Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: Caralirani

Caralirani
Title: Registered User
Last Logon: Oct 22 2013, 8:54am
Local Time: 8:45 pm
Interests: Various musical instrument interpretations, electronic gadgets and knicknacks, I also harbor a secret love of writing fanfiction though I haven't posted anything online in years (Iusually just keep it in my notebook)
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: My mom bought me a box set when I was 10yrs old including the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I didn't read the Hobbit until I was 11 and I admit it didn't immediately stand out to me, but I liked the book. I tried to read the Fellowship at that time, but I couldn't get past the meeting of Tom Bombadil. I guess I just didn't comprehend it very well then. When I was a freshman in high school I found we were going to play The Lord of the Rings for our marching show (this was about a year before the films, Howard Shore's music wasn't around then). I spent about 3 days trying to read the Fellowship, pushing my way through. When I got to the Council of Elrond, everything just seemed to click and I read all the way through the trilogy in just under a week. You can imagine how excited I was to hear that the first of the films was coming in just under a year after that. My love of Toilkien's works has only expanded since then.
Favorite Tolkien character: Before I even knew who Orlando Bloom was, I liked Legolas's character the best. And not in a omg-he's-so-hot-I-just-want-to-drool kind of way (that came later when I saw Orlando's enterpretation ;) It was because Elves were immortal, beautiful, highly intellegent beings, and they were so intune with art, music, and nature. Really they were intune with themselves. I loved the Elvish alphabet as well, the letters were so artistic which appeals to me as I love caligraphy. Legolas was the one Elf I "saw" the most of in the books. Sure at first he was a little arrogant towards Gimli, but he showed nothing but kindness to the hobbits, and eventually overcame any enimity towards Gimli as well. I also thought archery was one of the coolest things then too.
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Elves and Dragons
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.