Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: sauget.diblosio

sauget.diblosio
Title: Tol Eressea
Last Logon: Aug 7 2016, 6:36pm
Local Time: 6:08 pm
Interests: Some (non-LotR) favorites... Directors: Ingmar Bergman, Krysztof Keislowski, Wim Wenders, Woody Allen, Coen Bros., Terry Gilliam, P.T. Anderson, Monty Python, Peter Greenaway, Michelangelo Antonioni, Ridley Scott... Movies: Paris, Texas, Blade Runner, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Double Life of Veronique, Alien, Cries and Whispers, The Shining, Wings of Desire, The Conversation, The Piano, Brazil, Blue Velvet... Books: Lonesome Dove, A Room with a View, The Stranger, Ethan Frome, The Little Prince, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, All the President's Men, Slaughter-house 5, True Grit... Television: Lost, Twin Peaks, The Office (UK), Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, Homicide, Seinfeld, SCTV, The Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica... Music: Peter Gabriel, Radiohead, Phillip Glass, Leonard Cohen, Talking Heads/David Byrne, Yo La Tengo, Lloyd Cole, Paul Westerberg, REM, The Rolling Stones, U2... Videogames: Half-life/Portal, Resident Evil, Metroid, Dead Space, Mario Kart, Rayman, Turok, Mario/Donkey Kong
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: 8th grade, reading class-- read The Hobbit and liked it, read The Lord of the Rings and *loved* it. I especially loved the maps, and the deep, seemingly never-ending history.
Favorite Tolkien character: When i first read it, it was Strider, but not Aragorn-- i liked him more as a dark and mysterious Ranger of the North, and i always wished he'd stayed that way. As i grew older, it became Gandalf *the Grey*, so wise, yet down-to-earth, mischevious and funny (this was later solidified by Sir Ian McKellan). Now it's a split between Gandalf and Gollum, but that's mainly due to the films' absolutely brilliant portrayal of him, and the genius of Andy Serkis.
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Cabbages and Potatoes
Email: kdkseven@yahoo.com

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.