The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Server issues?

Kim
Valinor

Jan 30 2015, 11:18pm

Post #1 of 5 (1938 views)
Shortcut
Server issues? Can't Post

Is anyone else having issues accessing TORn today? Pretty much every time I click on a post, I get a time out error message "this page can't be displayed". When I refresh the browser (IE), the page comes up, but then it happens again when clicking on another post. I'm not having any problems with any other websites today. It's been doing this for about 6 hours. Help!

#OneLastTime

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 31 2015, 12:16am

Post #2 of 5 (1885 views)
Shortcut
I've had no problems, though I've only just logged on. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kim
Valinor

Jan 31 2015, 7:23pm

Post #3 of 5 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Seems to be ok today [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe my computer was tired, it was the end of the week after all. Laugh

#OneLastTime

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 31 2015, 7:34pm

Post #4 of 5 (1885 views)
Shortcut
I have those kinds of problems all the time [In reply to] Can't Post

It took me a while to figure out that it isn't TORn, it's my internet connection, and the pathetic Firefox.

Kim
Valinor

Jan 31 2015, 7:49pm

Post #5 of 5 (1921 views)
Shortcut
well, that was the weird thing [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't having a problem with any other site or my email, and when I've encountered it before on TORn, it doesn't last long, so I assumed it was due to heavy traffic on the site. On the other hand, there do seem to be gremlins in my modem and router that I haven't quite figured out yet, so apparently they only manifest here, probably because it's the site I'm on the most. Tongue

#OneLastTime

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.