Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: SirGandalf

SirGandalf
Title: The Shire
Last Logon: Jun 1 2011, 4:17pm
Date of Birth: 1989-10-09
Local Time: 8:12 pm
Interests: Writing, filmmaking, acting. I love to write - short stories, plays, screenplays, a bit of poems ... and, of course, someday I intend to write a huge fantasy epic; I know it will never be as good as the work of The Professor, my dream is to write the next-best thing - I often look at modern fantasy and think: I can do better than that! So, that's the dream. An equally important dream is to become a filmmaker, writing, directing, producing and starring in films (not all at once, though). In both cases, The Lord of the Rings is perhaps the No. 1 inspiration - my all-time favourite book and my all-time favourite film (FOTR). Obviously, I read a lot - I'm studying comparative literature - and see bunches of films. I am mostly into English literature and American films and an all-round Anglophile. I also listen to music, primarily classic hard rock/heavy metal like Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath. I watch and absolutely love The Simpsons, I laugh a lot, I make speeches whenever I have the chance, and I try to be a good friend to the wonderful people who have bestowed their friendship upon me. :)
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: My mother began reading to me at a very young age, and at some point she got to The Hobbit. I loved it and wanted to go on. LOTR was too long for bedtime reading, my mother thought, so I began reading it by myself when I was 9 years old. I LOVED it. It took me about a year (with a break in the middle of The Two Towers). When I put it down, I decided to become a writer. The ambition has not changed to this day.
Favorite Tolkien character: Gandalf - the magic, the wit, and the wisdom make him an extremely exciting character, while the humour and the occasional anger, sorrow, and fear make ham a believable, deep, human character. He is someone I both completely admire and can relate to. He is my favourite character in all of literature. After I saw FOTR, Sir Ian McKellen immediately became my favourite actor in film history, and so he remains to this day. What a brilliant, rare chance - my favourite character played by my favourite actor. I am truly blessed. :D P.S. This duo of Sir Ian McKellen/Gandalf explains my name. Although you have probably cracked that one by now. ;)
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: dmitridoubrovski@yahoo.com

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.