The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Aslan VS Galadriel

Aranarth
The Shire

Dec 23 2014, 1:44am

Post #1 of 6 (10830 views)
Shortcut
Aslan VS Galadriel Can't Post

I was pondering who would win? One is the most powerful good being in Narnia and the other is the most powerful good being in Middle Earth.

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 24 2014, 1:45am

Post #2 of 6 (10635 views)
Shortcut
Aslan hands down [In reply to] Can't Post

Galadriel is a powerful being in Arda, but NOT in Middle-earth- that title belongs to Eru as the creator of the world.

As Aslan is the creator of HIS world, I think he'd have no trouble beating Galadriel...though now you've got me debating on whether or not the White Witch is Galadriel in another universe....only evil Angelic Tongue

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jan 7 2015, 11:07pm

Post #3 of 6 (10496 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel isn't the most powerful good being in Middle-earth [In reply to] Can't Post

She is behind most likely all the Istari, but definitely Saruman (before he went bad) and Gandalf. And IMO she would get crushed by Aslan - he did create and end a world after all (and I'm pretty sure he is a divine being in Lewis's world).

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Jan 7 2015, 11:07pm)

Gianna
Rohan

Jan 8 2015, 1:03am

Post #4 of 6 (10536 views)
Shortcut
Aslan for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

After all, he did create Narnia.

~There's some good left in this world. And it's worth fighting for.~

(This post was edited by Gianna on Jan 8 2015, 1:03am)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2015, 4:57am

Post #5 of 6 (10484 views)
Shortcut
good observation [In reply to] Can't Post

Aslan sings Narnia into existence, rather like the Valar (under the direction of Eru) sing creation into existence.

Aslan is generally seen as a Jesus allegory, which makes him pretty much God incarnate.

Galadriel is powerful, but merely one of the Children of Illuvatar.

(a friend who did much housebuilding kept referring to him as Louverdoor...)

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

NateGate
Rivendell

Jan 29 2015, 7:53pm

Post #6 of 6 (10474 views)
Shortcut
Aslan.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Via the "in your world I have another name" clause from the Dawn Treader CS Lweis makes it painfully obvious that Aslan is Jesus Christ in another form and basically God. So can Galadriel take on an omnipotent? I doubt it, epic stomp.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.