The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TOLP: Friday Arrivals

pleiadeez7
The Shire

Jan 14 2015, 12:46am

Post #1 of 16 (4291 views)
Shortcut
TOLP: Friday Arrivals Can't Post

Hi folks! I will be flying in to L.A. Friday morning, arriving around 10:30 am. I'm staying at the Best Western. If anyone wants to meet up to share a ride just let me know. I don't mind hanging around for a bit waiting for folks on later flights.

Very excited to go to the party and meet all of my fellow Tolkien enthusiasts!

Janet

MistyMountain
Lorien

Jan 14 2015, 3:11am

Post #2 of 16 (4126 views)
Shortcut
roomie needed? [In reply to] Can't Post

I also am planning to fly in friday, leave monday. Still trying to decide on where to stay -- Airbnb is cheap but sharing a room at the Best Western would be roughly comparable ($265 per person for three nights in a room with double beds).
Do you need/want a roomie? No sweat if you say no. But I would love to share a ride to your hotel since the Airbnb place I am looking at is also very nearby and I could easily walk there. So excited!

Ingrid
TORn name: Misty Mountain

pleiadeez7
The Shire

Jan 14 2015, 1:26pm

Post #3 of 16 (4120 views)
Shortcut
Roomie needed [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm willing to consider a roomie. :) Tell me about yourself. Where are you from? What do you do for a living? Ever been to LA before? What's your sign? LOL

MistyMountain
Lorien

Jan 14 2015, 2:59pm

Post #4 of 16 (4111 views)
Shortcut
my story [In reply to] Can't Post

My name is Ingrid and I am 50 years old. I work as a veterinary assistant in Westchester County north of NYC. I am a book-firster having read LOTR when I was around 15 years old. I work the renaissance faire in Tuxedo, NY in the summers so already have appropriate hobbity clothing and may wear it at the party. Will bring regular formal dress in case I change my mind.
I plan to fly in Friday and leave Monday. I have never been to LA and want to have at least one day to see some sights, most notably the LA zoo as I was formerly a zookeeper at the Bronx Zoo. My sign is Aries.

pleiadeez7
The Shire

Jan 14 2015, 4:21pm

Post #5 of 16 (4106 views)
Shortcut
If you're game... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ingrid,

I'm Janet, also 50 years old, from Houston, Texas. I had never heard of Tolkien until I saw LOTR. Now I proudly call myself a Tolkienite having read LOTR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales and, of course, watched the movies too many times to count...I need a 12 step program! I was looking at Hobbit garb online last night but don't know if I'm feeling that brave; plus I've already spent a bloody fortune on this trip!

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Here's the deal...My 30 year old niece is traveling with me. I've discussed this with her and she's fine with us having a roomie. She and I have bunked together on many a trip so that's no big deal. If you're okay with it, we're okay with it. It's your call. We fly in Friday morning and fly out on Tuesday morning.

The "sign" question was a joke, but I'm a Pisces. LOL

Let me know what you decide.

Janet

Pleiadeez7

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 14 2015, 4:57pm

Post #6 of 16 (4101 views)
Shortcut
This is awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great that the two of you can connect. Be aware that sharing too much personal information here is a risk since there are many thousands of lurkers (automated as well as real-life people). At a certain point, you'll want to move to PM to share details.

Have a wonderful time at the party!

MistyMountain
Lorien

Jan 14 2015, 8:11pm

Post #7 of 16 (4095 views)
Shortcut
sounds good [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's talk in private message about details. I have not yet booked my flights -- I will let you know the details once I make the reservation.

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 14 2015, 9:25pm

Post #8 of 16 (4091 views)
Shortcut
I might take you up on your offer of ride-sharing! [In reply to] Can't Post

On Friday at least. I'm coming back on Sunday.

I haven't made my flight arrangements yet. LAX, I presume?

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

pleiadeez7
The Shire

Jan 15 2015, 12:46am

Post #9 of 16 (4100 views)
Shortcut
ride share [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there. Yes, we fly in to LAX Friday morning around 10:30.

Pleiadeez7

namadriel
Lorien

Jan 15 2015, 6:02pm

Post #10 of 16 (4060 views)
Shortcut
Roomie & Ride Share [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,
I'm coming in on Friday as well - arriving about 10:30am. I'm totally up for a ride share.
I would also like to share a room with someone to save costs. I'm staying until Monday. I'm a pretty decent person to share a room with - I don't snore (and I'm easy to wake up if I do).
-Sara

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 15 2015, 6:49pm

Post #11 of 16 (4057 views)
Shortcut
Okay, so apparently Denver has one flight to LAX in the morning. [In reply to] Can't Post

I arrive at 9:30 a.m. Or else I have to wait until later in the afternoon.

Oh well, I'll just bring a book and hang out waiting for everyone else.

We can exchange cell phone numbers and stuff, and text selfies to each other so we'll recognize everyone. Cool

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

pleiadeez7
The Shire

Jan 15 2015, 7:39pm

Post #12 of 16 (4059 views)
Shortcut
transportation [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure what the transportation options are. I'll call Best Western to see if they have a shuttle.

Pleiadeez7

Sarabee12

Jan 16 2015, 4:47am

Post #13 of 16 (4039 views)
Shortcut
Hey I'm from colo too [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet Colorado

Greenwoods

Jan 17 2015, 7:02am

Post #14 of 16 (4048 views)
Shortcut
Hi there [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm driving in on Friday and am staying at the hotel across the street (Best Western was full), but maybe we could meet up on Friday? I'm a solo traveler, too. I'm a librarian and we are generally agreeable Hobbity sorts of people.

pleiadeez7
The Shire

Jan 17 2015, 1:48pm

Post #15 of 16 (4071 views)
Shortcut
Friday [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that would be lovely. :-)

Pleiadeez7

kateflyer

Jan 23 2015, 10:21pm

Post #16 of 16 (4087 views)
Shortcut
Also a Friday arrival [In reply to] Can't Post

I am also arriving on Friday at 11:30am. I am a solo traveler and would love to join your little group! I work in an office right now but just applied to grad school.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.