Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What have you been reading this week?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Mar 15 2007, 4:50pm

Post #26 of 27 (91 views)
Shortcut
The third 'Alatriste' book [In reply to] Can't Post

'The Sun Over Breda' is the third 'Captain Alatriste' book to be translated into English and I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that the entire book is set during a long drawn-out seige with the Dutch in Flanders.The story is once again narrated by 'Inigo Balboa, the now 15yr old page to 'Alatriste' and the tone of the book is very dark, as you can imagine.The fighting is brutal and 'Inigo' tries to help 'Alatriste' while keeping himself alive during the many battles.'Alatriste is a very taciturn character and his thoughts are often kept to himself but he cares for 'Inigo' in his own way, none more so when the young page is in danger or being threatend.Their relationship is a strange one but very real in the way that they deal with each other.

It's a shame that the books can't be translated faster--the sixth book came out in Spain last December and I won't get to read that until 2010, unless I learn Spanish firstUnsure

This book also helped me understand the film a little better, too.Viggo is just magnificent as 'Alatriste'Heart

Elanor
Bree

Mar 20 2007, 3:16pm

Post #27 of 27 (201 views)
Shortcut
The Silmarillion. [In reply to] Can't Post

I read it a long time ago and have somehow misplaced my own copy so had to borrow from a friend. So annoying.

"Frodo thought for a moment. 'Well, Sam, what about elanor, the sun-star, you remember the little golden flower in the grass of Lothlorien?'"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.