First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2015, 1:59am

Post #76 of 81 (143 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like that! Smile

BTW, I think this is where the Ice Chariot comes in. It is how Bilbo and co. get up to Ravenhill, methinks....

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2015, 2:02am

Post #77 of 81 (141 views)
Shortcut
kayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak yakity yak yak yak [In reply to] Can't Post

There are a lot of hull designs that are stable and yet agile enough to be efficient and easy to paddle (if it is as broad as a Dwarf Lady's skirts, and shaped like a bathtub it will paddle exactly like a bathtub...). If you dump while wearing a PFD, you'll bob right back to the surface where you can grab the boat. I almost never wear a sprayskirt either (though most come off the cockpit automatically). Much easier to paddle than a canoe, or rowboat, and faster.

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Kim
Valinor

Jan 27 2015, 2:29am

Post #78 of 81 (139 views)
Shortcut
Oooooh, pretty [In reply to] Can't Post

I like those a lot better than the barge I've got coming in the other thread. And yes, I think we'll need a fleet. Cool

#OneLastTime

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 27 2015, 2:30am

Post #79 of 81 (138 views)
Shortcut
Bring a kayak..to a float party...? COOL!!!!!!!! // *BYOK* [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have a kayak...and the hold will hold a lot of beer...........

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jan 27 2015, 2:30am)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2015, 2:34am

Post #80 of 81 (138 views)
Shortcut
ahhhh yaaaaasssssssss [In reply to] Can't Post

but the Herring Gull has nothing on these bad boys...

great black backed gull

"The king of the Atlantic waterfront, the Great Black-backed Gull is the largest gull in the world, with a powerful build and a domineering attitude. They harry other birds to steal their food and even hunt adult birds such as grebes and puffins. Adults are handsome with broad black wings, gleaming white head, and big yellow bill. North American populations were once severely threatened by the feather trade, but numbers rebounded in the twentieth century and they are now a common East Coast sight."
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/great_black-backed_gull/id

basically an eagle that can swim....

To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2015, 2:38am

Post #81 of 81 (149 views)
Shortcut
bird spam [In reply to] Can't Post

(ohhhhh nooooooo, the gulls have found our delicious goodies, HIDE THE POOL BOY!!!!)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.