Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: sara

sara
Title: Lorien
Last Logon: Nov 17 2013, 5:58pm
Real Name: It's the same, trust me, I didn't just make it up "Sara" ;-)
Date of Birth: 1979-09-28
Local Time: 9:51 pm
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: My first LOTR reading experience, sadly, was after I saw all three movies several times. I had read The Hobbit as a child and I absolutely loved it! My dad bought the book for me and he's a pretty big Tolkien fan, so he was happy to hear how much I enjoyed the book. We had many great discussions about Bilbo's adventure. One day I was talking about Gollum and how much I liked that character and my dad told me there were more books about Middle Earth with events that take place after The Hobbit and Gollum is one of the chief characters. "What?!" I said. He said Bilbo's adventure was nothing compared to the adventures in The Lord of the Rings! Needless to say I was very intrigued. He had a few different LOTR sets and said I could borrow one if I wanted, but when I saw the size of them and all the reading I would have to do...I decided it wasn't worth it. I still kick myself for that. The Hobbit remained my favorite book ever, but I lost touch with all things Middle Earth, then when the movies came out it completely revived my interest. One day I was thinking to myself about how I just couldn't get enough with the movies alone and it dawned on me...why don't I read the books? Well, duh! At that point I was totally excited to jump right back in where I left off with my reading and plop myself right back down in Middle Earth where I belong! :-) Since then I've read LOTR multiple times(lost count), along with several other Tolkien books
Favorite Tolkien character: Gandalf
Homepage: http://www.myspace.com/savieu
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.