Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Feb 5 2015, 11:30pm

Post #76 of 81 (383 views)
Shortcut
You win the internet prize for today [In reply to] Can't Post

This made my day!

ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 6 2015, 4:50am

Post #77 of 81 (374 views)
Shortcut
thanks muchies for the info! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahhhhhh yaaaaaaaaas I tend to take pics at 300 dpi (after blowing one expedition by accidently having the camera set on "stupid mode" and getting lots of pixellated gerp, I make sure my originals are ginormous.

And yes, i was reducing them to 500 x <500 but at 200 dpi.

Erp.

So I shall try the image resizer, or even PS at 72 dpi.

It occurs to me that I post my originals on my tumblr, and I have 3 tumblrs: one for my photos, one for my art, and one for fandom and reblogs from the other two sites...

It has just occured to me that while my own tumblrs are rated G, the fandom one has reblogs which are quite lovely... except for some of the Language from other bloggers (urp).

Perhaps i should post my pics on the other two tumblrs, just in case...

The River of Denial is far too fun to not post pics!

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 7 2015, 3:51am

Post #78 of 81 (371 views)
Shortcut
have muddled around with some of the online image resizers... [In reply to] Can't Post

this one got me the best results... http://www.amagpiesnest.com/a/torn/PostingImages/ResizeOnline/Onlineediting.htm that's the Magpie recommended one... I could back up and resize before saving and look at the kb size.

Now I'm having type issues. The type has got all fuzzy.

I dithered around on Photoshop (I have 7) but there's no easy way to see what your kb size is until you've saved it. And what image slider thingie????????????????????? Did try the web saver, looks sort of OK, but again , where's my kb size ?????

To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Feb 8 2015, 5:20am

Post #79 of 81 (371 views)
Shortcut
I'm using an ancient version of PS on here... [In reply to] Can't Post

but when I click 'Save for Web', a side-by-side comparison preview opens up, and shows the kbs under each picture. Changing any dimension on the sidebar menu next to the side-by-side will change the kbs under the "after'" pic, so I always know what's happening. It's an ancient bargain edition of Photoshop, but it's easy to use, so I keep it.

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Feb 8 2015, 5:22am)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 8 2015, 4:54pm

Post #80 of 81 (360 views)
Shortcut
gotta love Photoshop! [In reply to] Can't Post

From what I've heard, you're just as good with an old version as one of the new fancy confusticating ones! Sly

Now that I look again, on the save as web feature; there's a window that says "optimized" . I see in the lower left corner it says "JPEG" and under that is 20.2K for the pic I have loaded... which should be well under the 45K tornsize...

My cat, Sindarin, ricocheted off my face at 5am... to which I responded, conversing like a mariner, GO BACK TO BED CAAAAT!!!

this morning I find an empty water bowl....

Blush

Unimpressed

oops...........

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 8 2015, 5:06pm

Post #81 of 81 (370 views)
Shortcut
smoothie recipe... [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hate cooking....

really really would rather be out there mucking about n a mosquito infested salt marsh... or on torn.

Here's what I throw in a blender to take to work, because no time to nuke anything there either...

a banana or two (preferably not green)

some pineapple from a can (packed in pineapple juice)

a handful of green stuff (spinach, real lettuce not that titanic sinking stuff)

whatever juice is leftover (apple, grape, cider, orange) just not that fake stuff full of corn syrup

ground flax meal (you'll never taste it)(omega 3s)

uncooked oatmeal (makes it thicker, adds whole grains)

plain Greek yogurt (ingredients: milk and friendly bacteria)

a dash of frozen vegetables (whatever's in the freezer)(broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, soybeans, whatever)

The fruit makes it sweet, the flax and oatmeal thicken it to the consistency of a milkshake, the other stuff is healthy and will keep you going on the River of Denial.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.