The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LOTR Title Contest XXXII

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 20 2014, 5:00am

Post #1 of 23 (3839 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Title Contest XXXII Can't Post

This has taken an entishly long time, but we are not a hasty folk. Thank you, noWizardme, for selecting my game of scissors/rock/paper and for your patience in waiting for the next round.

I was so impressed with Lord Elrond's recent appearance in BOTFA I wanted to give him a chance to speak from the future. What words of wisdom shall we hear, hmmm? Enjoy!

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 20 2014, 5:22am

Post #2 of 23 (3647 views)
Shortcut
"You hear that Mr. Aragorn? [In reply to] Can't Post

That is the sound of inevitability. It is the sound of your death. Goodbye, Mr. Aragorn."

"My name is Elessar."

(Apologies if anyone has the misfortune of imagining Keanu as Aragorn after this. CrazyCool)

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 20 2014, 5:33am

Post #3 of 23 (3617 views)
Shortcut
Whoa... // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 20 2014, 11:44am

Post #4 of 23 (3608 views)
Shortcut
"Keep my baby safe, Aragorn." - "Arwen will come to no harm, I promise." - "I was talking about the sword!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 20 2014, 1:42pm

Post #5 of 23 (3598 views)
Shortcut
E: "You can't have her! She's mine I say!" A: "Want to hear the sound of cleaving meat?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
But, sneaking off in daylight takes much more cunning.

(This post was edited by Bracegirdle on Dec 20 2014, 1:43pm)

Name
Rohan

Dec 20 2014, 5:27pm

Post #6 of 23 (3593 views)
Shortcut
E: "Anduril, the flame of the West, reforged from the shards of Narsil! But first you must beat me in a staring contest." [In reply to] Can't Post

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2014, 10:48pm

Post #7 of 23 (3595 views)
Shortcut
Elrond: "Um ... I thought this might be a good time to tell you Legolas meant north-west. You are 500 leagues in the wrong direction!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 21 2014, 3:59am

Post #8 of 23 (3576 views)
Shortcut
This is my very favorite sword. [In reply to] Can't Post

I call it Vera.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Dec 21 2014, 7:50am

Post #9 of 23 (3580 views)
Shortcut
Hello! My name is Elrond Half-Elven. You took my daughter's immortality; prepare to die! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by zarabia on Dec 21 2014, 7:54am)

sador
Half-elven

Dec 21 2014, 12:20pm

Post #10 of 23 (3563 views)
Shortcut
Bingo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I can equal that.
(Looking for my thinking-cap)

dubulous
Rohan

Dec 22 2014, 8:17pm

Post #11 of 23 (3535 views)
Shortcut
E: Stick them with the pointy end. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 22 2014, 11:00pm

Post #12 of 23 (3533 views)
Shortcut
"So 'Thorongil', you look awfully like a certain ranger who ran out on my daughter..." / [In reply to] Can't Post

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the mantle clock was striking thirteen."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 23 2014, 3:23am

Post #13 of 23 (3532 views)
Shortcut
Splitting hairs now are we? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Dec 23 2014, 3:58am

Post #14 of 23 (3534 views)
Shortcut
Elrond: "So, this is embarrasing, but... my daughter stole my sword. Can I borrow yours?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

sador
Half-elven

Dec 23 2014, 9:16pm

Post #15 of 23 (3529 views)
Shortcut
That blade is long, andf could pierce the tent. Take care, will ya? [In reply to] Can't Post

(or should it be 'Vilya'?)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 23 2014, 9:39pm

Post #16 of 23 (3520 views)
Shortcut
"But this is supposed to be a tentpole movie, right?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the mantle clock was striking thirteen."

sador
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 3:55am

Post #17 of 23 (3522 views)
Shortcut
A: "Murderers! Traitors!" E: "For 87 years I've been paying a fortune each month for your life insurance, and now you're chickening out?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Dec 26 2014, 3:41am

Post #18 of 23 (3508 views)
Shortcut
This is Anduril. Re-fashioned from the shards of Narsil... It took a lot of trouble to fit it back together, so don't break it!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

(This post was edited by Rembrethil on Dec 26 2014, 3:41am)

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 27 2014, 2:02am

Post #19 of 23 (3485 views)
Shortcut
"Look, Viggo, if I twist this shiny sword just right, it makes a rainbow. Isn't that cute?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 27 2014, 2:08am

Post #20 of 23 (3490 views)
Shortcut
Happy Boxing Day, cats16. You are the winner of Round XXXII! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hugo Weaving is my flavour of the month, so a double scoop was just the ticket, thank you very much!

There were other clever cultural/cinematic references I did and did not get from you clever bunch, and Inigo almost took the prize, Zarabia. Has there ever been a better introduction in the history of film? I think not, but he must live to fight another day.

Happy 2015 to us all!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 27 2014, 10:32am

Post #21 of 23 (3489 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

Round XXXIII is all yours, cats. Smile

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 27 2014, 6:01pm

Post #22 of 23 (3469 views)
Shortcut
Woo! [In reply to] Can't Post

*bows* Thag you very buch, Lissuin!

Now I'm off to find a good screencap. Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 27 2014, 6:01pm

Post #23 of 23 (3530 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, BF. New contest coming shortly. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.