Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Don't give them ideas!!!

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

May 1 2008, 12:42am

Views: 65
Shortcut
Don't give them ideas!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Even worse possibility: Beornbardagorn
This could be as bad as encountering Aragorn in lieu of Beorn (after their rescue by the Eagles) and Aragorn tagging along with the group for the rest of the quest.
or
Meeting Aragorn in lieu of Beorn, leaving the guy once they get inside Myrkwood and reusing Aragorn in Laketown instead of Bard to make sure that Smaug is killed by a relevant protagonist.
Worse case scenario if you ask me.

You're scaring me!!! (Covers eyes and ears to Make It Stop!)

Nice point though that The Hobbit movie would provide an opportunity to finally put to bed that idiotic question about "Well why couldn't they have just had one of the Eagles carry the Ring to Mt. Doom and drop it in?" Mad

In Reply To
2) Having the eagles could be an interesting opportunity to explain a bit their role in Middle-earth, making it easy for movie audience to understand why the Eagles couldn't have brought the fellowship (and the ring) to Mount Doom.
3) the whole Eagle rescue, their arrival at the Eagle's nests and their return down to earth has the potential for great comedy (Bilbo is forced to grab one of the Dwarves' legs and the poor fellow keeps saying "my legs! my legs!") and for beautiful scenery.

Subject User Time
thoughs on The Hobbit and Movie #2 keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 3:28am
    About Beorn's "-major- role in the Battle of Five Armies". N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Apr 30 2008, 4:43am
        learning more from a fan-fiction film... keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 4:59am
            Not even then. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Apr 30 2008, 5:22am
                Not even then... so true keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 5:52am
                    Indeed not! N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Apr 30 2008, 5:56am
                        It's interesting, N.E. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 30 2008, 5:31pm
        Beorn's role in The Battle Of Five Armies keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 5:13am
            Well N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Apr 30 2008, 5:25am
                The Battle Of Five Armies... show it or not? keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 5:38am
                    Not sure I agree about "epic" entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Apr 30 2008, 9:20am
                        sorry, but I think The Hobbit IS an epic book... and the Battle IS an epic battle keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 4:44pm
                            Definition(s) of "Epic" Mirabella_Bunce Send a private message to Mirabella_Bunce Apr 30 2008, 4:55pm
    Welcome to the boards! Aerin Send a private message to Aerin Apr 30 2008, 4:55am
        Hi Niskayuna! keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 5:40am
    If they make a movie on Aragorn then it should be a trilogy... Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 30 2008, 2:03pm
        Possible spoiler in my previous message Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 30 2008, 2:20pm
            Dol Guldur.. an obvious thing I forgot about... keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 5:15pm
                Wether in two movies or three, Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 30 2008, 5:23pm
    that Worrisome Sequel... Mirabella_Bunce Send a private message to Mirabella_Bunce Apr 30 2008, 4:43pm
        Some of GDT's interviews could reassure you Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 30 2008, 5:17pm
            so now there becomes a need for three movies! keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 5:36pm
                Beorn FrodoEyes Send a private message to FrodoEyes Apr 30 2008, 5:53pm
                Check out this thread Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 30 2008, 6:26pm
                    Beornagorn... not :) Mirabella_Bunce Send a private message to Mirabella_Bunce Apr 30 2008, 7:22pm
                        I fear Bardagorn more Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 30 2008, 8:23pm
                            Don't give them ideas!!! Mirabella_Bunce Send a private message to Mirabella_Bunce May 1 2008, 12:42am
                        Beornagorn NO! just Beorn... Aaragorn in his own movie ;o) keithf777 Send a private message to keithf777 Apr 30 2008, 11:39pm
            Perfect! I love it! Mirabella_Bunce Send a private message to Mirabella_Bunce Apr 30 2008, 7:06pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.