Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
For those worried that it will all be over soon...

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 1:05pm

Post #1 of 3 (258 views)
Shortcut
For those worried that it will all be over soon... Can't Post

Silly Hobbitses, Tolkien is forever.

I just found This (The Piano Guys: Lord of the Rings) looking for something else and it reminded me of how much art Tolkien's stories have inspired, and I'm not just talking about those dear little sketches we've all made (c'mon, you know you have) of Middle Earth and the folks who live there in the corners of shopping lists or the reams of fanfiction that make their way onto our computers. Some really beautiful music and art is being created by professional musicians as the make their own journey through the world Tolkien created. And it's not just the music in that video - look at the locations they've chosen for the video. It's beautiful!

Anyone else found something really good, done by professional main stream artists that shows just how far Tolkien has come in the world of art and music?

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 9:43pm

Post #2 of 3 (112 views)
Shortcut
Have you seen The Piano Guys' Arwen's Vigil? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one of my absolute favorite songs of theirs and some days it's my favorite song period.Heart The story behind the song is in the description below the video and they explain why they felt like this song was a perfect personification of Arwen from LOTR.

Also there are SO MANY artists on the site DeviantArt, both amateur and professional who create gorgeous (and sometimes funny) artwork inspired by Tolkien's ME writings. Some of my favorites are Kinko-White, Mellorian J, kimberly80, wolfanita, evankart, steamy, and Frotu. I've spent way too much time scrolling through and drooling over how beautiful some of them are.Evil

"The skies don't seem to be as dark as usual
The stars seem brighter than they've been before
And deep within I feel my soul is stirring
As though my hope has been restored.

The shepherds say they've heard the voice of angels
Confirming rumors spread across the land
That a child protected well from Herod's anger
Is our Father's Son and the Son of Man.

Love is raining down on the world tonight
There's a presence here I can tell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emanuel."
~Amy Grant "God is With Us"

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2014, 2:00am

Post #3 of 3 (124 views)
Shortcut
I'm working my way through their YouTube channel [In reply to] Can't Post

and loved that piece! Lindsey Stirling did a cover of Howard Shore's music that was really beautiful!

I like fan art, but I'm really impressed with how many times I see Tolkien's work out there with mainstream artists. It's not just the fringe geeks who appreciate his world, he's out there all over the place!

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

(This post was edited by Dame Ioreth on Dec 11 2014, 2:07am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.