Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Cameos

theroadgoeseveron

Dec 22 2014, 1:31pm

Post #1 of 11 (788 views)
Shortcut
Cameos Can't Post

I spotted Katie Jackson in a boat fleeing Laketown....Has anyone spotted anyone else?

I didn't see PJ...he said in one of his interviews he's "hidden in plain sight". I hope he didnt mean the portrait of him in Bag End? Would be so dissappointed.

Wasn't Stephen Colbert due for a cameo in this one?

(This post was edited by theroadgoeseveron on Dec 22 2014, 1:32pm)

CathrineB
Rohan

Dec 22 2014, 2:24pm

Post #2 of 11 (496 views)
Shortcut
I quite enjoyed... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dean's cameo as Fili Sly And the other dwarves too actually...

Sorry, no more sass.

I did spot Katie yes! I also spot a cameo by a tiny, grey dog on the shores of Erebor that stole my heart Wink

Peter was apparently one of the nine ringwraits. a chubby one with jester look. And the paintings Bilbo hangs up is Fran (and Peter?)

(This post was edited by CathrineB on Dec 22 2014, 2:24pm)

DjU
Lorien

Dec 22 2014, 3:28pm

Post #3 of 11 (392 views)
Shortcut
Not sure thats PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Peter was apparently one of the nine ringwraits. a chubby one with jester look.

Really not sure how this is still being cited as his cameo? If I remembering correctly during one of the Trailer threads one person jokingly(?) commented that they thought that the big one could be PJ - another few posters suggest that could be a good idea and that they wouldn't be surprised at the idea of him being a mo-capped cameo. And then the ball continued rolling down the the hill and it seems to have been made in to some kind of fact. Despite nothing to essentially to back this up. Chinese Whispers at it best - or worst!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2014, 3:35pm

Post #4 of 11 (384 views)
Shortcut
Some more [In reply to] Can't Post

Shane Rangi and Terry Notary as Laketown refugees.

Eric 'Quint' Vespe and Billy Jackson as Laketowners in Dale.

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 22 2014, 10:02pm

Post #5 of 11 (211 views)
Shortcut
Shane Rangi cameo in DOS Laketown "Welcome" scene [In reply to] Can't Post

not as a refugee - that I know of. Smile Did you see him in BOTFA in a cameo?
First man left of screen holding torch.

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Dec 22 2014, 10:03pm)

iduna
Rivendell

Dec 22 2014, 10:22pm

Post #6 of 11 (198 views)
Shortcut
Maybe he's the big squishy-faced orc [In reply to] Can't Post

What if he's the big orc that tries to kill Sigrid and Tilda in Dale, when Bard rescues them by rolling downhill in that cart? He's a funny-looking one, and had a crippled hand, I think (Peter's better-looking than the orc, of course, but just maybe there's a slight resemblance).

He's in the trailer, too, and people were wondering who that orc was and why he was getting so much attention when we'd never had him introduced before.

I'm trying to squint and imagine Peter without any hair at all. Anybody? Anybody?

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 23 2014, 12:41am

Post #7 of 11 (191 views)
Shortcut
Pretty sure he's not a ringwraith. [In reply to] Can't Post

You never get a glimpse of faces - and without a face to be seen, it can't really be called a cameo, can it?

I think he's the Laketowner in grey who hands out food from the cart in Dale.

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

theroadgoeseveron

Dec 23 2014, 6:26pm

Post #8 of 11 (133 views)
Shortcut
I dont think the Orc [In reply to] Can't Post

That Orc looked CGI.

I'll have to look again at the Laketowner in the cart.

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Dec 23 2014, 7:37pm

Post #9 of 11 (130 views)
Shortcut
me too [In reply to] Can't Post

very difficult to see though

I think he's the Laketowner in grey who hands out food from the cart in Dale.

iduna
Rivendell

Dec 23 2014, 9:46pm

Post #10 of 11 (118 views)
Shortcut
Well, it still might be... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That Orc looked CGI.

I know the Orc looked CGI, but then Gollum is CGI too, even though he's Andy Serkis. PJ has been Carrot Man in Bree, he's been an Easterling Pirate, and he's been a Dwarf -- I bet he'd be up for having himself CGI'd into an Orc.

Of course I could be wrong, but it would explain what that Orc is doing so prominently featured in the ads, when we never actually know who he is.

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 24 2014, 12:38am

Post #11 of 11 (114 views)
Shortcut
I saw it [In reply to] Can't Post

and yes it was PJ Cool

I could tell because of the hair- didn't get a great look at his face, but it was undoubtedly him in that cart!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.