sad news to share
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jan 24 2015, 5:15pm

Post #26 of 45 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Sending sympathy to her husband and family - [In reply to] Can't Post

her and her husband's names are on the list running round the edge of the TORn/Middle earth poster hanging on the wall behind me as I type; always to be in the company of other lovers of Tolkien's works.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2015, 5:50pm

Post #27 of 45 (1447 views)
Shortcut
This is sad news! [In reply to] Can't Post

My heart goes out to ordinaryhobbit and all her family - and to us, for our loss of such a delightful lady!

She was so sweet - Geeky Son and I had the privilege of dining with her and her family in New York, and fondly remember her as being, well, bubbly! Heart

Many *Hugs* to her family. Unsure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 24 2015, 6:21pm

Post #28 of 45 (1439 views)
Shortcut
So sorry. I wish [In reply to] Can't Post

so much that I had known her better. I wish her family peace and healing memories as they go through this very difficult journey.

Patty
Immortal

Jan 24 2015, 7:59pm

Post #29 of 45 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Such sad news... [In reply to] Can't Post

But thanks for informing us , Magpie.
I have never met her, but I remember enjoying her presence her on the boards.

Permanent address: Into the West

(This post was edited by Patty on Jan 24 2015, 8:00pm)

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2015, 9:44pm

Post #30 of 45 (1421 views)
Shortcut
So sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for passing on the news, Magie, and my sincere condolences to ordinaryhobbit and their daughter. She will be missed.

Storm clouds

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2015, 9:59pm

Post #31 of 45 (1416 views)
Shortcut
So sorry to hear this. [In reply to] Can't Post

She was a lovely lady, who'll be much missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones, including you, dear Magpie.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2015, 10:15pm

Post #32 of 45 (1422 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for lettng us know, Magpie. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's very sad news indeed. Rest in peace, HobbitLove.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2015, 11:23pm

Post #33 of 45 (1421 views)
Shortcut
I first met hobbitlve and ordinaryhobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

At the Chicago Symphony Moot. It was a moot that I organized with tealbee, and we were so excited. We worked really hard to welcome TORN folk, and the weekend went off really well. Hobbitlove and ordinaryhobbit drove in from Minnesota, and she was very nervous about meeting strangers. Typical with moots, within a very short time hobbitlove was feeling right at home, and she and her husband had a wonderful time. We all did.

I know I have pictures somewhere - I'll try to find them and post.

RIP, my friend, and all the best to the family.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 25 2015, 12:45am

Post #34 of 45 (1410 views)
Shortcut
I am so sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

I very much remember Hobbitlove. We had such wonderful conversations on Movie. I loved her QTNA posts - she was so kind, so warm with a wonderful sense of humor, and so friendly. I have so many happy memories of those times. She had a way of making the interactions so real and so meaningful. Everyone would join in and she always made it a happy conversation that left you smiling. She was a very lovely person and will be greatly missed. My heart goes out to her family, with my sympathy.

Altaira
Superuser

Jan 25 2015, 6:31am

Post #35 of 45 (1410 views)
Shortcut
Very sad news, indeed :-( [In reply to] Can't Post

Goodness. Such a loss for us and for her friends and family. Frown

I've greatly enjoyed Hobbitlove's posts, and those of her loving family, for so many years here. We'll miss her greatly as a valued member of our community. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but looking at the photos posted in this thread, I'm struck by how much she radiates joy and excitement and a love of life. It tells me that she was amazingly happy - with her life and her family, her friends and the things she enjoyed in her life. Those closest to her can, and should, derive a lot of comfort from that. Smile

Fare well, dear Hobbitlove. You left a legacy of love and friendship that won't be forgotten. Heart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2015, 3:30pm

Post #36 of 45 (1390 views)
Shortcut
Sorry to hear [In reply to] Can't Post

about this....never nice thing to read/hear......I remember both Hobbitlove and ordinaryhobbit....I didn't know then nearly as well as some, but I remember them as good, nice folks. Sad news indeed.

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Twitter - @DonryFetor
FB - https://www.facebook.com/donryfetortheouthouse
Instagram - donryfetor
Blog - donryfetorsouthouse.wordpress.com

Zmulady
Rohan

Jan 25 2015, 9:09pm

Post #37 of 45 (1384 views)
Shortcut
My friend [In reply to] Can't Post

This woman made a big impact on my life. I am privileged to have known her. Rest in peace my friend. Our Moots will never be the same.

In Reply To

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 26 2015, 1:37am

Post #38 of 45 (1371 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I'm so sorry. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do remember her, though I didn't know her at all well. Thank you for letting us know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2015, 3:10am

Post #39 of 45 (1355 views)
Shortcut
Sad news indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Her life and any suffering she had here is now over but for those that knew and loved her I'm sure there is a huge void. Rest in Peace dear lady. May you greet us when we too pass over and I know you will give us a big welcome and a hug.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you, Gandalf the Grey

Radhruin
Rohan

Jan 26 2015, 3:30am

Post #40 of 45 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Sad news indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

I was very sorry to hear this news. I will always remember the time I was blessed to spend with hobbitlove at our Minnesota moots and our trip to NYC. Wonderful memories for me. She was a lovely, lovely woman who had a beautiful smile and loving heart. My sympathy to her wonderful family. I know you will miss her, as will I.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2015, 4:46am

Post #41 of 45 (1354 views)
Shortcut
it seems [In reply to] Can't Post

she has left tracks in everyone's hearts

and that is a wonderful thing

to have left such a trail of lives touched

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jan 26 2015, 6:35am

Post #42 of 45 (1355 views)
Shortcut
So sorry to hear this :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Always loved Hobbitlove's QTNA posts and loved working with her and OrdHob on some of our special projects here.

She'll be sadly missed, such a lovely lady. My love, thoughts and prayers to OrdHob and LovesHorses and the rest of their family. Heart

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 26 2015, 8:28am

Post #43 of 45 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Sending my condolences [In reply to] Can't Post

to Hobbitlove's family, friends and everyone that she touched in her life.

While I didn't have the pleasure of knowing her, it has been lovely to read through all the positive and happy memories of her in this thread, and how she touched so many lives.

I hope the passage of time will help ease your sadness. In the meantime, I'm sending all my thoughts and support to Hobbitlove's friends and family.

Nuradar
Rohan

Jan 26 2015, 3:14pm

Post #44 of 45 (1339 views)
Shortcut
my condolences [In reply to] Can't Post

My condolences to ordinaryhobbit and the whole family.

Nuradar

sador
Half-elven

Jan 27 2015, 9:00am

Post #45 of 45 (1351 views)
Shortcut
That's shocking. [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember her well; one of the most warm and welcoming members of this forum, both friendly and willing to judge others in the best possible light. Her QTNA series were an epitome of all that is good on TORn - the friendliness; the willingness to learn from and teach each other; and the pure, undiluted joy of sharing a common love.

I've missed her posts over the last few years - they were always such a joy to read! But I reckoned that was the way of life: people join the forums and then drop out for a variety of reasons. But she was still involved - I remember her and ordinaryhobbit organising support for other 'TORnsibs' (did she coin that phrase? she surely did love it) in need.

Thank you, Magpie, for letting us know - and for the collected links, and the picture. And thanks to gramma and sil, too.

My condolences to ordinaryhobbit and love horses. May she rest in peace.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.