The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Saruman in the Battle of the Five Armies [Spoilers]

Curunir The White
The Shire

Dec 19 2014, 5:52pm

Post #1 of 6 (1099 views)
Shortcut
Saruman in the Battle of the Five Armies [Spoilers] Can't Post

When I had read, and then saw that Galadriel would take on Sauron, I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't Saruman, but in all honesty, I didn't feel in the slightest that Galadriel stole any of the attention from Saruman (perhaps Elrond) - particularly since it's Saruman's line we are left with however one thing I have wondered is;

Does anyone think there will be more of Saruman in the extended edition? Perhaps something showing this "kindness and understanding towards Gandalf and Galadriel" that Christopher Lee had mentioned in his last Christmas video?

Or an even better question - does anyone have any hints or anything towards any scenes that could show more of him?

I think it would be amazing to see a display of his voice in Dol Guldur, over any magical feat he could pull off.

The friendship of Saruman and the power of Orthanc cannot be lightly thrown aside, whatever grievances, real or fancied, may lie behind.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2014, 5:54pm

Post #2 of 6 (681 views)
Shortcut
I hope so but they teased us in the trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

when Saruman says "leave sauron to me" they wanted us to think saruman versus sauron but when you watch the scene saruman says that after sauron flees.

The flames of war are upon you..

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

Dec 19 2014, 6:46pm

Post #3 of 6 (605 views)
Shortcut
It can not be spoiler anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

By now everybody who wanted must have seen the movie..
It is almost january now.

Elskidor
Rohan

Dec 19 2014, 8:45pm

Post #4 of 6 (469 views)
Shortcut
.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think ( Crazy scary thought) it worked out pretty good, although I wish it could have played out about 10 minutes longer. I'm still hoping for some more Saruman in the EE, maybe finding a particular item in Dol Guldur and having a few more lines.

Remus
Lorien

Dec 19 2014, 11:34pm

Post #5 of 6 (423 views)
Shortcut
I didnt like it and expect in the EE [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron will fight Saruman or at least be a LONGER fight and maybe Sauron shoots fireballs or something and Saruman deflects them....

What are we Tolkien fans and "standard movie lovers" going to think Saruman did after Dol Guldur, and more importantly, for 60 YEARS? Did he go into Mordor alone? Did he find Sauron? Did they fight? Did he get a palantir from that? And he started searching for the One Ring instead?

If i recall correctly, Saruman finds a Palantir in Orthanc when he first makes it his home.

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Dec 20 2014, 12:29am

Post #6 of 6 (372 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron wasn't that threatening, he was pretty much just a christmas lights show.

The Gandalf vs. Sauron battle was done far better and much more intense and menacing.

I would love to see some more Saruman action, especially a little bit of Sauron vs Saruman.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.