Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: labadal

labadal
Title: Rivendell
Last Logon: Dec 26 2013, 11:29am
Location: A nice hole in the ground in Hobbiton or out in the Wilds.
Local Time: 9:59 pm
Interests: Archaeology. I'm currently studying Archaeology and it is largely because of my interest in Tolkien that I am doing so. Tolkien introduced me to his myths and history of middle earth and from there I because interested in the mythology and history of this world which led me to an interest in Archaeology. I want to be an experimental archaeologist one day. Medieval reenactment. I am part of various societies who do shows in the summer. I like to fight with pole weapons, do archery or do various medieval crafts such as leatherwork, blacksmithing and weaving. I also REALLY want to joust one day. READING! Especially Tolkien! Also Discworld, Niel Gaiman and various other fantasy books. Music. Every chance I get I play a tune on anything I can find. I play violin (fiddle), tenor banjo and irish whistle and I love traditional fiddle tunes. I want to pick up Bassoon and various medieval instruments. Animal stuff, horse riding -jousting- , dog training etc. I am also a vegetrian and animal rights supporter. I could be called a tree hugger. Art and crafts. Sketching, panting and drawing mostly. I also do medieval illuminations - gold leaf and the like. Costuming. I can't resist the fun of walking around as a hobbit or wearing elven dresses. Much more fun than normal clothes. Cartography: I love to draw Middle Earth maps.
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: I first read LOTR in full when I was about 12. I read the Hobbit when i was about 10 but It took seeing the movies of LOTR to inspire me to read the books. From then on I have been a total Tolkien freak!!!!!!!!
Favorite Tolkien character: Peregrine Took! Hobbits love mushrooms and plants so what else is there really to need to know! They can also be awesome fighters. Hobbits just have such a peaceful and simple existence but a Took has a bit of adventure in them. Pippin has a great sense of humour too and is played by a fellow Scotsman. Treebeard because he is an ent and once again loves plants but he is also a ferocious fighter when his mind is put to it. I love the symbolism of Ents Fighting Industry, if only the forest really did fight back. Aragorn/Strider because of his pure skill with a blade and his courage.
Homepage: http://emma-hobbit.deviantart.com/
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Cabbages and Potatoes
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.