Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Bad news for 2014 Bridge Direct figures...

CrunchyNug

Dec 13 2014, 12:23am

Post #1 of 5 (2447 views)
Shortcut
Bad news for 2014 Bridge Direct figures... Can't Post

Hey all. Like most of you, I have been waiting patiently for any news on the future of The Bridge Direct's line of Hobbit action figures, both 6" and 3 3/4". After searching around the internet for updates, and finding nothing, I took it upon myself to reach out to The Bridge Direct through their Facebook page. Here's my correspondence with them...

This probably doesn't come as a total surprise to any of us, but at least I got an answer straight from the source. What a shame. This line had so much promise in the beginning...

stormcrow20
Gondor

Dec 18 2014, 8:27am

Post #2 of 5 (2080 views)
Shortcut
Link? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't find this post on The Bridge Direct's Facebook page. Can you post a link?

CrunchyNug

Dec 18 2014, 6:22pm

Post #3 of 5 (2092 views)
Shortcut
Bridge Direct [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, this was a conversation had through Private Message, so it's not public. I just wanted to share it with everyone...

demnation
Rohan

Dec 23 2014, 5:16am

Post #4 of 5 (2093 views)
Shortcut
I just got their Smaug figure in the mail [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, what a disappointment! And I generally thought they did a good job on the previous figures. It's a bit sad that the line never really took off, despite the success of the films.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

mdewater

Jan 5 2015, 2:58am

Post #5 of 5 (2099 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for sharing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Been hoping for some kind of update. I was pretty disappointed in the Smaug figure, but have been pretty happy with the rest of the 3 3/4 line. Sad to see it's been such a mess of a release.

A 3 3/4" Middle-Earth line would have really been a dream come true, if done properly. As nice as the 6" LOTR figures were, I've always found the smaller 3 3/4 lines like Star Wars and Marvel to be much more collector-friendly, for both cash and space.

I do have to wonder *why* it's been such a disappointment. Can the blame be placed mostly on New Line/WB/Jackson? Bridge Direct themselves? A lack of interest from consumers? Retailers? I suppose it's a combination of these things - it's just strange that the Toy Biz LOTR line did so well and this one was practically dead on arrival.

I hope another toy company gets a shot at LOTR/Hobbit, and does a full out 3 3/4 line, Star Wars style: obscure characters, different outfits, cloth and fur plussing and all. Would there be enough interest from fans for a line like that?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.