Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: cloudland

cloudland
Title: Bree
Last Logon: Oct 21 2009, 4:35pm
Date of Birth: 1960-07-25
Local Time: 6:56 pm
Interests: Tolkien of course. :D I also love poetry and write occasionally. I have written some Tolkien inspired pieces and if I get brave enough may post them. My other passion is gardening and I am also a photographer.
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: I was first introduced to LoTR by my husband. In the past I read fantasy and sci-fi quite regularly but looked at the Houghton Mifflin edition of LOTR and said 'later.' When the FoTR came out of course I had to go. The previews looked fantastic and my husband wanted to go too. After seeing it, I realized I was hooked on the story and drove my husband mad with questions. I found sites involved with the movie such as ToR.n but did not allow myself to read spoilers. My mind was made up to remain spoiler free including avoiding the books After watching RoTK I set about reading the books and fell in love with Middle-earth. I've since read everything Tolkien has written about M-e and Arda. I could go on and on about Tolkien's work but will save it for the forum.
Favorite Tolkien character: "Gil-galad was an Elven-king. Of him the harpers sadly sing: the last whose realm was fair and free between the Mountains and the Sea." Why: I think it is because I know much but not enough about this charismatic figure. He was strong and insightful. With Elrond he rejected Sauron and his evil invitation. He knew enough to join forces with Elendil to form the last alliance with men to march on the Dark Tower. Sadly, that was the end of Gil-Galad.
Homepage: http://thoughtsfromerynlasgallen.blogspot.com/
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.