No news News.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Guillermo
Rivendell

Jul 4 2008, 6:36pm

Post #1 of 49 (5244 views)
Shortcut
No news News. Can't Post

With rare exceptions, expect a lot of "no news" news to pop up everywhere "about the Hobbit".

Some may try and be controversial with headings, some may try to spin old news into looking a little more recent. Some may even create a "scoop" feeling.

But the bottom line is simple: There are no more news to report.

That said, being on the HBII junket tour, many a question will have to do with "The Hobbit" and the answer that will be given will be pallid variations on themes already familiar to TORN readers.

Please be patient. In just a few weeks, progress will actually occur and we will have some tidbits to gear up-

Yours Truly

GDT

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jul 4 2008, 6:39pm

Post #2 of 49 (2637 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for letting us know! [In reply to] Can't Post

And good luck with Hellboy II!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 4 2008, 7:15pm

Post #3 of 49 (2567 views)
Shortcut
Best of luck with HBII [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw a trailer yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

One thing I've learned from following the LOTR movies is that the cycle of interviews tends to get very repetitive. I have a lot of admiration for anyone who can repeat the same answers to the same questions over the course of several weeks and make the answers interesting. I don't think I would have the patience for that.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2008, 7:56pm

Post #4 of 49 (2540 views)
Shortcut
Thank you as always [In reply to] Can't Post

Best of luck with Hellboy!

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2008, 8:18pm

Post #5 of 49 (2528 views)
Shortcut
I hope you're having fun with HBII [In reply to] Can't Post

I for one am looking forward to seeing it!

And thanks once again for the update, it is greatly apprieciating by all of us!!

x

*Jazminatar the Brown*

StillCrazy
Bree

Jul 4 2008, 8:28pm

Post #6 of 49 (2540 views)
Shortcut
gracias, se˝or del Toro [In reply to] Can't Post

I am awaiting HBII, it looks very good.

All the worlds a stage.

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 4 2008, 8:34pm

Post #7 of 49 (2554 views)
Shortcut
Wow... that's staying in touch better than many of my friends do [In reply to] Can't Post

(and me... she admits sheepishly).

I will surely see Hellboy II, although... with finances tight it will be at our lovely, restored, vintage, neighborhood, second run theater (with rocker seats, a great screen and sound system and the best popcorn in the Twin Cities).

Thanks for keeping in touch.

magpie avatar gallery ~ soundtrack website ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Woodyend
Gondor

Jul 4 2008, 8:46pm

Post #8 of 49 (2521 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the heads up. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am getting very excited about seeing Hellboy two. My husband of thirty years and I are intending to make it a date movie Friday, with all the accouterments. I don't know how young folks manage these days with the price of the gas, movies, drinks, and popcorn.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2008, 9:43pm

Post #9 of 49 (2554 views)
Shortcut
No news is good news ... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great to hear from the source that most of the rumors flying around are just hot air.

You do realize that you're now on the hook to deliver some actual news in a few weeks, don't you? Cool

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Menelwyn
Rohan

Jul 4 2008, 11:03pm

Post #10 of 49 (2510 views)
Shortcut
thanks for the message [In reply to] Can't Post

We appreciate even a "no news" notice! And hey, it keeps TORn looking respectable if we don't fall for any alleged "scoops".

Good luck with HBII!

ringbearer9
Lorien

Jul 4 2008, 11:46pm

Post #11 of 49 (2473 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the update! [In reply to] Can't Post

Appretiate it! BTW, can't wait to see HB2!

*away for a few days*

merklynn
Lorien

Jul 4 2008, 11:51pm

Post #12 of 49 (2492 views)
Shortcut
You're awesome. My wife said if she ever meets you she wants to give you a hug! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Most importantly, do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in the Times Online." - Buddha muses over coverage of the Tolkien lawsuit

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jul 5 2008, 1:15am

Post #13 of 49 (2487 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much... [In reply to] Can't Post

...for thinking of us when you are so busy! And by the way, I finally got to see "Pan's Labyrinth" last night, and it was fabulous! My husband said, "That's it--now I know that he can do 'The Hobbit'!" So rich in layers, so accurate as to what a fairy-story ought to be!

May you have interesting dreams, and may they throw some fabulous inspiration your way!

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 5 2008, 2:10am

Post #14 of 49 (2481 views)
Shortcut
What a delightful acknowledgement [In reply to] Can't Post

that you would know we'd be hanging on every tidbit and inflection to come along. *bows deeply* What a treat! Thank you :D

Now... about HBII... I CAN'T WAIT!!!! *twitch*

*raises mug* Here's to success for the film and salute to the cast, crew and you.

