Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A rumour about the EE material is running through facebook TOLKIEN related pages

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jan 16 2015, 12:15am

Post #1 of 20 (2440 views)
Shortcut
A rumour about the EE material is running through facebook TOLKIEN related pages Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=1&theater

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 16 2015, 1:09am)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 12:32am

Post #2 of 20 (1274 views)
Shortcut
Nope, I don't buy it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Besides, there's no mention of Alfrid.

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Jan 16 2015, 12:41am

Post #3 of 20 (1126 views)
Shortcut
No Tauriel/Kili musical number, no care! n/m [In reply to] Can't Post

NAArP: Not An Ardent purist since Arda was dented

xxxyyy
Rohan

Jan 16 2015, 12:42am

Post #4 of 20 (1204 views)
Shortcut
I hope for this one... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Battle of the five armies extended.
Well... didn't see that coming!
:)

Anyway.
Real power of Elrond? Through Vilya maybe? Nice.
More about the Three elven Rings? Nice!!!

Ok, 10 months to go.

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Jan 16 2015, 5:48am

Post #5 of 20 (980 views)
Shortcut
I would love for all this to be true, but [In reply to] Can't Post

Who's the source and how would they know what's going to be in the EE? Nah, I don't buy it either.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jan 16 2015, 6:15am

Post #6 of 20 (920 views)
Shortcut
sounds like summarized stuff from the chronicles. [In reply to] Can't Post

plus Saruman has nothing to deal with Sauron,in the movie its All about Galadriel.

(This post was edited by NoelGallagher on Jan 16 2015, 6:16am)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jan 16 2015, 7:51am

Post #7 of 20 (879 views)
Shortcut
That's enough for another whole movie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like wishful thinking, to me.

Arannir
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 12:52pm

Post #8 of 20 (724 views)
Shortcut
Wishful thinking... [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't get my hopes up because a lot of this might make this a real and at least satisfying movie for me... but it imho simply is a list of the most commonly missed scenes.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 16 2015, 5:21pm

Post #9 of 20 (613 views)
Shortcut
Most of this could "fix" some issues with the film! [In reply to] Can't Post

But this is too good to be true...
I won't believe it just yet

Vocalist of the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 16 2015, 6:58pm

Post #10 of 20 (542 views)
Shortcut
Sounds good if it's true [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't count on this being accurate, but if it's true it sounds good. The only thing I can think to add is that they need to do something to wrap up the Thranduil's wife's necklace storyline. From what I've heard, many casual fans don't even know why Thrandy wants it much less that it belonged to his wife because they never told us about it in the actual movie.

"Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain
Your love will surely come find us
Like blazing wild fires singing Your name.

God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Halleluiahs be multiplied"

-"Multiplied" by Needtobreathe

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 7:47pm

Post #11 of 20 (504 views)
Shortcut
Sounds great. [In reply to] Can't Post

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jan 16 2015, 8:36pm

Post #12 of 20 (505 views)
Shortcut
underwhelming [In reply to] Can't Post

This actually sounds pretty underwhelming if it's true, and half of it is just Dol Guldur stuff. No mention of Bofur and Bilbo's scene, no mention of Bombur having a line (which Philippa Boyens hinted at), no mention of Bifur losing the axe in his head, no "everything I did, I did for them, no fate of Alfrid (not that I care about that), no new Bilbo scenes, no Radagast giving Gandalf his staff, no new Smaug attack scenes...

This just seems like a random list of things that any fan could come up with. And a fan that's only interested in the White Council it would seem...

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Jan 16 2015, 8:45pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 9:11pm

Post #13 of 20 (470 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I'm quite happy if Dol Guldur is left as it is... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm much more interested in seeing stuff about the other dwarves, the funeral, Beorn, Dain etc. I don't get why everyone wants to see more Dol Guldur? It was the worst part IMO, why would you want to see MORE of it??

I also don't think we need to see the staff scene. Gandalf got a new staff lots of times in LotR with no explanation and I quite like that there's a little mystery surrounding it. It would be a pretty boring scene anyway and not really necessary.

What I do think is necessary is a prologue - to ease the audience into it better, because the intro we got was just jarring and a bit confusing and felt messy. I think we need a better resolution, mainly explaining what happens to the gold and to the people of Laketown. Beorn needs a quick battle scene, because what we got was a real tease with no payoff. I'm quite happy to see Alfrid get comeuppance for his greed. Anything else is just a fun bonus and not really necessary.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jan 16 2015, 9:12pm)

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 9:36pm

Post #14 of 20 (450 views)
Shortcut
Yes to more Beorn. [In reply to] Can't Post

And more funerals and coronations.

But I can do without the rest. Especially not more of the battle. There was plenty of that already.

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

CathrineB
Rohan

Jan 16 2015, 10:04pm

Post #15 of 20 (426 views)
Shortcut
Ish [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly hope there's more to it than that. Do we even need more Dol Guldur scenes? If anything we need more Beorn yes, dwarves (don't get me started), fight scenes with said dwarves, the funeral (is a given).

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jan 16 2015, 10:56pm

Post #16 of 20 (391 views)
Shortcut
Love to see that !! [In reply to] Can't Post

xxxyyy
Rohan

Jan 17 2015, 1:20am

Post #17 of 20 (368 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Dol Guldur is the worst part BECAUSE is too short and edited by a ADHD sick person [In reply to] Can't Post

It lacks continuity, it lack content, it lacks an epic background... holy cow! all the Rings are in one place, exept the One, all the most powerful people in ME are there... and you do not develope and tak full advantage of that?
I just want 20 minutes of Dol Guldur "subplot" and 10 for the rest.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 17 2015, 1:38am

Post #18 of 20 (364 views)
Shortcut
You could be right... [In reply to] Can't Post

If the Extended Edition can somehow fix Dol Guldur, I'd very much like that to happen. But I personally think any extended stuff will just be more of what I didn't like Unsure. I hope you and the EE prove me wrong,though Smile

fiveforchaos
The Shire

Jan 18 2015, 12:30pm

Post #19 of 20 (224 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

What I want most out of the EE is more dwarves. It's actually all I wanted out of the films too. Think of all the heartfelt pre-battle scenes we could be witnessing.

[STARS}TyranT
The Shire

Jan 18 2015, 12:52pm

Post #20 of 20 (253 views)
Shortcut
Fake. [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously just a fabricated list. Don't fall for it.

Though many of the things on that list are no doubt true, but don't expect any extention with Sauron and Saruman.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.