User Profile: Aunt Dora Baggins

Aunt Dora Baggins

Aunt Dora Baggins's Portrait URL

Title: Immortal
Last Logon: Mon, 5:42pm
Date of Birth: 1956-00-00
Local Time: 1:48 pm
Interests: folk dancing folk music writing sundials labyrinths
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: It began through a pen-pal: she wrote to me about The Hobbit in 1969, when I was 12. I loved it because it reminded me of my beloved Oz books. My parents got me FotR for my 13th birthday. Neither they nor I realized it wasn't a stand-along book. I got to the end and thought "what--?!" TTT was checked out of the junior high library, so I read RotK next. I had no idea who Faramir or Eowyn were, but I loved it anyway, and went back and picked up TTT afterward.
Favorite Tolkien character: Well, I've always had a huge crush on Aragorn, because of his self-effacing humor in The Prancing Pony, when he says, "And I look foul and feel fair" and laughs. That laugh won me. But there are so many wonderful characters, especially Frodo and Sam and Gandalf and Faramir and.... and after reading the Essay on Fairy Stories, I realized I loved the Professor himself, who is really in all the characters.
Homepage: http://www.angelfire.com/my/zelime
Less Filling or Tastes Great: Tastes Great
Elves and Dragons or Cabbages and Potatoes: Cabbages and Potatoes
Email: leleni at hotmail etc.
Yahoo Identity: KarenSDR

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.