post

vacation was up a while ago; so it's great to have MrCere's prediction that it should be over by now confirmed.

I'd never even contemplated GtD voicing Smaug himself. While the monster voices in HellboyII were impressive, I hope he passes the torch to another for Smaug.

It does, however, already make me wonder where GdT and Peter will have their cameos. I think it'd be a hoot to have them as residents of Lake-town.

Thanks so much, Elven. I'm SO GLAD you made it to the Q&A/Film and got a chance to see him in person. He's great fun to listen to!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Elven
Valinor

Aug 19 2008, 1:09pm

Post #22 of 30 (567 views)
Shortcut
Hi Gramma ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gramma Smile
Oh, Wink just to clarify ... I didn't see him - he was live satellite from Berlin ... on the phone Smile
there was also another theatre in Melbourne (Victoria) who watched the movie and listened to the Q&A as well - so it was quite special - the organizers went to alot of trouble and it was appreciated by everyone - the cheers and clapping by the audience at the end of the night said it all.

Another thought ...
During the discussion Guillermo sang the praises of Brian Steele. Brian plays a number of roles in Hellboy II such as Wink / Cronie / Spice Shop Troll / Cathedral Head / Fragglewump - Brian apparently lost an extraordinary amount of weight in his role due to the costumes he was wearing - wink being the worst (due to its weight and size). Guillermo commented that his wife was going to get him a wink suit LOL!! Laugh

but, I wouldn't be suprised if Brian Steele's name showed up in the Hobbit credits - though there was no mention of such thing (just to clarify) - but then again, he has played a bear double (in 'The Edge') before - I suppose 'thats got to count for something' as one of our dear Took friends would say.

Cheers gramma
Elven x

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 19 2008, 2:14pm

Post #23 of 30 (575 views)
Shortcut
Ahhhh... I see! I also see [In reply to] Can't Post

from an IMDB search that he's from a town about 10 miles down the road from where I grew up!!!

At 6' 7", I think he'd be a bit tall for a dwarf if the scale is around 6' 2", but he'd be a peachy-keen Beorn! Like Doug Jones, it'd be nice if he could have a part where his face shows ;)

Thanks Elven!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Elven
Valinor

Aug 19 2008, 4:28pm

Post #24 of 30 (528 views)
Shortcut
LOL!! The next time you see ... [In reply to] Can't Post

a six foot seven guy in your neighbourhood - dont run!

ask him if he's got a plans for a part in the Hobbit.

I gotta say Im still sticking with Russell for Beorn - but as for a big Bear dancing around a fire at night - Steele would be awesome Smile

Cheers Gramma
Elven x

Patty
Immortal

Aug 19 2008, 6:16pm

Post #25 of 30 (538 views)
Shortcut
That's great to know-- thanks Elven. [In reply to] Can't Post

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and this is it.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.