Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: Finduilas

Finduilas
Title: Bree
Last Logon: Jun 15 2011, 3:28am
Local Time: 6:54 am
Interests: music, sewing, painting, writing, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: when i was little i wanted to watch the movies because my friends were into them, but my dad wanted me to read the LOTR books before watching the movies. So he gave me the hobbit and i tried; i really enjoyed it until the end, when i got confused at the battle. In frustration, i gave up and just forgot about LOTR for years, until my friends started getting into it again. So i came to my dad again, told him i did not want to read the books and he said fine. So i watched the Movies and guess what:i started reading the books before i finished the movie! The only book i had on hand the night after i began the Fellowship was the Hobbit. So, i began reading reading that from the middle to the end. By the time i had gotten to the end i was able to get my hands on the Two Towers. I read the Two Towers, then the Return of the King, then the Fellowship, and then read the the first half of the Hobbit. When i first read the Lotr, i skipped some of the parts about Aragorn and skipped to the Frodo and Sam story. I came back to them, though, when i had "finished" the books. I enjoyed seeing the differences in the books from the movies. I loved the Arwen Aragorn story in the book. Made me cry quite a bit.
Favorite Tolkien character: I have three i cant decide on: Eowyn, Galdriel, and Arwen. Galadriel has a very long story that most people dont know about and thus dont appreciate. Arwen's story is just to beautiful for her not to be one of my favs. Eowyn has a complicated story. I think that she is under appreciated because she doesnt shine like the elves, or do cool stunts, or anything like that. I must mention, though, that in my opinion the act of destroying the Witch King is her ultimate act, doing what men could not; and, no, im not a feminist! I just love the significance that the one time a woman goes into battle, she does something that men couldn't do. Its like she was MEANT to do that. Its almost as if, throughout her life time, her character embodies female nature in general. just my opinion though ( and, man! i hoped i explained that well enough) This is only a list of my favorite LOTR characters; i have a whole other set of favs from other stories. I just dont want to get to lengthy here, though.
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.