Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What if perhaps seeing the movies changed his mind?

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 28 2008, 12:22am

Views: 63
Shortcut
What if perhaps seeing the movies changed his mind? [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you Gramma. And I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned or thought of this, but a whole lot of us were never able to 'get into' LOTR when we first tried to read the books, way back - but seeing the films was what changed many people's minds completely. The films made me re-discover the books, appreciate them -- all of them, I wanted to read everything I could get my hands on. GDT didn't mention that happening to him, but, it sounds similar, and who knows, maybe he doesn't want to sound like he's "falling all over" PJ, or maybe he feels that saying the films influenced his change of mind, would raise a lot of red flags among Tolkien purists who did not like the films.

So I do wonder if seeing the trilogy influenced his opinion.

I have high hopes for the upcoming films. PJ and company and Howard Shore will all be there, many of the sets will be the same, many of the same actors, it'll be filmed in the same beautiful places, and best of all, there is again no Hollywood involved, at least not much. That was one of the key factors in making the trilogy as special as it was. GDT is an excellent director and given that same freedom, all the way over there in NZ... I'm sure his vision will bring about just as wonderful a result.

Subject User Time
Does GDT even like Tolkien? Gungnir Send a private message to Gungnir Apr 25 2008, 7:19pm
    Well Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 25 2008, 7:24pm
        Yes, but... Gungnir Send a private message to Gungnir Apr 25 2008, 7:27pm
            Why Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 25 2008, 7:30pm
                I think he does like Tolkien labadal Send a private message to labadal Apr 25 2008, 7:53pm
            I read something along those lines. Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Apr 25 2008, 7:59pm
    He does indeed love Tolkien Xoanon Send a private message to Xoanon Apr 25 2008, 8:04pm
    I would say he does now orcbane Apr 25 2008, 8:40pm
    LotR as a kid bettybalin Send a private message to bettybalin Apr 25 2008, 8:45pm
    Here's a similar quote from GDT disparaging hobbits. Curious Send a private message to Curious Apr 25 2008, 11:06pm
        It's worth listening to the podcast. Curious Send a private message to Curious Apr 25 2008, 11:29pm
    though his assertion that he prefers horror over heroics hatster Send a private message to hatster Apr 25 2008, 11:09pm
    I have a link where Compa_mighty grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 26 2008, 1:17am
        GdT Hellmistress Send a private message to Hellmistress Apr 26 2008, 1:38am
        Look at me Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2008, 5:32am
            Guillermo Forger Send a private message to Forger Apr 26 2008, 9:14am
        What if perhaps seeing the movies changed his mind? Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Apr 28 2008, 12:22am
    Why not ask him yourself? :-) Bombatones Send a private message to Bombatones Apr 26 2008, 1:35am
    *Some relavant & enlightening LINKs* Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Apr 26 2008, 11:10am
        Great set of links!! Thankyou!! Elven Send a private message to Elven Apr 26 2008, 11:24am
        *bookmarks* Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2008, 11:46am
            the love of growing things Gethsemane Send a private message to Gethsemane Apr 26 2008, 4:03pm
                Hmmm... mwirkk Send a private message to mwirkk Apr 27 2008, 12:25am
                    Yep, that's right. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Apr 27 2008, 12:29am
        Is the Salon podcast in your list of links? Curious Send a private message to Curious Apr 26 2008, 8:44pm
            thanks... are you sure... Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Apr 27 2008, 1:00am
                Sorry, here's the correct link to the podcast interview: Curious Send a private message to Curious Apr 27 2008, 1:40am
                    Thanks // Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Apr 27 2008, 3:29am
        Very nice! :) mwirkk Send a private message to mwirkk Apr 26 2008, 11:33pm
        A link to his latest post here. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Apr 27 2008, 12:19am
            Thanks NEB... Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Apr 27 2008, 12:54am
            Thank you N.E.B. i had missed that. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 27 2008, 3:16am
    Lovin' it Glaurung63 Send a private message to Glaurung63 Apr 27 2008, 1:37am
        same with Andy Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Apr 27 2008, 3:37am
    Speaking Personally... Voorhas Send a private message to Voorhas Apr 27 2008, 8:11pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.