Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
A long time ago, in a city far, far away...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2014, 9:11pm

Post #26 of 41 (167 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Elizabeth! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a pleasure to share that weekend with you, and quite a few other times as well! :-)

I hope things are well with you -- have you caught the tail end of the big Pineapple Express storm? The news said it stretched all the way to Hawaii.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Dec 12 2014, 10:42pm

Post #27 of 41 (169 views)
Shortcut
Wow, ten years - [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations! Many more to come, too.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 13 2014, 12:58am

Post #28 of 41 (174 views)
Shortcut
What an amazing weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

Your wedding was still the most fun of any I've ever attended. I didn't want it to end.

I have pictures that I'll upload and share - I was going through old e-mails we had for planning the weekend. Here's a part of the message you sent to all of us about a week after the wedding:

"What an incredible weekend we had -- my head's still spinning a bit from it all, but I do know that the entire weekend was as perfect a wedding weekend as possible. Many, many thanks to all of you for sharing in the fun, and for helping to make it all something that will be wonderful to look back on for many, many years to come. I owe all of you individual thanks for the parts you played, but forgive me if it takes me a bit to drop you the personal note each of you deserve! Unfortunately, I'm back to Real Life now, and grading just became a top priority. Urgh. Darn students, wanting to know what grades they earned... ;-)

The outpouring of well-wishes both here and on the boards has been overwhelming, very touching and much appreciated. The group gifts from so many brought tears to my eyes -- what a wonderfully sweet gesture. We've been slowly going through posts and pictures, and can't wait to see more pics as they trickle in. Every picture makes me grin. Kudos to all of you wonderful TORnstars."

Oh, and I hope this works - one of my favorite pictures of NZ Toddler from my visit a couple years ago.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 13 2014, 4:05am

Post #29 of 41 (165 views)
Shortcut
'You do not have permission to view this album.' [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't see the photo. Frown

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 13 2014, 1:19pm

Post #30 of 41 (168 views)
Shortcut
That was an awesome, crazy weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

It was magical - although I went through it on a bit of a jet-lagged high!! It was an honour to be there. I've just flicked through photos and they brought back such lovely memories, of the combined bachelorette party, and the lovely ceremony, and those red glasses you had for the champagne, and the dancing, and then I think we all went back to the motel and carried on having fun until early in the morning. And we went to the zoo and the beach and it was all just lovely.

Happy happy anniversary, and here's to LOTS more!

Storm clouds

sador
Half-elven

Dec 13 2014, 5:34pm

Post #31 of 41 (159 views)
Shortcut
Many happy returns, both of you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't remember the days when NZS was all over the Reading Room - I've joined TORn a couple of years after you've got married - but I well remember how the mere mention of him used to command an admiring attention.

And I've loved following your posts ever since you've returned to regular posting - they are always a pleasure to read, being well-written, stimulating, frank and pure fun.

Keep well, all five of you.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 13 2014, 7:44pm

Post #32 of 41 (143 views)
Shortcut
Ok - I'll work on it - sorry! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 14 2014, 5:43am

Post #33 of 41 (137 views)
Shortcut
lol that's my little girl's favorite book! [In reply to] Can't Post

In fact, when I tell her to go pick a bedtime story, she gets that one every time, and tells me, "Mommy, wead bedtime stowy!"

I'm pretty sure I can "read" it without even looking at the pages at this point Wink

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 14 2014, 5:53am

Post #34 of 41 (140 views)
Shortcut
ROFL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm laughing hysterically at this, because we are in that SAME spot with Goodnight Moon! My two and a half year old LOVES that book, and I've gotten to the point that I can "read" it without even looking, because she's convinced that's her "bedtime stowy" and when I ask her to pick a different book (praying she'll avoid that one) inevitably, it's "Mommy wead bedtime stowy" and yup, Goodnight Moon is shoved in my hands....

And I have definitely been privy to the "Go the F*** to Sleep" book too! Every. Single. Night....

Congratulations on your anniversary! What a treat to have BO5A to celebrate! And here's a lovely anniversary present for you Smile:

http://fav.me/d5r7n60

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Dec 14 2014, 5:56am)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Dec 15 2014, 3:05am

Post #35 of 41 (132 views)
Shortcut
Oh, thanks for the great pictures! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember driving you to San Diego from LAX, through massive rush hour traffic. I hope you are doing well!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Dec 15 2014, 3:07am

Post #36 of 41 (140 views)
Shortcut
We still miss NZ Strider in the Reading Room... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but we are blessed with a couple more "generations" of bright, articulate Tolkien lovers. Thank you for being one of them!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 15 2014, 3:27am

Post #37 of 41 (134 views)
Shortcut
OK, this should work. [In reply to] Can't Post

Picture of NZ Toddler when I visited in 2012.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 15 2014, 3:55am

Post #38 of 41 (121 views)
Shortcut
That works! [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes, she has changed a lot!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 15 2014, 7:56am

Post #39 of 41 (124 views)
Shortcut
You did [In reply to] Can't Post

And the lift was very much appreciated! Smile

Storm clouds

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Dec 15 2014, 6:47pm

Post #40 of 41 (105 views)
Shortcut
Happy anniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't there, but I do remember when it happened. I remember somebody quoted from "LotR": "Aragorn sprang upon Roheryn." :-D

It was so lovely finally getting to meet you in person last year at Altaira's and BG's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

sador
Half-elven

Dec 16 2014, 8:31am

Post #41 of 41 (113 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.