Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: annathepiper

annathepiper
Title: Registered User
Last Logon: Jan 21 2014, 3:20pm
Date of Birth: 1969-01-23
Local Time: 5:04 am
Interests: I'm a fantasy author, writing under the names of Angela Highland and Angela Korra'ti. But I'm also a passionate fantasy reader, and Tolkien was among the very first fantasy novels I ever read. I'm also an amateur musician and a huge fan of Newfoundland and Quebecois traditional music. I play flute and a little guitar, mandolin, and bouzouki, and when I'm not writing, I go to Quebecois sessions and am working on learning French!
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: My sixth grade English class read The Hobbit, and I was very much blown away at the time. When I discovered the existence of The Lord of the Rings, I was all "WHAT THERE'S MORE?!" and dived happily into reading that too. I still have my sixth-grade copy of The Hobbit, including the unicorn sticker on the inside cover with my name written on it in pencil.
Favorite Tolkien character: Luthien Tinuviel, no question, hands down. The tale of Beren and Luthien is my all-time favorite Tolkien story, partly because of the powerful love story, and partly because of it being so integral to how a lot of the rest of the history of Arda went down. Plus, for me as a reader, she's Tolkien's strongest female character.
Homepage: http://www.angelahighland.com/
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.