The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Possible article for homepage

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 27 2015, 11:40pm

Post #1 of 8 (2713 views)
Shortcut
Possible article for homepage Can't Post

I recently posted a rather lengthy essay at the Cubicle 7 forums about the Dwarven New Year and Durin's Day. I was thinking that it could be rewritten as an article for the TORn homepage. If you would like, read it over and tell me what you think.

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 28 2015, 12:06am

Post #2 of 8 (2673 views)
Shortcut
Your best move [In reply to] Can't Post

is to send it to spymaster at theonering dot net. There's a team of editors who review articles for the Home Page. They rarely check this page, so it's best to e-mail them.

Good luck!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 28 2015, 12:10am

Post #3 of 8 (2696 views)
Shortcut
Done. Thanx! [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 2:55pm

Post #4 of 8 (2587 views)
Shortcut
Attachments? [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been suggested that I might try to write an article myself and submit it. I've been to both the Contact Us page and the Got News? page, but I see no option on either for adding an attachment. Nor do I see a straight-up e-mail option for contacting the Spymaster that might let me add an attachment. So how would I submit an article?

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 3:30pm

Post #5 of 8 (2584 views)
Shortcut
Got it! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It has been suggested that I might try to write an article myself and submit it. I've been to both the Contact Us page and the Got News? page, but I see no option on either for adding an attachment. Nor do I see a straight-up e-mail option for contacting the Spymaster that might let me add an attachment. So how would I submit an article?

Altaira gave it in another thread: spymaster@theonering.net

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Mar 9 2015, 3:31pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 3:41pm

Post #6 of 8 (2582 views)
Shortcut
just fyi... this is basically the default contact email address for any subject matter [In reply to] Can't Post

The only other options are addresses for individuals.

So even though it can feel weird to send something to 'Spymaster' that isn't a spy report, it's the right avenue.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 3:44pm

Post #7 of 8 (2581 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

The e-mail address seemed almost too obvious to be correct (if you know what I mean). But I have it now.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 4:03pm

Post #8 of 8 (2574 views)
Shortcut
and fyi... that fyi was a general shoutout to the rest of the community. [In reply to] Can't Post

lol... I just personally did some wondering about this in the past and thought others might appreciate some reassurance. I realized that it might seem like I was guiding you further. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.