Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: Ryan Kurt

Ryan Kurt
Title: The Shire
Last Logon: Mar 27 2019, 7:05pm
Local Time: 2:40 am
Interests: I have several interests which span across a number of areas of study. Obviously, I am very interested in the fiction of Middle-earth, including Tolkien's own works as well as Peter Jackson's film adaptions and the innumerable works of art, music, poetry, and prose that have been inspired by The Lord of the Rings. This has developed over the years into a general appreciation for the fantasy genre, although I do not engage in much extra-Tolkien fantasy reading. Also of great interest to me is the study of music; music theory, composition, and history. I am a flute player, and dabble with the keyboard. I have collected and play instruments ranging from the modern concert flute to Irish whistles, recorders, and ocarinas. I am a woods dweller, and enjoy few things more than getting out for a good walk under the trees. I have enjoyed developing my woodsman skills over the past couple of years, skills such as primitive fire starting and utilizing woodland products. First and foremost in my life is my Christian faith, though I mention it last. The study of theology is a primary interest of mine, and something which I dedicate no small amount of thought to.
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: My first experience with the written works of J.R.R. Tolkien occurred in my later grade school years, when I took a school trip to the local library and picked up a copy of 'The Hobbit'. I remember that it was a 50th anniversary edition of the text. I did not get very far before I had to return the copy, but that Christmas I acquired my own paperback, which I finished in four days. Never before had I been so absorbed in a book. It touched off my great love for fantasy, and Tolkien's Middle-earth continues to exert a not-insubstantial effect on my personal aesthetic.
Favorite Tolkien character: Gandalf. My favorite character is most definitely Gandalf. His character is exceedingly noble, almost Christ-like, and I find encouragement from it in my everyday life. Also, wizards are devastatingly fantabulous people.
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Cabbages and Potatoes
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.