The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
PJ's Cameo...

patrickk
Rohan

Dec 26 2014, 11:33pm

Post #1 of 11 (1715 views)
Shortcut
PJ's Cameo... Can't Post

...as he said recently he 'is hidden in full view': see the guy walking about 100m behind Bilbo as he walks up the path returning to Bagend - PJ for sure!!!

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Dec 26 2014, 11:51pm

Post #2 of 11 (941 views)
Shortcut
so not khamul then? [In reply to] Can't Post

tarasaurus
Rohan

Dec 27 2014, 3:07am

Post #3 of 11 (791 views)
Shortcut
I still haven't caught it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen it three times and still couldn't find him. I've spotted Katie all three times though, haha

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 27 2014, 5:30am

Post #4 of 11 (749 views)
Shortcut
Isn't Katie one of the first Laketowners you see on screen? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it was her right there at the beginning of the film. I was like "Oooh! Katie." Laugh

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 27 2014, 5:50am

Post #5 of 11 (662 views)
Shortcut
Yup. [In reply to] Can't Post

I spotted her on my first viewing. Funny how she stands out, but after four viewings I still haven't spotted PJ! If that's him walking behind Bilbo as he walks up to Bag End, I've kept forgetting to pay attention right at that moment.

Arthael
Lorien

Dec 27 2014, 10:30am

Post #6 of 11 (672 views)
Shortcut
Lake town man [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty sure he's a lake towner (in guard uniform, if I remember correctly) that hands out food from the cart the elves bring to Dale. He's only in the first shot, not in a follow up shot a few seconds later.

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Aranarth
The Shire

Dec 27 2014, 2:44pm

Post #7 of 11 (494 views)
Shortcut
Definitely not khamul [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ usually likes his face to show, and khamul has no face.

DigificWriter
Lorien

Dec 27 2014, 3:13pm

Post #8 of 11 (473 views)
Shortcut
I suspect... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that he may not have had the time to film a new cameo and appears solely in photographic form when Bilbo starts tidying up Bag-End at the end of the movie.

patrickk
Rohan

Dec 27 2014, 8:54pm

Post #9 of 11 (373 views)
Shortcut
Not sure... [In reply to] Can't Post

...who Khamul is or was, but the guy walking behind Bilbo at a distance certainly has a face but it is some distance away, and as PJ said he is 'hidden in full view', and so that fits the bill on that score as well.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 28 2014, 1:30am

Post #10 of 11 (398 views)
Shortcut
Yes. That's Peter. [In reply to] Can't Post

He's walking way behind Bilbo, wearing the greying hair, camel/orangie pants, white shirt and brown jacket... looking slightly down and definitely on his way to Bag End... Thanks Goodness :)

You can see him the clearest as he passes the Pouf-Toting hobbit.

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

DigificWriter
Lorien

Jan 1 2015, 3:10am

Post #11 of 11 (232 views)
Shortcut
I was right... [In reply to] Can't Post

... when I said that Peter didn't film a new cameo. As he states in a new article posted by Stuff (a link to which can be found in the thread titled "News story - Peter Jackson's Long Goodbye to Middle-earth"), his TBotFA cameo is the portrait first seen in TFotR.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.