The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
One Ring Celebration

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2007, 3:11pm

Post #1 of 14 (2653 views)
Shortcut
One Ring Celebration Can't Post

I don't think any Moots are planned during ORC weekend, but if you're going and would like to meet up at some point, let me know.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2007, 7:35pm

Post #2 of 14 (2166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [deej] One Ring Celebration [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not yet sure if I'll be there on Saturday (depends on how my little sister is doing), but I will be there on Sunday. :)

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2007, 8:58pm

Post #3 of 14 (2160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ainu Laire] One Ring Celebration [In reply to] Can't Post

Very cool - i'll be there for at least the first part of Sunday, so we should definitely try to meet up. Smile

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 19 2007, 3:00am

Post #4 of 14 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Yup, I'm planning on attending (just need to buy my appropriate tickets). Since it's so much closer this year I'm just going to drive down each day. Yay!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

Joelle
Bree

Feb 19 2007, 4:49am

Post #5 of 14 (2143 views)
Shortcut

It's kinda strange actually, a couple days ago it was basically inconcievable for me to go, but things fell into place so I'll be be there for one day (probably Saturday)

"In the end the shadow is only a small and passing thing; there is light and high beauty forever beyond its reach"- J.R.R Tolkien

TheLonelyIsle.net
My pseudofiction novel

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2007, 7:19pm

Post #6 of 14 (2105 views)
Shortcut
FYI [In reply to] Can't Post

Billy Boyd's band Beecake (say *that* 5 times fast) will playing another show the weekend of ORC:

March, 9 2007 at The Hotel Cafe L.A.
1623 1/2 N. Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90028
Cost : tbc

Frodo_for_President

Mar 3 2007, 8:39pm

Post #7 of 14 (2090 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thursday evening, Friday evening, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again... wish more people were coming, but I might see everyone at the Atlanta TORn w00tMoot at Dragon*Con in August too :)

Frodo_for_President

Mar 3 2007, 8:42pm

Post #8 of 14 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the heads-up deej! I love the Hotel Cafe, great place to see bands. I have to help out with the costume masquerade that night, but I can't imagine it going on for TOO long. If anyone wants to go, I can probably drive some people into Hollywood.

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2007, 9:52pm

Post #9 of 14 (2078 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine the costume contest going on until 11p.m. either, so I hope you can make it.

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2007, 1:05am

Post #10 of 14 (2077 views)
Shortcut
Another FYI... [In reply to] Can't Post

The schedule for ORC is finally up!

CAhobbit
Rohan

Mar 7 2007, 2:32am

Post #11 of 14 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

The lack of scholar tracks is disappointing (but unsurprising given the low turn-out for most of those in the past). Still though, those were some of my favorite parts of the past two ORCs. But, other than that there's some interesting things to pick and choose from.

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Frodo_for_President

Mar 7 2007, 2:41am

Post #12 of 14 (2112 views)
Shortcut
I expect to see you at all the Sideshow panels... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue Yes, there will be free stuff (at the one at 6:00pm on Saturday) Cool

Can't wait to see ya again!

CAhobbit
Rohan

Mar 7 2007, 2:59am

Post #13 of 14 (2090 views)
Shortcut
As if.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would pass up Sideshow panels. Can't wait to see you and everyone again.

It's been such a loooong time since I saw you last Ms. Frodo_for_president. Tongue

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2007, 6:30pm

Post #14 of 14 (2378 views)
Shortcut
What a great weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was really nice seeing old friends (CAHobbit, Frodo for Prez, Garf, Joelle) not to mention meeting some new sibs (Ainu Laire, Rosamund B among many others!). I have to say there were more people there than I thought there would be, and it seemed more laid back than previous conventions. Billy, Andy and David were all charming, funny, and very nice, and Andy said during his panel that it was one of the nicest cons he'd been to (he swore he wasn't just saying that, either!). Beecake, Billy's band, rocked the house both in LA and at ORC, and if you haven't heard them yet check out their MySpace page - I think you'll be in for a treat.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.