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

diedye
Grey Havens

Jul 5 2008, 2:34am

Post #15 of 49 (2511 views)
Shortcut
Spoilsport... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aw, but GDT, all the fun's in the speculating and picking apart all your quotes.... Evil

(That said, there better be a B-word in those tidbits of yours or you'll have some 'splaining to do!)

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 5 2008, 4:20am

Post #16 of 49 (2470 views)
Shortcut
In other words, anything you say can and will be used ... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... got it.

In the whirlwind of interviews, travel, repetition and fatigue, it must be pretty easy for your words to over-enthusiastic interviewers to either be misinterpreted or twisted. Knowing how we hang on everything you do say ... it was really considerate of you to give us a heads up. Thank you.

Heart Loresilme

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Jul 5 2008, 4:21am)

Nimloth
Lorien

Jul 5 2008, 4:52am

Post #17 of 49 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the no news update [In reply to] Can't Post

Speculating is alot of fun and it's good to know that's all it is for the moment. Smile

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 5 2008, 5:42am

Post #18 of 49 (2541 views)
Shortcut
*Raises empty Baby Ruth wrapper in salute* [In reply to] Can't Post

At least if there's No News, we have a very good reason why! No apologies needed, Sir!

We know you have a GREAT movie coming out in a week, I have read the novelization and know it's an amazing and powerful story, and I can't wait to see it! Plus the issues you raise in the film are of intense interest to me and it's great that you choose to address them in such a mainstream "pop culture" fashion.

Thank you for all the interviews, it's a great pleasure reading and listening to them. I have learned so much. I am especially intruiged by the concept of "Bleak House", and the evolution of your artwork. I hope you do publish a compendium of your work, a nice "coffee table" book next year, I would love to see it. (*After* you have signed all the proper Hobbit paperwork, of course!)

Plus: I just have to say, that (like with you) Abe Saphien is my favorite Mignola character and, having already been spoiled for Film 2, all I can say is.....if you ever choose to make HB3, there had better be a satisfactory sense of closure regarding the Abe character, the same way as it appears to be shaping up with Hellboy, or I will be very disappointed! Wink
(I can't say any more, of course, without posting spoilers, so...)

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Jul 5 2008, 5:49am)

mrgrooism
The Shire

Jul 5 2008, 12:16pm

Post #19 of 49 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Hellboy [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't tell me he's encased in carbonite at the end? LOL!!! Loved HB2 and will be there for HB2, no question. Perlman really nails the role.
Larry S. aka mrgrooism
Master Mendicant

The only thing to hate is hate itself.

Larry S. aka mrgrooism
Master Mendicant

The only thing to hate is hate itself.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 5 2008, 9:44pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 5 2008, 1:22pm

Post #20 of 49 (2482 views)
Shortcut
*pssst* [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to TORN! I lurked occasionally on the KiKn boards and remember your nick. Glad to see you here!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 5 2008, 1:40pm

Post #21 of 49 (2444 views)
Shortcut
LOL... [In reply to] Can't Post

no, don't worry, nothing like that. After you've seen the film, you'll know what I mean....when I compare his situation to that of Hellboy. Warning: even the fanboys may have a lump in their throat.

leo
Rohan

Jul 5 2008, 1:53pm

Post #22 of 49 (2429 views)
Shortcut
No worries, no rush... [In reply to] Can't Post

Speculating is more than half the fun in a project like this. And also, it makes us (or at least me) think about how I would do things and how I would like to see things. And I dare say, that makes me a little creative sometimes... So by not telling us much, you are a very good influence on me ;-)

MithrandÝr
Lorien

Jul 5 2008, 2:11pm

Post #23 of 49 (2409 views)
Shortcut
very understandable.. [In reply to] Can't Post

enjoy your time promoting hell boy! im going to see it of course!

really looking forward to some real news in due time :)

overlithe64
Rivendell

Jul 5 2008, 3:49pm

Post #24 of 49 (2423 views)
Shortcut
Seriously... [In reply to] Can't Post

No explanation is required, we know where to go for our news and will be waiting Patiently...or perhaps sometimes impatiently for all the "official news" to come. Thanks so much for keeping us updated even if it is with "No News". Wink

I am obsessed, but I am in excellent company.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 5 2008, 6:14pm

Post #25 of 49 (2406 views)
Shortcut
No News is good News [In reply to] Can't Post

But we will be going on speculation, just for the fun, and see how well we did (or didn't).

Good lunch with all the upcoming activities, I'll be anxiously awaiting the News News.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.