Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Oscars arent worthy..

irodino
Bree

May 22 2008, 11:41am

Views: 78
Shortcut
The Oscars arent worthy.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have just seen The Devil's Backbone, and was absolutely thrilled by it, visionary direction and movie. If the Hobbit has similar quality, then its not the question whether its worthy of the Oscars but whether the Oscars are worthy of this movie. After seeing Pan's labirynth, Cronos and now 'Backbone' GDT advanced to the top of my favorite directors list, and I have not the slightest doubt the Hobbit will set new standards of moviemaking.

And no PJ & GDT wont aim for any awards, they know I hope that movies that aim for awards are hollow and usually fall short and flat. The movie is a reward in itself. Critic awards are for the media.

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that terrible in-between."

Subject User Time
Will The Hobbit Films be "Oscar" worthy? jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey May 17 2008, 8:10pm
    It will, but the question is, will it be a winner? One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer May 17 2008, 8:15pm
        'Movies like LOTR always find their way into the Oscars'??? mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen May 18 2008, 6:28am
            What I mean, is fantasy always finds a way . . . One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer May 18 2008, 1:16pm
                Gravy Hellmistress Send a private message to Hellmistress May 18 2008, 1:58pm
                    I loved PJ's comments Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua May 18 2008, 11:15pm
                        I thought Ian McKellen fmaximus Send a private message to fmaximus May 19 2008, 4:27pm
                            Wasn't he nominated for Fellowship? Patty Send a private message to Patty May 19 2008, 4:44pm
                                Yes, he lost to Jim Broadbent. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand May 19 2008, 5:32pm
    No, it will be laughed out of theaters and lambasted by critics. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand May 17 2008, 9:00pm
    I'm indifferent entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 17 2008, 9:30pm
        Acting awards bookgirl13 Send a private message to bookgirl13 May 18 2008, 1:14pm
    "Eat 'em with popcorn!" said Bert. "No butter!" said Tom. squire Send a private message to squire May 17 2008, 9:33pm
        'without a serious bone in its body'?... mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen May 18 2008, 6:47am
    Nice post... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty May 18 2008, 12:44am
    I wouldn't mind, as long as they aren't done for that aim...// mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen May 18 2008, 6:51am
    When Peter Jackson filmed grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 18 2008, 1:15pm
    I think they will be well made... Patty Send a private message to Patty May 18 2008, 4:40pm
    I'm also hoping Elenedhel Send a private message to Elenedhel May 18 2008, 5:54pm
    Hobbit FrodoEyes Send a private message to FrodoEyes May 19 2008, 7:00pm
        I don't know if I completely agree with this, FrodoEyes... Patty Send a private message to Patty May 19 2008, 8:24pm
            Lots of fans N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand May 19 2008, 8:48pm
                I also think of it as one big film, however... Patty Send a private message to Patty May 19 2008, 9:05pm
    Who gives a rat's ***? Advising Elf Send a private message to Advising Elf May 19 2008, 7:35pm
        While I completely agree... Patty Send a private message to Patty May 19 2008, 8:27pm
            I admit it. Advising Elf Send a private message to Advising Elf May 19 2008, 8:39pm
    Worthy: YES, but will it have a chance?: NO Marionette Send a private message to Marionette May 19 2008, 8:05pm
    The Oscars arent worthy.. irodino Send a private message to irodino May 22 2008, 11:41am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.