The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Flu is going around and

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 4:17pm

Post #1 of 4 (142 views)
Shortcut
Flu is going around and Can't Post

besides flu vaccine......read a large bowl of chopped up onions in the main room of the house will prevent flu....know eating onions is considered healthy...Could the smell just keep people away?....ha ha
anyone have any ideas?

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jan 7 2015, 5:55pm

Post #2 of 4 (76 views)
Shortcut
Wash your hands [In reply to] Can't Post

a bit more often than usual (though not enough to backfire by killing good bacteria), especially if you're forced to touch something public, and use a paper towel etc. to open and close common use doors etc. Alcohol pens and keyboards if anyone other than you needs to touch them. Other than that, I don't know. Life goes on, and we have to live in the world.

Annael
Immortal

Jan 7 2015, 7:09pm

Post #3 of 4 (72 views)
Shortcut
that's the best advice [In reply to] Can't Post

my MD is a big proponent of rhodiola as an immune-system booster. I take it whenever I start to feel like I'm coming down with something. Seems to help.

Since evidence can be adduced and interpreted to corroborate a virtually limitless array of world views, the human challenge is to engage that world view or set of perspectives which brings forth the most valuable, life-enhancing consequences.

- Richard Tarnas, The Passion of the Western Mind

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 8:30pm

Post #4 of 4 (75 views)
Shortcut
thanks...will check on that [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.