Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle earth is over?

Robert1998

Dec 18 2014, 7:53pm

Post #1 of 10 (749 views)
Shortcut
Middle earth is over? Can't Post

Now that the hobbit and lord of the rings films are completely done. Do you think that there will be another middle earth type film or book to be written? or do you believe that the Peter jackson is done with middle earth or will anyone ever be able to interpret it as well and in as much detail as he could?

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 18 2014, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 10 (596 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Robert1998 [In reply to] Can't Post

Books!
In the 60 odd years since the publishing of LOTR no one has come close to Tolkien’s excellence, and it’s very doubtful if anyone in the foreseeable future would have the time, patience, or intelligence to even approach the brilliance of the good Professor.

Movies. . .?
Who knows what lies ahead? Smiley

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
But, sneaking off in daylight takes much more cunning.

Robert1998

Dec 18 2014, 9:24pm

Post #3 of 10 (584 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is true! No one will ever be able to recreate the world in the way that he did in the books!
&I hope there is another movie eventually, as while watching the hobbit or the lord of the rings, it kind of takes you out of reality for abit. You get caught up in middle earth that you feel asif you are there. you know what i mean?Laugh

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 18 2014, 9:36pm

Post #4 of 10 (576 views)
Shortcut
Completely OT [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think you're coming down with emoticon fever, Bracegirdle.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 18 2014, 9:51pm

Post #5 of 10 (560 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well now, you @#$% started it Miss OT.
Smiley

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 18 2014, 10:09pm

Post #6 of 10 (555 views)
Shortcut
I haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 18 2014, 10:39pm

Post #7 of 10 (548 views)
Shortcut
Of course you don't [In reply to] Can't Post

Gianna
Rohan

Dec 19 2014, 1:54am

Post #8 of 10 (541 views)
Shortcut
Who knows what may happen in future? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be surprised if no one ever remade the LOTR and Hobbit movies. But as for books specifically about Middle-earth, I think I read somewhere that the Tolkien Estate doesn't want anyone actually publishing new books about Middle-earth (not including online fanfic etc. of course). But I could be wrong.

On the other hand, if you're just looking for fantasy in the style of JRRT, I would recommend the series "Legacy of the Stone Harp" by James Anderson and Mark Sebanc. Two of the books are released so far (The Stoneholding and Darkling Fields of Arvon); the third is supposed to come sometime soon, and there will be a fourth in the series. I enjoy them a lot; they are not quite as epic as LOTR (what is? Smile) but very finely crafted books anyways. The plot is fascinating, the characters are interesting, and I can't wait for the third!

Amazon link to The Stoneholding: http://www.amazon.com/...e-Harp/dp/1439132992

~There's some good left in this world. And it's worth fighting for.~

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 19 2014, 10:20pm

Post #9 of 10 (493 views)
Shortcut
Books about Tolkien/Middle-earth [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'd be surprised if no one ever remade the LOTR and Hobbit movies. But as for books specifically about Middle-earth, I think I read somewhere that the Tolkien Estate doesn't want anyone actually publishing new books about Middle-earth (not including online fanfic etc. of course). But I could be wrong.

Oh, I'm sure that the future holds many books about Middle-earth (as opposed to new stories set in Tolkien's world), both about the literary setting and Peter Jackson's film series. We can also anticipate more games set in Middle-earth, including future suppliments for The One Ring Roleplaying Game from U.K. game publisher Cubicle 7 as well as more video/computer games from Warners.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eruonen
Half-elven

Dec 22 2014, 1:53am

Post #10 of 10 (470 views)
Shortcut
I still hold out a small flickering hope that The Children of Hurin will be filmed [In reply to] Can't Post

sometime over the next 20 years. This would take a new generation of Tolkien estate trustees to authorize. I think at some point, the right deal and $$$$ will convince them. It could make for one heck of a terrific story...ME but dark, brooding, sad, plenty of action but disastrous in so many ways.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.