Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums:
User Profile: Artanis

Artanis
Title: Rohan
Last Logon: Jul 25 2022, 4:32am
Date of Birth: 1975-09-29
Local Time: 8:00 pm
Interests: I'm a thirty-something who loves reading, walks in the countryside, chocolate, cups of tea, hobbits and elves and thats about it really!!!!!!
First Lord of the Rings reading experience: I sped through it so fast and was like "Wow I want to do that again"!! This will perhaps sound silly but I love being out in the countryside, but now as well as enjoying the fresh air my mind is imagining (and half hoping I will see) elves darting between the trees, or a hobbit or two enjoying a pik-nik on the grass. I almost don't want to say reading it changed me as it sounds so glibe, but it did.
Favorite Tolkien character: In the book I think Sam, Frodo and Eowyn, and oops almost forgot Faramir. In the movies Eowyn, Merry and Pippin. I love the friendship and courage that Sam and Frodo have, their loyalty and desire to do the right thing. In the film I love Merry and Pippin and despite being a little bit "cute" at the start, at the end they are ready to die for their friend...what a sacrifice. Eowyn in both the film and books just comes across as such an interesting character. I enjoyed the way she was portrayed in the film. I liked the way Aragorn found that there was honor to be had in her duties even if it was not wielding a sword. Finally, Gollum in the films and books...do I need a reason!!!!??
Email: No email entered.

Search all forums for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.