The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Petition to make Silmarillion the movie(s) happen

Ilmatar
Rohan

Jan 30 2015, 7:13pm

Post #1 of 6 (581 views)
Shortcut
Petition to make Silmarillion the movie(s) happen Can't Post

I just came by this by some random link, and thought I'd put it here. Maybe it's not realistic to think that the Tolkien estate would change their minds no matter how many names in a petition (or maybe it would take some more eloquent persuading than simply "we wants it!"), but as a curiosity if nothing else, here it is - not that many names yet:

Silmarillion Petition

EarendilTheMariner
The Shire

Jan 30 2015, 11:50pm

Post #2 of 6 (446 views)
Shortcut
Silmarillion [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love for something like this, but I do not think the Silmarillion would be good movie material. This is not my idea, I saw it somewhere online, but I think the best way to do the Silmarillion would be a series of episodes, covering stories like Beren and Luthien, The Akallabeth and The War of Wrath, to name just a few. Not to discourage this, as I would love some sort of Silmarillion film, and would pay to see it in any form.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jan 31 2015, 6:28am

Post #3 of 6 (423 views)
Shortcut
Either a multi-season TV series or a movie franchise [In reply to] Can't Post

...would work, I think. Frankly, I lean towards a TV series, because the budgets and expectations aren't as great as for a movie franchise and they can concentrate more on character development and atmosphere.

Lindarielwen
Bree

Jan 31 2015, 1:25pm

Post #4 of 6 (407 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

There are over thirty battles in TS. Battles = blood in Peter Jackson's language. And I am not squeamish, I like blood when there isn't a constant flow.

The Silmarillion is never going to make a good movie, whoever makes it. Besides this, could it actually be possible that Christopher Tolkien will EVER sell rights to any movie director again after what happened with The Hobbit???

~*If I consistently reach out to people, to form relationships, to put persons above things, I will be named ‘beloved,’ and my heart and my life will expand to encompass sorrow with beauty, joy more than pleasure, faith, hope, and above all, love.*~

Gwytha
Rohan

Feb 1 2015, 4:40am

Post #5 of 6 (386 views)
Shortcut
Agree with the multi season tv series for the Silmarillion. [In reply to] Can't Post

There are stories inside the Silmarillion such as the tale of Beren and Luthien that would make good stand alone films but it would take many episodes to do justice to the story of the Silmarils, Feanor's oath and its terrible consequences which unfolded over the course of thousands of years. I would love to see a well done version of it. Whoever does it is going to have a lot of dialogue to create

Growth after all is not so much a matter of change as of ripening, and what alters most is the degree of clarity with which we see one another. -Edith Pargeter

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Feb 2 2015, 11:45pm

Post #6 of 6 (360 views)
Shortcut
Yes....signing the petition and this would [In reply to] Can't Post

be as awesome as the LOTR films..

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.