Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit #1... #2.... uh... 3... 4... 5... ad infinitum?! ACK!....
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

May 22 2008, 12:40pm

Post #26 of 30 (510 views)
Shortcut
Don't kill me but... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I would actually watch a Gardening show hosted by Sam Gamgee. Well, if Sam were played by Sean Astin, who has respect for Sam's character and the whole Shire lifestyle, anyway. Sometimes when I get out my EE boxed set I just go through and watch nothing but the scenes that take place in the Shire - but then, I am a bit of a nut... (oh, wait, that doesn't really make me stand out much around here, does it? Sly )

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 23 2008, 1:25pm

Post #27 of 30 (485 views)
Shortcut
I really wouldn't sweat about the "franchise" statement [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ, for his part, has always had this two-film idea from as far back as I can remember (I think it was an AICN interview back in 2006(?) where he first mentioned this idea of two films if he got the chance). And I'm pretty sure Sloan was sold on PJ not only because of the ideas he laid out, but also because he STILL knows (unlike maybe some people like *cough* Shaye) that with PJ attached to a Tolkien project, half the battle of capturing Tolkien on film is already won, atleast for the existing movie fanbase that obviously loves PJ despite the flaws of his LOTR adaptation.

Any attempts to convert this into a "franchise" would require PJ to be attached to them in some way - and we all know that for PJ it isn't about the money/franchise, but dedication and passion for these stories. So unless Sloan acquires the rights to something else, I think from PJ's side, he'll pretty much have extinguished all major storylines by the time the companion movie is out and would not be inclined to adapt anything more from the Hobbit and the LOTR books.

What did interest me in this interview was what Mary Parent said: "'RoboCop" would be great in 3-D, as would something we're hoping to announce soon".

I don't want to jump to conclusions or start a rumour, but what other movies do they have on their plate right now that are on the path to pre-production and could soon be announced to be in 3D? Umm... a couple of hobbit films perhaps?

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

jimdorey
The Shire

May 23 2008, 4:07pm

Post #28 of 30 (476 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes - Hobbits in 3D and... [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly Earl! And I can't wait for MarketSaw to be vindicated in that regard. The Hobbits in 3D and perhaps a little bit more... LOTRs trilogy re-released in 3D. Imagine my excitement when my sources first told me about those!! :-P

Hurry up and announce it already Peter & Guillermo! Look forward to hearing more at the Q&A...

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 23 2008, 5:11pm

Post #29 of 30 (509 views)
Shortcut
But of course [In reply to] Can't Post

You should be on could nine when this announcement is made, and we'll be right up there with you Wink

And I know you asked them that question, so I hope they atleast hint at something in that area Blush

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

Patty
Immortal

May 23 2008, 5:40pm

Post #30 of 30 (508 views)
Shortcut
I would absolutely love this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm anxiously awaiting to see how Journey to the Center of the Earth looks as live action 3D. If The Hobbit is released this way, and LOTR re-released 3D it will be the closest to being in Middle-earth that I will ever come to. I remember watching Monster House in 3D with my grandkids and it looked like you could reach out and touch the leaves falling.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.