Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Seems like old times! Welcome back!

Elizabeth
Valinor

Mar 14 2007, 4:02am

Views: 83
Shortcut
Seems like old times! Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

That chair has been looking awfully empty, of late. Glad you were able to find us in our spiffy new digs!

I don't have a lot to add to what everyone else has said about this drawing, except that unless I've missed it no one has compared Maddo to this drawing of Sauron's head and hand. As you say, Tolkien seems to have some fairly firmly fixed images in his head, and is capable of recycling them brilliantly as needed.

I think he must have been a wonderful daddy, always full of stories and drawings to entertain, comfort, or console as needed.

Queen Mary II approaching Honolulu harbor
February 9, 2007, 7:30 am

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Subject User Time
JRRT Artist and Illustrator: Chap. 3: # 1: Maddo NZ Strider Send a private message to NZ Strider Mar 12 2007, 8:51am
    Well, it's not as creepy as the hand that got posted a few days ago. GaladrielTX Send a private message to GaladrielTX Mar 12 2007, 12:50pm
        As a very young child Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 12 2007, 4:32pm
    "Maddo" is really scary to me, Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 12 2007, 3:34pm
        I don't like spiders and blobs a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Mar 13 2007, 10:44am
    Not sure what Tolkien was thinking Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Mar 12 2007, 6:00pm
    Suitably sinister? Wynnie Send a private message to Wynnie Mar 12 2007, 6:03pm
    Sauron's evolution drogo Send a private message to drogo Mar 12 2007, 11:40pm
        Tevildo reminded me less of "Puss in Boots" Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 13 2007, 5:07pm
            "The Colony of Cats". N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Mar 13 2007, 5:36pm
                Yes, that's it! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 13 2007, 7:13pm
    Welcome! Now, as to your questions, Curious Send a private message to Curious Mar 13 2007, 11:21am
    hand made less creepy by 'appearing' flat Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Mar 13 2007, 1:49pm
    Galleries with Art by Tolkien - revised Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Mar 13 2007, 1:54pm
        another gallery for your list Wynnie Send a private message to Wynnie Mar 13 2007, 2:16pm
            quickly Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Mar 13 2007, 3:04pm
        another gallery I just added Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Mar 13 2007, 2:42pm
    Seems like old times! Welcome back! Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Mar 14 2007, 4:02am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.