Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: Jonathan the Elf

Jonathan the Elf
Title: Rivendell
Last Logon: Nov 19 2011, 5:47am
Local Time: 4:09 am
Interests: My name is Jonathan Greenleaf Brauchli I’m a born again Christian and an unworthy servant by God’s grace. Also know as the Jonathan the Elf seeing as I am tall, a huge Middle-Earth Elf fan, familiar with the Elvish dialect Quenya, and also because I won’t shut up about my favorite character Legolas. My main joy is literature; I spend much time reading and writing Mythology and fantasy. My favorite writers are J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Dickens, Homer, and C.H. Spurgeon.
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: “Nothing quite like it was ever done before”, wrote CS Lewis shortly after publication of the first installment of his friend J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic Lord of the Rings. My first taste of Tolkien was the Hobbit and Love it so much I read it again and again. Then my friend told me about The Lord of the Rings and so I thought I’d give it a go. Little did I know it would change my life forever. Why before I got through the first book of the Fellowship it was my favorite book second only to the Bible and Tolkien my favorite author. From that moment on I was a Tolkien fanatic. Willing to defend Tolkien and his writing from unimaginative critics to the end. I’ve since read numerous other writings by Tolkien, Lewis, and Homer. I owe a lot to my friend for introducing me to Tolkien. And a lot to Tolkien for changing my life completely. Thanks!
Favorite Tolkien character: Legolas: Ever since I read the Hobbit, my first taste of Tolkien, I liked Elves. Then later when I read the Lord of the Rings I liked them even more and by the time I had finished the Silmarillion I decided that Elves where my favorite. And Legolas being the main Elf was my favorite not only because I like Elves. But because of his noble character. Which Aragorn, my second favorite, has as well? My favorite Elvan realm is Lorien. I also really really like Galadriel a lot. But if you don’t agree of understand these reasons then another GREAT reason for liking Legolas is that he’s AWSOME! And he’s very good looking.
Homepage: http://whenshuttersfly.com
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: Jonathan@whenshuttersfly.com
IRC nickname: Jonathan the Elf

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.