The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Did anyone else notice....

He is a wizard, you know!
The Shire

Jan 22 2015, 9:58pm

Post #1 of 9 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Did anyone else notice.... Can't Post

....all the LOTR end credits songs were sung by women and all the Hobbit end credits songs were sung by men? Something I just realized today.

By the way, I'm new here as of today! Glad to be here!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 22 2015, 10:13pm

Post #2 of 9 (541 views)
Shortcut
Mae govannen! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jan 22 2015, 11:42pm

Post #3 of 9 (480 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I had noticed that.Wink

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 22 2015, 11:43pm

Post #4 of 9 (470 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

(and yes)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 23 2015, 4:48am

Post #5 of 9 (395 views)
Shortcut
duh... [In reply to] Can't Post

must be musically imparied..

impaired

also can't ype

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jan 23 2015, 7:52pm

Post #6 of 9 (293 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! I do not want to be splitting hairs, but I think (but am not positive), [In reply to] Can't Post

that the 1st credit song at the end of the Fellowship was sung by a young boy who was part of a choir but sang solo. This was followed by a song by the incredible Enya. The whole Fellowship movie soundtrack is amazing!

Please, call me Ve.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 23 2015, 7:54pm

Post #7 of 9 (284 views)
Shortcut
Other way round, I think [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched it a couple of nights ago, and I think Enya comes before the boy. I think........

He is a wizard, you know!
The Shire

Jan 23 2015, 10:16pm

Post #8 of 9 (265 views)
Shortcut
Clarification! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that the 1st credit song at the end of the Fellowship was sung by a young boy who was part of a choir but sang solo. This was followed by a song by the incredible Enya. The whole Fellowship movie soundtrack is amazing!

On the soundtrack, "In Dreams" sung by a young boy comes before "May it Be" sung by Enya. In the actual movie, though, it's the complete opposite.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

"Do you wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not, or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"Thorin and Company at your service!"

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the keyhole."

"A box without hinges, key, or lid / Yet golden treasure inside is hid."

"I come from under the hill, and under hills and over hills my path has led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen."

"My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are like swords, my claws spears, the shock from my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"

"If more of us valued your ways - food and cheer above hoarded gold - it would be a merrier world."

"You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all."

Na Vedui
Rohan

Jan 24 2015, 11:14pm

Post #9 of 9 (231 views)
Shortcut
The boy's name [In reply to] Can't Post

is Edward Ross, according to the note on my soundtrack box, but I don't know anything more about him.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.